Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Royox
01.07.2013 , 07:58 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
No not really when you consider Star Wars has always had Romance in it, whether it be in the Movies, the Cartoon Network Series, the Books/Comics. So logically it would have Romances in them in some form.
Just ask on the street to rando people what they prefer in a game..."epic pew pew pew" or "10 sec kisses one single time".

Altyrell
01.07.2013 , 08:00 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
Just ask on the street to rando people what they prefer in a game..."epic pew pew pew" or "10 sec kisses one single time".
I'd think we'd be surprised at the number of people that asked depends on how hot/sexy the person was that they would be kissing. But regardless, the Inclusion of SGR's does NOT take away from the "pew pew pew"

VicSkimmr
01.07.2013 , 08:01 PM | #253
I don't lke the idea of changing current companions "personality"...Doc a man flirting with every woman npc's I talk with wouldn't fit....same for Trisha or Mako who is in love with another BH comp. They wouldn't fit into a SGR withouth LOT of changes. And those changes shouldn't be done.

Add whatever you want to new companions...but don't touch our current ones. We love them the way they are now.
That's not what's happening and that's never going to happen. They've said all along that any SGR companions would be NEW companions, likely obtained the same way HK51 was.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Altyrell
01.07.2013 , 08:01 PM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
SGRA will cater to a minority of the playerbase and offer no measurable growth to the game.
1st you don't know if the Player Base on this is the Minority or not, so please don't go saying that it is.

2nd actually it does add growth to the Game as it opens up more Content. Heck, the Rise of the Hutt Cartel is specifically AIMED at the End Game Players.

Arglaar
01.07.2013 , 08:03 PM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
I am sorry, while there is a vocal minority of the playerbase that values this above the rest a quick glance across these forums demonstrates that the priorities of the majority-vocal playerbase is PVP balance and new story content.
You do realize that, historically, the playerbase found on a games forum usually constitutes a very small percentage of actual players of the game? Most players can't be bothered to log into a forum and post something. What this means, is that EVERYONE on this forum is "A vocal minority". EVERYONE.

Also, the inclusion of SGR Content, would be considered "new story content", but as it's been said, just because that content is there, doesn't mean everyone will use it. I can't stand Warzones, and I never go into them, but I sure would like the opportunity for my Female BH to have Romance options just like my Male Warrior does.

Add whatever you want to new companions...but don't touch our current ones. We love them the way they are now.
You know, you're right! As long as you get get to keep what you already have, nobody else is going to want that same content for their characters. Ever. Yup. Fantastic Idea.

Telaan
01.07.2013 , 08:04 PM | #256
I'd think we'd be surprised at the number of people that asked depends on how hot/sexy the person was that they would be kissing. But regardless, the Inclusion of SGR's does NOT take away from the "pew pew pew"
Any time resources are distributed/redistributed they are take away from something else. You cannot devote time, money, and personnel to developing SGRA without ensuring that those same resources cannot be used in the development of something else.
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3
Quote: Originally Posted by Manweth View Post
PvPers can go to hell.
^ lol

Arglaar
01.07.2013 , 08:05 PM | #257
But some times you have to be logical.

In MY world Pew pew pew stuff >>> Romance Stuff
There ya go. I fixed that for you.

Altyrell
01.07.2013 , 08:06 PM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
Any time resources are distributed/redistributed they are take away from something else. You cannot devote time, money, and personnel to developing SGRA without ensuring that those same resources cannot be used in the development of something else.
Considering we are getting SGRA Flirts as part of a much larger Combat Expansion, yeah a TON of resources were misplaced. Dude come on, they stated that SGRA's were coming SINCE before the Game went Live, Everyone who had been following this Game KNEW that, so why is it SUCH a massive shock that they are FINALLY adding it in?

I'm sorry but you, BBP and a couple of others are seriously making a big deal out of something that was planned on getting added in since the very beginning and are coming off like spending an half hour or however long it took to write & voice everything was SUCH a massive blow to resources and everything that now they have to cancel something so big like the SSSP.

Preemptive = NO I was not saying that the SGRA's would cause the SSSP to be delayed, cancelled, etc NOR was I saying that it should, I was ONLY and I repeat ONLY using it as an example of just how big some of you are blowing things out of proportion

Telaan
01.07.2013 , 08:12 PM | #259
Considering we are getting SGRA Flirts as part of a much larger Combat Expansion, yeah a TON of resources were misplaced. Dude come on, they stated that SGRA's were coming SINCE before the Game went Live, Everyone who had been following this Game KNEW that, so why is it SUCH a massive shock that they are FINALLY adding it in?

I'm sorry but you, BBP and a couple of others are seriously making a big deal out of something that was planned on getting added in since the very beginning and are coming off like spending an half hour or however long it took to write & voice everything was SUCH a massive blow to resources and everything that now they have to cancel something so big like the SSSP.

Preemptive = NO I was not saying that the SGRA's would cause the SSSP to be delayed, cancelled, etc NOR was I saying that it should, I was ONLY and I repeat ONLY using it as an example of just how big some of you are blowing things out of proportion
Many things were said during beta that never came to fruitation. Until the game develops and introduces concepts and mechanics that DO attract new players, SGRA should be indefinitely postponed.
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3
Quote: Originally Posted by Manweth View Post
PvPers can go to hell.
^ lol

Altyrell
01.07.2013 , 08:25 PM | #260
Well, how would you 2 feel if you were referred to as being part of a "small amount of players" or "in the minority" constantly as being a reason as to not add something? I get that you weren't meaning for it to be as such, but when it is constantly thrown around when asked nicely for it to stop.

But regardless, the inclusions of SGRA Flirts and the eventual SGRA Companions will not have taken resources from other things, especially when what most people list saying what things the resources should've been allocated to are of a different departments that have little to nothing to do with SGRA's. Even more so when people say that instead of SGRA's they should focus on PvP, Flash Points, Operations when it seems they failed to realize that PvP will continue to be given stuff for along side SGRA's and has also been confirmed to be a Major Priority in the coming months. Flash Points will likely be included on Makeb and we had just received a couple new Operations &/or Warzones. And on that note, while some people may not realize it, SGRA's does add Content and opens the doors for Future Content