Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NeuroniaSW
01.03.2013 , 01:37 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by darhsteel View Post
I agree to the point where I want to scream. SGR? really? BW would rather focus on homoerotic cutscenes than a new warzone or world event??really?????
They just added a new warzone didn't they?
More RP options is good thing. There's a new planet and content coming, perhaps it will also include a world event.
You also get all Flashpoints updated to 55 and so on.

Honestly, on most of my alts this won't even come up...I make alts on concept and that means I sometimes get left out of the "Flirt" options due to gender sameness. Spacebar is still around to skip through stuff, and we don't have any evidence of it being LGBTQ-Erotic at all outside of a sentence or two ingame. Who knows, it might not even reach your companions and it might be an isolated contact here or there. You can still avoid it and progress so...

Royox
01.03.2013 , 01:43 PM | #42
ALL the resources and effort should be used to solve bugs, add new Operations, WZ's, pazaak, arenas, open PVP events, flashpoints, SSSP, Swoop races.......not that SGR thing.

I want to be able to say "hey ppl in my game I can use my ship for PVP" or "i can play pazaak" or "we can do Swoop races". You cannot say to ANYONE "My game has SGR!!" god dammit WE NEED CONTENT not stupid things.

Altyrell
01.03.2013 , 01:53 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
ALL the resources and effort should be used to solve bugs, add new Operations, WZ's, pazaak, arenas, open PVP events, flashpoints, SSSP, Swoop races.......not that SGR thing.

I want to be able to say "hey ppl in my game I can use my ship for PVP" or "i can play pazaak" or "we can do Swoop races". You cannot say to ANYONE "My game has SGR!!" god dammit WE NEED CONTENT not stupid things.
You DO know that SGR's is technically and without a doubt, CONTENT. Also, they have DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS for DIFFERENT CONTENT. IE The Department that handles PVP/WZ/Etc is not the SAME as the Department that is handling the SSSP whom are not the same as the Department that handles writing the Story. Do each Department interact with each other, yes. BUT they do not take away resources.

Speaking of which, WHAT "Resources" do YOU think that adding SGR's, which by the way they DID in fact say we were going to be getting, do you think they took from the PVP Department or the Mini-Game Department (FYI, they've stated that Mini-Games such as Pazaak/Sabbac/Swoop Racing wasn't high on their list of priorities) or even the Flash Point or Operation's Departments? Hmm? What resources do you think were "stolen"?

chuixupu
01.03.2013 , 01:56 PM | #44

Again - they have multiple teams of different kinds of employees who specialize in writing, platform design, art, sounds, etc.. They don't send the writer or sound guy to solve bugs or create warzones. They wouldn't know where to begin. An MMO needs all these people to keep it operational, they're all working on their specialized areas. They CAN hire more people to work on bug fixing, and design - I noticed they actually did have some positions for those things open on their website recently. But obviously they aren't going to increase their staff too much since they recently downsized quite a bit.

Also, I don't give a damn about pazaak , swoop races or even PVP. But I respect other's desire to have it.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Altyrell
01.03.2013 , 01:57 PM | #45

Um, you do know that with the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion, you WILL in fact be getting NEW Flash Points? Heck, you JUST got a new PvP Warzone. What Open PvP Events would YOU like to have added? What makes you think that via the SSSP you'll be able to use your Ship for PvP?

Altyrell
01.03.2013 , 01:59 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Again - they have multiple teams of different kinds of employees who specialize in writing, platform design, art, sounds, etc.. They don't send the writer or sound guy to solve bugs or create warzones. They wouldn't know where to begin. An MMO needs all these people to keep it operational, they're all working on their specialized areas. They CAN hire more people to work on bug fixing, and design - I noticed they actually did have some positions for those things open on their website recently. But obviously they aren't going to increase their staff too much since they recently downsized quite a bit.

Also, I don't give a damn about pazaak , swoop races or even PVP. But I respect other's desire to have it.
Well, to be fair, the Writing Department may send a Writer or 2 to the PvP Department to help write out any script that the Warzones would need along with get a general idea as to the theme of the Warzone. But I do agree that creating Warzones wouldn't require the entire Writing Department.

chuixupu
01.03.2013 , 02:02 PM | #47
There is, of course, some cross-department work where it is required, but the writing for a few lines of warzone dialogue hardly seems time consuming, that could all probably be phoned in.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Altyrell
01.03.2013 , 02:22 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
There is, of course, some cross-department work where it is required, but the writing for a few lines of warzone dialogue hardly seems time consuming, that could all probably be phoned in.
I agree, and SGR's happens to require more time from the Writing Department

TheBBP
01.03.2013 , 03:24 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
You DO know that SGR's is technically and without a doubt, CONTENT.
Content to placate a tiny amount of very loud people. Resources should have been put into more guild amenities at minimum.

Altyrell
01.03.2013 , 03:34 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Content to placate a tiny amount of very loud people. Resources should have been put into more guild amenities at minimum.
Uh, different department different resources. Guild Amenities only needs very little resources from the Writing Department.

Oh, and just HOW do you know how small the amount of people that have been asking for this are? Just because there might seem to be a small amount vocally asking for this doesn't represent just how many would ACTUALLY use this. Cause for all you know it could be a Majority that wants SGR's added but only a small fraction actually comes onto the Forums and vocally asks for it.

Also, the people who are asking for this are NOT being "Very Loud" so please don't blow that out of proportion either.