Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

theUndead
01.14.2013 , 04:25 PM | #471
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
You can suspect all you like. You would not be able to back any of your suspicions up with evidence.

See how that works?

You are entitled to suspect. I am entitled to go on believing that SGRs cater to a small minority of the player base. What makes you think that you can require that I provide evidence to voice my opinion while you provide none to refute my opinion?
No actually I don't see how that works. But the fact of the matter is the burden of proof is on you not me because you are the one who originally made the statement. Also until you do back it up it will not be taken into account as a serious claim despite the fact the it is your opinion. Also, just because it is a opinion does not mean your responsibility to back up your what your saying is not there. Also personal opinion does not shield one from criticism and on a public forum like this, you risk not being taken seriously or being viewed as unintelligent especially around highly debated topics such as one.

Also just to clarify I am perfectly entitled to require to you provide evidence because if you seen my other responses in this thread you would have noticed that I have put my support behind the implementation of SGR right from the get go meaning I never gave a further opinion on the matter. You on the other hand have spent the majority of the time claiming people are not aloud to call you out on your opinion because it's just how you feel. I'm sorry but a real adult debate does not work like that. You will not get away with making such a bold statement involving the player base without having to back it up as this affects many people and until you actually prove your belief people like myself will continue to call you out on it.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger) The Duma Legacy (Shadowlands)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

Royox
01.14.2013 , 05:30 PM | #472
Bioware scriptwriter of Dragon Age and Mass Effect:

http://dgaider.tumblr.com/post/40361...ances-in-games

Summary:
Quote:
A friend of mine and I had a discussion regarding romances in Dragon Age. He said he had a problem with the fact that not all of the companions were romanceable, stating that there should be some way to, not necessarily on the same playthrough, convince every member of your party to have some manner of relations. I stated that it wasn’t feasible because of the effort required, and the sacrifices to other gameplay aspects it would cause.
Quote:
[...]1) Romances are a side show, not the main game. Yes, some people like them a lot, and I have absolutely no beef with them doing so. In fact, it’s very gratifying. While I suppose a game could be made where the romantic plot takes a level of importance equal to that of the critical path, that has never been the case with the games BioWare makes. These plots are tertiary, optional content… something to add to your enjoyment, and add to your level of emotional investment in the characters… and that seems to get forgotten when people discuss it at length.[...]
Quote:
2) I dislike the idea of every character being sexually available to the player. Not that it cheapens them, necessarily, but it would lend itself towards their objectification.[...]
Quote:
I would, however, resist making the romance elements of our games more prominent without also changing the nature of that content. Adding an element of failure, for instance, or by having not all characters be available to all player characters (they’re attracted only to certain types, for instance)

Bioware has spoken. Discuss.

Tattari
01.14.2013 , 05:43 PM | #473
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
I fully agree.
Word.

Lent_San
01.14.2013 , 07:10 PM | #474
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
Bioware scriptwriter of Dragon Age and Mass Effect:
http://dgaider.tumblr.com/post/40361...ances-in-games
Summary:
Bioware has spoken. Discuss.
If you want discussion, put up the whole thing, not edited pieces out of context.
It's David Gaider on his private tumblr, though, not Bioware.

ExcaliburKnight
01.14.2013 , 07:35 PM | #475
Ok havn't writen about this subject before but after reading that MakeB is going to be a planet for SGR I finally feel I have no choice This is an MMO this game isn't a shouting board for being proud to be SGR. I have Gay friends and even they don't feel a Computer game should be used in this way.
It feels like a small minority just love to shove it down our throats about there sexuality and keep on about sexual equality THIS isnt LIFE its an MMO were we are meant to come and relax after a hard days work to enjoy playing a game that you can as a father enjoy with your children.

If this game is going to shove SGR down our throats then I feel your taking Star wars in completely the wrong direction and i'm sure Disney wouldn't be happy with this.

You have SGR in your Bio-ware Mass effect games and I have played them all if you want to do SGR then bloody well make a MASS EFFECT MMO but don't pander to a small minority who think by posting every day on your forums they will get there way.

If I really thought that was the way to go id post every day about the bloody BUGS in this game and ask you to sort your teams out to actually make this game worth paying for.

I don't push my Sexual preferences down players throats so I don't see why players who wish for SGR should push it down mine.

Most players who I have had topical consultation with on this subject normally are young Boys who are like yeh we want SGR so we can get girls character to kiss girl companions.

looking forward to Star Wars 7 with a few SGR going on in the film see how long that lasts in a cinema with a PG rating.
LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS

KillaDeuce
01.14.2013 , 07:39 PM | #476
Not sure what else I should type here to stay within the rules other than I suggest that other needs be prioritized ahead of SGRs.
I completely agree with this. Unfortunately it seems EAware has already put assets into place to make it happen. (an assumption, after reading the last state of the game)

Which is quite sad. So many other things should have higher priority over this.
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbäl - PT - POT5 / Bastion

Caelrie
01.14.2013 , 07:50 PM | #477
Quote: Originally Posted by ExcaliburKnight View Post
I don't push my Sexual preferences down players throats so I don't see why players who wish for SGR should push it down mine.
Yes you do, every time you mention a girlfriend or wife. You just don't think of it like that.

If this game is going to shove SGR down our throats then I feel your taking Star wars in completely the wrong direction and i'm sure Disney wouldn't be happy with this.
Psst, Disney came out in favor of gay marriage over 6 years ago.

Quote: Originally Posted by KillaDeuce View Post
I completely agree with this. Unfortunately it seems EAware has already put assets into place to make it happen. (an assumption, after reading the last state of the game)

Which is quite sad. So many other things should have higher priority over this.
Everything's had a higher priority than this for 7 years of SWTOR development time. Players who wanted SGRAs waited patiently in line for their turn.

It's their turn.

Xeta
01.14.2013 , 07:59 PM | #478
Just one thing from a deleted thread I started (I was referred here by a moderator):

I don't understand how, by adding SGRA to a new planet, Bioware is segregating gay characters to only one planet. Did people expect them to rewrite the whole story with SGR [Flirt] options? As far as I can tell, they're doing it on Makeb only right now because they've been writing it into the new content. It's not a ploy against the homosexual community to ship them off to a random Hutt world, as the media is sensationalizing it to be.

And it's not a "planet of only gay characters"... Guys, c'mon...
Xeta - Bounty Hunter, Mercenary, Assassin, Rancor Handler, etc.
Formerly Flurry (SWG), currently Begeren Colony

<Twin Sun Mercenaries>

Cordelia
01.14.2013 , 08:19 PM | #479
Ok havn't writen about this subject before but after reading that MakeB is going to be a planet for SGR I finally feel I have no choice This is an MMO this game isn't a shouting board for being proud to be SGR. I have Gay friends and even they don't feel a Computer game should be used in this way.
It feels like a small minority just love to shove it down our throats about there sexuality and keep on about sexual equality THIS isnt LIFE its an MMO were we are meant to come and relax after a hard days work to enjoy playing a game that you can as a father enjoy with your children.
Why won't you still be able to relax and enjoy the game with your children? BW aren't adding anything offensive or degrading to the game. They are just adding more romance options which happen to include SGR, nothing to get worked up about. Having a few new NPC's to romance is hardly going to ruin anyone's game experience.

Personally I don't follow any of the romance options but I am all for having it in game for those people who like to RP and enjoy the companions storylines. I don't see why you would deprive anyone of content that makes them happy and allows them to enjoy the game more.

Goeegoanna
01.14.2013 , 11:47 PM | #480
Not sure what else I should type here to stay within the rules other than I suggest that other needs be prioritized ahead of SGRs.
I read here many complaints from people expressing their concern about the company "wasting" time on this matter as they feel the playability of the game needs to be attended to ahead of SGRs.

What you don't seem to realise, or simply don't care about, is the fact that, for many players, the game has been incomplete from the start. Not everyone can enjoy the storyline or features that straight people have on offer. Not everyone can flirt with their companions, not everyone can have a companion partner.

Why do you believe everyone should not have the chance to appreciate the full game as you do? How does this affect your game? Are you really of such weak character, that you will go against your own nature and be seduced into a gay relationship? Do you really need a game to tell you how to live your life? Do you, perhaps need to detach yourself somewhat from the game, if you take it so very seriously.....remember it is a game, not YOUR life.

I think it is time that some players take responsibility for their own choices and their own games and stop trying to prevent other adults from choosing to play the game that they feel most comfortable playing, while getting as much enjoyment as everyone else from it.