Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheNahash
01.11.2013 , 01:23 PM | #431
Ah I see.
thought it'd be something like SGRS, as in Stories, but Arcs does sound better.
Thanks

Caelrie
01.11.2013 , 01:27 PM | #432
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
You guys do realize that the developers have probably devoted less time and energy in implementing those few lines of dialogue in those NPCs on Makeb than you have by now, right?

Also, and that's kinda irrelevant, but it's been bugging me for a while so I thought I'd ask.
If SGR stands for Same-Gender Romance, what the hell is that "A" in SGRA?
"Arc". As in story arc.

Altyrell
01.11.2013 , 01:29 PM | #433
What erks me the most is that anyone who had been following this game since the Game was first announced, would have known that Same Gender Romance Arcs were going to be added. Which means that they [BioWare] were going to have to spend money and time, making them. It's been known that that was going have happened since they announced that SGRA's were going to be a Post-Launch Feature. So, why all of a sudden, after knowing that SGRA's were going to be add one day after the Game went live, which obviously meant that they would have to put some actual time into making them, is it a HUGE problem?

Cause I mean, it isn't like they just randomly thought "Hey, we never mentioned to anyone that we will add Options for those that want to romance Characters of the same gender, so let's just randomly pull people from Departments that don't actually have to do with either the Writing or Voice Over Departments and put them onto this random project that will add Same Gender Romances to the game". No, that wasn't how it went down, cause the Player Base knew, ahead of time, that Same Gender Romances were going to be added. So, any Player who had been following the Game since before it went live and can actually think, would know that that means that the Writing and Voice Over Departments will have to spend TIME in the creation of the SGRA's.

And as far as Finite Money & Resources go, does anyone actually think that the time and writing and voice over that SGRA Flirts, would actually take THAT much Money & THAT many Resources from the other stuff that the Writing & Voice Over Departments were doing to begin with?

Pvtcarnage
01.11.2013 , 01:50 PM | #434
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Which is code for "never", because there will always be something about the "main game" that someone finds lacking.
Glad you see it my way.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Caelrie
01.11.2013 , 02:06 PM | #435
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
Glad you see it my way.
Time for you to learn how to share. Sometimes a minority needs to be catered to, too.

Lent_San
01.11.2013 , 02:12 PM | #436
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Time for you to learn how to share. Sometimes a minority needs to be catered to, too.
Except it isn't even a minority. The word just seems to come in handy when people need a reason to argue against the inclusion of SGRs. They have yet to prove that indeed it is a minority that would play the SGR content.

After that is done, we can finally get to the argument that it doesn't even matter whether it's a minority or not, we all deserve the game we want to have.

Caelrie
01.11.2013 , 02:21 PM | #437
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Except it isn't even a minority. The word just seems to come in handy when people need a reason to argue against the inclusion of SGRs. They have yet to prove that indeed it is a minority that would play the SGR content.

After that is done, we can finally get to the argument that it doesn't even matter whether it's a minority or not, we all deserve the game we want to have.
What? Interest in SGRAs has been amply demonstrated in threads such as this. This argument from you makes no sense.

Edit: ohh NM. I think I completely misunderstood. I thought you were saying there was no evidence ANYONE would play these arcs. I was understandably confused by that idea.

DarthZak
01.11.2013 , 03:45 PM | #438
I took a break to cool my head and get back into reasonable discussion but it seems the mods arent in favour of all the posts (cant blame them since its quite flameworthy stuff we've been posting)

In the end its about 1 thing: choice
The game was marketed on choice and SGR's are a part of that choice
If you dont want to make the choice you dont have to just like you dont have to pick DS or LS or have to do Warzones or Ops, thats simply your prerogative in how you play this game.

What we wants is the option we've been promised a very long time ago. So far the PvPers got what they wanted with more warzones, the endgamers got what they wanted with new operations and difficulty and the powerlevelers will get what they want with Makeb.

We all just need to get along and accept that some people want more choice rather than being forced into less choice by some majority. If majority always ruled then the world would look very differently

Thats all Ive got to say about it
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

darhsteel
01.11.2013 , 03:53 PM | #439
please dont focus on SGR,i know its gonna come,but put it on the back burner and focus on warzones,planets,flashpoints,and events!

Revanchis
01.11.2013 , 05:29 PM | #440
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
Glad you see it my way.
It's a good thing Bioware doesn't. Guess you're just going to have to bend.