Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MajikMyst
01.05.2013 , 09:18 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I don't think the people who are working on SGR are the same who would do a barbershop or dual spec feature. So, that argument is moot.
I wouldn't say the arguement is moot.. I think many of the same people would be used.. But the point remains.. SGR just isn't important to a wide portion of the community.. I mean, all your asking for is maybe 2 or 3 conversations with a companion... A couple of fade to black scenes and that is it.. There really isn't much to talk about.. Romancing your companions really isn't this big thing.. There is no wedding.. There is no honeymoon.. There is no long term romance..

Please understand.. I am not against SGR.. I just feel there are a lot of things that need to be done first for all of us.. Before they start working on special things for a specific part of the community..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Royox
01.05.2013 , 09:53 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I don't think the people who are working on SGR are the same who would do a barbershop or dual spec feature. So, that argument is moot.
So? Those people should be working into something IMPORTANT for the game.

utio
01.05.2013 , 10:17 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
These are the sorts of things that I am talking about. There are many other things that should have taken precedence that would affect the majority of the players rather than something that effects so few people.
The problem with this way of thinking is that you could potentially never see something added. When do you stop and say, ok let's add some stuff that I don't want, but other players do. You're also making the assumption that a very small amount of players will benefit, and the truth is that nobody knows how many will benefit. I could just as easily say most players will benefit.
The other thing about the precedance argument is that people are assuming that bioware have stopped working on the other things, which of course, they have not. The ONLY sgr content coming with makeb is npc flirts. Is that really a huge amount of work that bioware has undertaken? In reality, no.
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE

aeterno
01.05.2013 , 10:17 AM | #134
Can we not recognize that what is important and what is not is subjective?

utio
01.05.2013 , 10:20 AM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
So? Those people should be working into something IMPORTANT for the game.
Important to you of course. There are players out there that have a different set of priorities than you. Not everyone gets what they want, when they want. The pro sgr players have been thrown a small bone, after a year of waiting.

Also, the pro sgr players also want bug fixes, also want hood toggle, speech bubbles, more story, etc. it's not like they say, we want sgr, everything else can wait.
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE

Fyuria
01.05.2013 , 10:26 AM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by utio View Post
Also, the pro sgr players also want bug fixes, also want hood toggle, speech bubbles, more story, etc. it's not like they say, we want sgr, everything else can wait.
Exactly. Bug fixes, mini games, and all the other wonderful things are wanted in the game as well.

QwibQwib
01.05.2013 , 10:29 AM | #137
To all those people saying we need more warzones, gear, bug fixes, new companions, more story content, etc. before they work on SGRs, take a look at what they've already done. They've already put in more warzones, ops, gear, bug fixes, and companions. And as for story content, SGRs are coming as a part of new story. And it's not even full fledged SGR, just a few flirts they put in that weren't any more time consuming to make than the OGR flirts they're putting in with them. They'll be working on actual SGR for the next coming months, meanwhile, I'm sure you'll be getting more warzones, gear, bugfixes, etc. until then.
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"

MajikMyst
01.05.2013 , 10:35 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by utio View Post
The problem with this way of thinking is that you could potentially never see something added. When do you stop and say, ok let's add some stuff that I don't want, but other players do. .
When the game is a bit over a year old and not still battling bugs and a lack of functionality.. I'm sorry.. You are not going to fix a car and get into driving condition by buying a scent tree for the rear view mirror.. Just saying..

We still don't have guild calanders.. We still don't have anything to do in the game.. If you aren't running an op or battling it out in one of 5 warzones, which gets boring in about an hour.. What are you doing?? Running around in circles on the fleet doing your crew skills?? Doing dailies?? Running space missions?? Looking up misc. crap on the GTN for the 100th time??

That is what you are missing.. We are missing some fundemental things that the game needs... SGR not being one of them.. We need things to do.. To be honest, I wouldn't be in a position to talk about SGR until this game is at least 2 or 3 years old.. It all depends on how quickly they can get some fundamental things added..

Guild calander..
Gambling at Nar Shaddaa
Womprat hunting contest on Tatooine
Traveling carnival that goes to imperial and republic, that has quests and cool things to do..
Faction reputaion
Reaccuring events that happen every single month, so we always have something to do..

Those things..

MajikMyst
01.05.2013 , 10:45 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by QwibQwib View Post
To all those people saying we need more warzones, gear, bug fixes, new companions, more story content, etc. before they work on SGRs, take a look at what they've already done. They've already put in more warzones, ops, gear, bug fixes, and companions. And as for story content, SGRs are coming as a part of new story. And it's not even full fledged SGR, just a few flirts they put in that weren't any more time consuming to make than the OGR flirts they're putting in with them. They'll be working on actual SGR for the next coming months, meanwhile, I'm sure you'll be getting more warzones, gear, bugfixes, etc. until then.
Thus the post that says SGR is more important and everyone else should just wait..

Sorry.. There are a lot of things that need to be fixed first.. Things that will help the entire community and not just a small portion of it.. Why are you so excited to flirt with a pixilated companion?? I mean there is no wedding.. No honeymoon.. Maybe 2 kissing scenes.. Oh joygasm.. Pixilated characters kissing.. You will see better on television.. One or two fade to black.. Ok.. Close your eyes for about 5 seconds.. There you go.. You just had a fade to black.. Cause once your companion is max level, they ain't talking to you again.. Seriously?? You want that over guild calanders??

Look.. This game is just over a year old.. Let them fix the game for all.. Ok?? There is still a lot that needs to be added and fixed.. SGR is just for you.. What we want is for all..

QwibQwib
01.05.2013 , 11:05 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Thus the post that says SGR is more important and everyone else should just wait..
(snip)
Look.. This game is just over a year old.. Let them fix the game for all.. Ok?? There is still a lot that needs to be added and fixed.. SGR is just for you.. What we want is for all..
I'm not saying that everything should wait, in fact I'm saying the opposite. Things are going to come out at the same rate regardless of SGR. We've been getting warzones, ops, companions, gear, space missions, and bug fixes for a whole year now. To say that "we need other stuff before SGRs" is ludicrous, because you've already been getting other stuff. If they do make an OGR flirt for Makeb(which they will), it doesn't take any more time to make it gender neutral, or barely any more time to make an SGR flirt. And, I would imagine that the time it takes to add in a [Flirt] is far less than what it takes to add in a new Flashpoint, Warzone, or most any other kind of content (which have been coming and will not cease to continue coming). Really, all it is is another dialogue tree. Not that hard, considering how much dialogue they've managed to fit in the game already.

And as for bug fixes? Really? Bug fixes come out EVERY. SINGLE. PATCH. They will continue to come out EVERY. SINGLE. PATCH. as long as the game has a development staff. I still can't believe people use that argument.
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"