Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'd like to see more info on this 'expac' before preordering!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I'd like to see more info on this 'expac' before preordering!

StrangeDais
01.03.2013 , 10:56 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
It's ten fricking bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go away!!!!!
Huzzah for ignorant gamers. EA love you long time.

Insaner-Robot
01.03.2013 , 10:57 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'm REALLY curious...how many people complaining about the $10 charge have bought Cartel Coins? I'd LOVE to see some info on that.

$10 for a 'mini' expansion is very fair imo...more fair than a set of armor for $12 or a random card pack for $3.60.
This thread isn't about (or at least didn't start) complaining about paying for the DLC.
It's about the lack of information surrounding a product people are being offered. The armour, the card pack and the coins all have the benefit of potential buyers being 100% aware of what they're spending their money on.

Which is the real problem with this, you don't really know what you've paid for at this point. That's why people aee debating (arguing) it's potential value to players under level 50, right now even that isn't known.
I stand with two thousand years of darkness and bafflement and hunger behind me, my kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jeers for your internet assembled philosophy!
C.E. OWNER

TUXs
01.03.2013 , 11:02 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Insaner-Robot View Post
This thread isn't about (or at least didn't start) complaining about paying for the DLC.
It's about the lack of information surrounding a product people are being offered. The armour, the card pack and the coins all have the benefit of potential buyers being 100% aware of what they're spending their money on.

Which is the real problem with this, you don't really know what you've paid for at this point. That's why people aee debating (arguing) it's potential value to players under level 50, right now even that isn't known.
Don't misunderstand me...

I agree. The lack of information and secrecy about EVERYTHING from Bioware...honestly, it's just **edit**ing stupid. This is a video game, not some super secret nuclear lab.

However, from what we DO know, I feel it's a worthy $10 gamble...FAR better than any RNG loot packs could ever be, and worth 10x's as much as any armor set to me.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

tands
01.03.2013 , 11:07 AM | #24
That is a good point buying cc to buy the gambling packs, as your not really entirely sure what your getting. Although I do not have an issue spedning $10 on the DLC. I personally would like to have more information about what it contains, as I know of for sure by ordering before the dealine.
a) Level Cap Increase to 55
b) 5 days early access
c) faction storylines with an option at the end to join the Hutt or stay aligned with your faction
d) SGR

I'm curious what else is comming, I would like to see some mini games added, which seems to have consensus on the boards, but since nothing has been said no one really knows what is included.

I would like to buy it, but would prefer more detailed information ( if possioble) other than a high level overview of what's in it. The early deadline and lack of information may prevent me from pre ordering, also the fact of the late relase as spring runs from end of March to near end of June. And as other have pointed out there is the potential for bug fixes/ unexpected maintenance that could cut down the early access play time.

**Edit**
Speaking of bus fixes the Crash to Desktop/Memory Leak that has persisted since 1.4 is also causing me some grief and has lessened my play time since I finished the 8th class story line, it would be nice if we could get more information on those fixes as well.

tands
01.03.2013 , 11:08 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Don't misunderstand me...

I agree. The lack of information and secrecy about EVERYTHING from Bioware...honestly, it's just **edit**ing stupid. This is a video game, not some super secret nuclear lab.

However, from what we DO know, I feel it's a worthy $10 gamble...FAR better than any RNG loot packs could ever be, and worth 10x's as much as any armor set to me.
Good point.

Petnil
01.03.2013 , 11:19 AM | #26
The thing is, and iīm probably not alone here. I wouldnīt pay 1$ for anything in the cartel market. If i want a certain look iīll grind it in some low level FP. I was waiting for something worth while to enter the CM. probably would have gotten sector X for CC without even objecting. Itīs free CC so basicly anything you can buy with your monthly CC could be considered free content, as long as itīs account based.

Now i got this load of CC and EAware release some DLC. Then they decide to let it be purchased for cash only. They could have said for cash itīs 10$ if you want to use CC youīll have to pay a premium. Then itīs the same price as F2P and you will have to pay 20$worth of CC. Then the people who use CM would use cash on this DLC because itīs cheaper, and those of us who dont buy into this load of recolored armors and other bs in CM could use our CC on this DLC. They could even add that for early acces itīs cash only. I bet the forum qq would be less then. I wouldnīt qq as much and i know iīm only one voice, but itīs still less.

fungihoujo
01.03.2013 , 11:19 AM | #27
It costs a quarter (or less) than what a big expansion for any other mmo would cost- to me, it looks like it's at least a quarter of the content.

Most xpacs include 6-8 new zones, 5-10 new levels, 6-8 new FPs, 1-4 new WZs, 1 or maybe 2 new operations.

So, if this includes the equivilant of 2 new zones (we've heard it's the size of Belsavis, which is definitely a large planet- so I'll say check to that). 5 new levels (check). Sadly we haven't heard anything about the last three yet- but I don't think it's hard to assume with a higher level cap they'll put out some higher level pve content.

For pvp... frankly I'd be happy if they finally balanced the classes over putting in a new WZ- that alone would make this xpac well worth it.

Now, that's looking at the xpac by content compared to other mmos- so in that case, ya, I'd say 10 bucks is worth it.

We can also look at it by 'do you enjoy this game and want to see more content?' and 'would you get 10 bucks worth of playtime out of this'.

I dunno about you- but I can't see a movie for ten bucks, and the average 60 dollar FPS game takes all of four hours to beat (unless it's a call of duty game, then it takes under 2 hours). Ten dollars is going to get me a meal at McDonald's, or a week's worth of milk and bread.

If you honestly feel you'll get less than 10 dollars of entertainment from this xpac- chances are you don't like playing this game anyway and should probably move on.

Fyuria
01.03.2013 , 11:23 AM | #28
I still haven't bought Makeb, because I am waiting to learn more about it, the price is irrelevant.

kamed
01.03.2013 , 11:23 AM | #29
Agreed, I want to see a video of what we are pre-ordering, so that it will put people at ease. I know its definitely a risk, but I think gonna be worth $10.

Thoffs
01.03.2013 , 11:31 AM | #30
It is not about the $10. It would be nice to know for SURE if there will be a new FP or new OP in the "expansion", and if there will be ANY new higher level armor available. If they want to entice more people to preorder, then giving out more details like this seems to be a no-brainer.