Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

QwibQwib
01.05.2013 , 11:19 AM | #141
The make-up of players makes no difference. Part of the reason I enjoy BioWare so much is that they have a history of putting in SGRs. It's nothing big from a gameplay perspective, but from an immersion perspective? It helps make the game seem more real, and it adds to the world inside the game. It makes the characters have more flavor to them, and makes interactions more meaningful. It's good storytelling. The companions are a large part of why I enjoy SWTOR. It's something, that to my knowledge, no other MMO has.
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"

ebado
01.05.2013 , 11:32 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
Last I checked Swoop races and Pazaak were too and those are more important stuff for the game than the "flirt options".
To who? Everybody, or what your perceive as effectively "everybody"?

Anglvamp
01.05.2013 , 11:40 AM | #143
Let's take Pazaak as an example. Does it come before Bug fixes, PVP warzones, more FP's and the other things you thing should come before SGRs?

How long would you be willing to wait for it to be added. How long should you have to wait for it to be added.

How much would you pay for it to be added? How much do you think you should pay for it to be added?
NO one said SGR content should be at the top of the priority list, but eventually you have to get to the bottom of the list

MajikMyst
01.05.2013 , 11:53 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglvamp View Post
Let's take Pazaak as an example. Does it come before Bug fixes, PVP warzones, more FP's and the other things you thing should come before SGRs?

How long would you be willing to wait for it to be added. How long should you have to wait for it to be added.

How much would you pay for it to be added? How much do you think you should pay for it to be added?
If it were me, the order or priority would be this..

Optimizations and Bugs
New features, Guild Calander, functionality updates, Ready check..
PVP Arena and Dueling area on fleet stations..
New Warzones, New Flashpoints, New Ops..
Events, Reaccuring events, Holiday events..
Pazzak, Games, Swoop races, Gambling, Womprat hunting contest, Carnivals..
Specialty requests, SGR, Furnished ships, Guild Capital ships...

While that is the order I would put things in.. That doesn't mean the stuff at the bottom are never got to.. Right now I feel the top two are the most important.. There are some seriousl bugs that need fixing and stuff needs to be added.. The middle 4 for the most part are interchangeable as priority goes.. I am not sure we need a new Op right now and we just got a Warzone.. I would love to see some work on Pazzak and some other things.. Especially the events.. We are desperate for something else to do..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

ebado
01.05.2013 , 11:53 AM | #145
Since I know and respect the the OP (spoken with him in vent, used to be part of the same community), I'll make a list of quick hits and get out of this thread.

-Everything added to this game to this point does not please everybody. We don't all like warzones. Or flashpoints. Or companions. Or space. Or minigames. Or events. Or dailies. Or crafting. Or anything. To say "Oh man, this minigame is something EVERYBODY will like" is ignorant and you should be above that. People like different things. I learned this before I could write.

-Development and bug fixing are separate teams in most software development companies, particularly when it comes to games like TOR. To assume that TOR is different despite evidence to the contrary is odd.

-Removing a gender check on flirts likely took less time than it did for me to write this post.

I'm a straight male. I have 8 characters in this game. Six are straight males. One is a straight female. The last one is a female who didn't romance any of her companions (because Vector is terrible). Ciao.

MajikMyst
01.05.2013 , 12:11 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by ebado View Post
Everything added to this game to this point does not please everybody. We don't all like warzones. Or flashpoints. Or companions. Or space. Or minigames. Or events. Or dailies. Or crafting. Or anything. To say "Oh man, this minigame is something EVERYBODY will like" is ignorant and you should be above that. People like different things. I learned this before I could write.
Sigh-

I am not really sure where to start.. The point people are making is valid and indesputable.. It is called doing something for the greater good.. A concept that I am sure you understand.. So the statement above is largely irrelevent.. Yes, people like different things.. You are right.. That doesn't change the point people are making.. People like different things, but a large marjority of them don't put SGR at the top of the list of things that need to be addressed right now.. Ok so some SGR features are being added with Makeb.. Good for you all.. Happy days at last.. Now can we fix some of the bugs?? Can I finally invite someone to group our of the guild list?? Can I finally inspect someone??
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Cailahan
01.05.2013 , 12:13 PM | #147
I honestly don't see why people are making a big deal about this. All they are doing is adding an option to characters that are already being voiced for Makeb anyway. Are people really that angry that they took the time to record a few extra lines of dialogue (that they were recording anyway) and taking the time to add a (Flirt) option to the dialogue wheel?

REALLY?

gabusan
01.05.2013 , 01:21 PM | #148
I wanted to be able to romance my companion without having to get a spaceship first. A very simple issue to fix. But somehow the SGR was more important issue for developers.

I love how minimalistic this thread's redaction had to be to avoid getting deleted.

DarthRamette
01.05.2013 , 01:25 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Cailahan View Post
I honestly don't see why people are making a big deal about this. All they are doing is adding an option to characters that are already being voiced for Makeb anyway. Are people really that angry that they took the time to record a few extra lines of dialogue (that they were recording anyway) and taking the time to add a (Flirt) option to the dialogue wheel?

REALLY?
For Makeb, they are going to make SGR companions at some point and thus spend time and money for them which is much more intensive in time, money, coding, personnel ect.

utio
01.05.2013 , 01:40 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
For Makeb, they are going to make SGR companions at some point and thus spend time and money for them which is much more intensive in time, money, coding, personnel ect.
And they will also add hood toggles at some point, new space at some point, new ops, new story, new pets, new warzones, new this and new that. Things take time, not everyone gets their number 1 priority first. Sgr with companions is a long way off, so it seems. I'm betting we get alot more other stuff before they give us sgr companions.
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE