Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'd like to see more info on this 'expac' before preordering!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I'd like to see more info on this 'expac' before preordering!

Jacen_Starsolo
01.03.2013 , 09:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorJest View Post
What I want to know is there any point to my ordering this now when I've just recently started playing and am no where near 50, and probably won't be any time soon? Is all the content added above level 50? Is there any point to the expansion for new players?
Don't buy it until 50. If you do, you will have to wait to see anything from it.

jibboo
01.03.2013 , 09:31 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
Don't buy it until 50. If you do, you will have to wait to see anything from it.
But we don't know that for sure, that's the point.
Zimbra - Assassin

Jacen_Starsolo
01.03.2013 , 09:39 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post
And what do you have to dispute that RotHC is anything sub-50? Everything they put forth is 50+. So yes, we can draw that conclusion.

Jacen_Starsolo
01.03.2013 , 09:40 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Fenshire View Post
It's going to be the most FABULOUS expansion ever!
Clever.

Insaner-Robot
01.03.2013 , 09:57 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
It's ten fricking bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go away!!!!!
So, the relatively inexpensive nature of this 'expansion' means nobody should expect to actually be told what they're spending their money on?

I thoroughly agree with the desire for more information. I have pre-ordered (5.00 for the UK incidentally), but the lack of information left a very bitter taste in my mouth.
I stand with two thousand years of darkness and bafflement and hunger behind me, my kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jeers for your internet assembled philosophy!
C.E. OWNER

jibboo
01.03.2013 , 10:02 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
And what do you have to dispute that RotHC is anything sub-50? Everything they put forth is 50+. So yes, we can draw that conclusion.
I must have missed the part where they said "there will definitely be nothing in this expansion pack for anyone under level 50."

Until they come out with a definitive list of what's included in this "expansion pack" no one but Bioware knows anything for certain.

Not sure why you want to argue this, unless you work for Bioware and know exactly what it's going to include.
Zimbra - Assassin

Goretzu
01.03.2013 , 10:06 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post
I think it's safe to say anyone below L40 (and arguably L50) isn't really going to get anything out of Makeb (at least as things stand).
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

asbalana
01.03.2013 , 10:30 AM | #18
My wife and I will not preorder.

There are a few reasons and none have to do with the price. The five day head start on what seems to be a few days of content does not move us. Considering the patch history, Makeb may not actually be up and well running during the head start (bugs everywhere breaking everything and crashes and disconnects will likely be the fare.) As far as more info, that sounds good and reasonable, but can anyone who has played this game for any length of time believe what we are told? I have the image of the pre order people being linearly herded into a small player packed area that has three clickable boxes on a long respawn timer, while six boxes are needed with everyone milling around until the mad rush when a respawn happens.

We will wait and see and let the patch (oops - expansion) launch happen and look at the feedback. We think that it is probably worth not being in the first wave and let everyone clear out so that we have a shot at the content. I do think that if we are still playing when the patch launches, we will probably buy it.

DigitalDreamz
01.03.2013 , 10:35 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
It's ten fricking bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go away!!!!!
Yes I agree. Sportiva you need to go away.

TUXs
01.03.2013 , 10:43 AM | #20
I'm REALLY curious...how many people complaining about the $10 charge have bought Cartel Coins? I'd LOVE to see some info on that.

$10 for a 'mini' expansion is very fair imo...more fair than a set of armor for $12 or a random card pack for $3.60.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.