Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Talon_Starfire
01.07.2013 , 07:19 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Of all the things that this game needs, pandering to a tiny fraction of the community is not one of them. Since this is now a suggestion thread, I would suggest:
  • Continuing class stories.
  • Greater guild functionality.
  • SSSP.
How many gay players are there?
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

chuixupu
01.07.2013 , 07:30 PM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
I don't lke the idea of changing current companions "personality"...Doc a man flirting with every woman npc's I talk with wouldn't fit...
Agreed, and they aren't going to do that. That would be, as the writers themselves said in the past, bad writing.

Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
How many gay players are there?
Bioware probably has a good number of LGBT fans, since it's something they have traditionally supported in their games. But gay players aren't the only people who like that content. A lot of us straight people actually like the idea of having more romance options for our characters, and like the idea of making a character LGBT for RPG fun. Most straight gamers I know personally totally support it, even if it's just that stereotypical dude who likes lesbians.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Royox
01.07.2013 , 07:36 PM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
No cause no one actually knows the exact number of Players who will play either of those.
You can't be serious. I thought you were someone we could speak to about this topic....I gess not.

So....PEW PEW PEW space battles vs "kissing options" and you say me this "no one actually knows the exact number of players"..........

Altyrell
01.07.2013 , 07:38 PM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
I've been saying this through multiple threads. The issue I have with SGRA has nothing to do with societal, moral, or political ideologies; it has everything to do with SGRA being a very poor use of finite resources.

The existing romance arcs are shallow at best. The have no impact on your character's overall story. The relationships developed with your companions are no where near akin to Anakin and Padme. Once played through they cannot be replayed unless you roll a new toon. It will not help this game grow in any measurable way and it caters to a very small, but vocal, minority.

When mentioned in fleet chat, most players are baffled that BW would waste time and resources on such a thing when so many other glaring mechanics are missing. Most people couldn't care less about SGRA in general, but, again, do care that the game lacks optimization and many mechanics. There isn't a single undeveloped mechanic or missing feature that should be placed on the back burner or shelved, even temporarily, for romance arcs of any kind.

Ultimately BW should've never introduced romance arcs. They've opened an issue that has no way of being resolved with both sides being happy. However, people interested in SGR are able to roleplay it with other players and/or have same gender spouses via legacy.

This is a Star Wars MMO not a romance simulator.
And yet, it is a BioWare MMO, so you know, it was kind of expected considering the majority of BioWare Games have had, you know, Romances in them, including SGR's

Altyrell
01.07.2013 , 07:42 PM | #245
You can't be serious. I thought you were someone we could speak to about this topic....I gess not.
Ah, but unlike TheBBP and a couple of other peoples, I won't say my thoughts on the number of Players who will use SGRA's for no other reason but because I wouldn't be able to back up the number that I gave. Which is something that TheBBP refuses to provide when asked to, even asked respectively to stop saying that it is a "small amount" when he has no actual knowledge or anything

Telaan
01.07.2013 , 07:46 PM | #246
And yet, it is a BioWare MMO, so you know, it was kind of expected considering the majority of BioWare Games have had, you know, Romances in them, including SGR's
Which is fine for a single player BW game. This is a MMO, with a different set of expectations that come with the territory. Many of those basic expectations have not been. Many of those expectations are required (hence expected) to make a MMO competitive in a market that has become over saturated.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

Altyrell
01.07.2013 , 07:49 PM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
Which is fine for a single player BW game. This is a MMO, with a different set of expectations that come with the territory. Many of those basic expectations have not been. Many of those expectations are required (hence expected) to make a MMO competitive in a market that has become over saturated.
And yet it is the in-depth storyline, voice overs, companion romances & romances in general, that separate it from being just another MMO like almost every MMO have become or called just another "WoW Clone".

Royox
01.07.2013 , 07:52 PM | #248
Ah, but unlike TheBBP and a couple of other peoples, I won't say my thoughts on the number of Players who will use SGRA's for no other reason but because I wouldn't be able to back up the number that I gave. Which is something that TheBBP refuses to provide when asked to, even asked respectively to stop saying that it is a "small amount" when he has no actual knowledge or anything
But some times you have to be logical.

In this world Pew pew pew stuff >>> Romance Stuff

Altyrell
01.07.2013 , 07:53 PM | #249
But some times you have to be logical.

In this world Pew pew pew stuff >>> Romance Stuff
No not really when you consider Star Wars has always had Romance in it, whether it be in the Movies, the Cartoon Network Series, the Books/Comics. So logically it would have Romances in them in some form.

Telaan
01.07.2013 , 07:55 PM | #250
And yet it is the in-depth storyline, voice overs, companion romances & romances in general, that separate it from being just another MMO like almost every MMO have become or called just another "WoW Clone".
While this is technically true, in NO way would this be a unique feature that is going to result in the growth of this game. Endgame content, an optimized engine, mini games, and balanced gameplay are just a few of the things that attract players. SGRA will cater to a minority of the playerbase and offer no measurable growth to the game.

As I said above, I am not opposed to the idea of SGRA in general. However, I am opposed to it while many basic features are missing and we ARE losing players due to a lack of enough endgame pve content among many other mechanics.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3