Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are sith warriors like jedi Knight?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Are sith warriors like jedi Knight?

tausser
01.03.2013 , 09:58 AM | #11
You do know you can play as Dark or Light on any class, Imp or Pub?

All my Imps are Light Siders.
It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

MillionsKNives
01.03.2013 , 10:10 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by sstanks View Post
yes it is. You said that those items are not attainable in game. he just proved you wrong by shwoing you can get them in game with out spending real money.
Someone had to though. It can still only be acquired by having money put into the Cash Shop.

Capt_Beers
01.03.2013 , 10:24 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sleprock View Post
Do not be fooled by this site's videos of both classes though. 90% of what you see them wearing is not attainable in game, Jedi get no robes with hood's down unless you buy into their insulting cartel market.
Aspiring Knight's Robe

Craftable hood down robe.
<Super Bads> - POT5 - <WE ARE FARMERS>
Keith-Stone 55 Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration

veyl
01.03.2013 , 10:36 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Aspiring Knight's Robe

That's not really a robe at all.

Sidenote: The Knight storyline and animations are far superior. ( IMO, of course.)

SnoggyMack
01.03.2013 , 10:47 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Viikuna View Post

Shadow = Assassin
Sage = Sorcerer
Vanguard = Powertech
Commando = Mercenary
Scoundrel = Operative
Gunslinger = Sniper
Guardian = Juggernaut
Sentinel = Marauder
Commando and Mercenaries have key differences that people are still complaining about to this day in terms of ability activations and the like.

And I thought Gunslingers dual wield, while Snipers do not?
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

lokdron
01.03.2013 , 10:53 AM | #16
As most people said in this topic they are mirror classes.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Capt_Beers
01.03.2013 , 11:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SnoggyMack View Post
Commando and Mercenaries have key differences that people are still complaining about to this day in terms of ability activations and the like.

And I thought Gunslingers dual wield, while Snipers do not?
what differences between Commandos and Mercs are you referring to? I haven't noticed any recently.

Gunslingers do dual wield but they are the mirror to Snipers, just as Mercs dual wield and Commandos don't . some people claim that this is an advantage to Gunslingers as Leg Shot has 2 chances to land for them as opposed to one for Snipers but I doubt it plays a huge part.
<Super Bads> - POT5 - <WE ARE FARMERS>
Keith-Stone 55 Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration

Monoth
01.03.2013 , 11:21 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by sstanks View Post
yes it is. You said that those items are not attainable in game. he just proved you wrong by shwoing you can get them in game with out spending real money.
I've only seen a couple on the GTN and they cost 2 million +, so yeah technically you can buy them in game, but in reality only a few people can afford them. Also considering all they did was take the Jedi Legacy Armor, recolor it and put the hood down it's kind of an insult they charge $15 for it in the cash shop..

But as long as people are willing to throw their money away nothing is going to change.... I expect will continue to get ugly armor for new Operations and PvP while the cool stuff will continue to be released on the cash shop...
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Monoth
01.03.2013 , 11:23 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Aspiring Knight's Robe

That's a shirt with a hoodie, it's not a robe...
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

errant_knight
01.03.2013 , 11:33 AM | #20
Enough with the clothes! That has nothing to do with the ops question and there are a plethora of threads to complain in.

Not only do the knight and warrior mirror each other--and provide equal opportunities to be light, dark, or somewhere in between, but those two stories are perhaps the most important in the game in terms of game world lore. All the stories have something to add to that, but the knight and warrior are particularly important. I really advise playing both.