Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'd like to see more info on this 'expac' before preordering!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I'd like to see more info on this 'expac' before preordering!

Pubsam
01.03.2013 , 07:12 AM | #1
First, I am totally willing to pay money for an expansion for a game I am already subscribing to. I did it three times for WoW, and that was with no discount or prepay perks! But with each WoW expac I bought, I had a LOT of info on the content in order to make the decision to purchase. And with the case of the latest WoW expac, I was able to make a very early decision that I probably wouldn't like it, and did not buy. This information matters!

I realize that we are far from the expac's actual launch, but we are nearing on this preorder deadline to get in 5 days early. I play with a nice guild (who are probably the only reason I'm not F2P), and I know many of them have preordered so I'd like to be able to make an informed decision and be able to join them in the headstart!

At the end of the day I'll probably just plop down my $10, but it's also the principle of the thing. It feels like BW is putting pressure on their most loyal players (those who'd be interested in head start) to just assume this content is worth it and purchase early before any REAL info is released. I can't remember the last time I put down money to purchase a game I knew so little about. In fact it probably hasn't happened - am I just fastidious or what?

Here are 2 examples of some info that I'd like to hear more about and could help me reach a decision, or at least reassure me that I'm not wasting my money. I know the expac is not near release but this stuff is pretty general:

-Each class is getting 1 new ability. I'm sure these are not done but why not share some of the concepts with us? If I were to learn my Powertech tank is getting a new CD I might get excited. If he's getting a CC I'd be slightly less excited. Aside from this one ability, will everything be just business as usual for your class?

-What is happening to PVE endgame? Will there be a whole new tier of FPs and Operations, and the old ones will become relics a la WoW? Will the old ones just be retuned for level 55? Will there be ANY new FPs or Operations? Perhaps some low level FPs finally getting a HM version? If there is no new content, is more endgame PVE at least being worked on for a subsequent post-expac patch?
I realize there was a VAGUE promise that new content will eventually come in the latest State of the Game, but is a vague TIMEFRAME too much to ask? Namely when I reach 55 will I be (a) enjoying a new operation? or (b) raiding old content bumped up and waiting on an operation (i) one patch away or (ii) so early in development they can't tell me when?

As it is now I'm purchasing the ability to gain 5 more levels, experience one new planet, and then do... who knows? 4 days!
Time for a nap.

kirorx
01.03.2013 , 07:44 AM | #2
Personally I already because...well who am i kidding, i am going to pay for it regardless of the content.

That being said, they really do need to show more and be more specific.

We all know that the storyline expansion will be imp/rep specific rather than class specific but they dont actually say that still. They need to chill with crypic junk and just tell us what is coming down the line so people know what they are paying for.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

jibboo
01.03.2013 , 07:49 AM | #3
This is a pretty reasonable request, and should be addressed by Bioware.
Zimbra - Assassin

Arlon_Nabarlly
01.03.2013 , 07:53 AM | #4
I agree with the post. I already pre-ordered because I know I'm going to still be playing in the spring and want the extra days, but it is kinda dirty to put such an early pre-order deadline for the bonus with so few details around what's included in the expansion.

Kalfear
01.03.2013 , 07:59 AM | #5
Im with you Pub

Im not getting the content update by the deadline with out much more info on whats involved in it.

Course part of that is I did the 6 month sub at launch and regreted it so now I only do the month to month.
Yeah I pay more in long run but I have the freedom to STOP and not have a open account to draw me back in, when it comes to that (no longer think it will be a "IF it comes to that" sadly).

So not sure if ill be here in spring and pre ordering now feels like to much of a commitment (even if only $10.00).

Besides, 5 days isnt anything
Worst case senario I run dailies for 5 days and then come in after.

But yeah, if they gave us info on whats in the Content Update
I might just pre order
and
I might just stop calling it a content update

heh
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

Sportiva
01.03.2013 , 07:59 AM | #6
It's ten fricking bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go away!!!!!
Master Jaice Jenod Guardian | Velo Jenx Gunslinger | Master Gira Jenx Sage | Major Jaxen Jenod Vanguard
Saena Jenod Mercenary | Dulymus Jenod Operative | Darth Scoura Assassin | Darth Zetara Marauder

darthgroond
01.03.2013 , 08:07 AM | #7
I've already pre-ordered because, well, you know, 'a fool and his money' etc... but what you are asking for is more than reasonable. I hope for those who are also in the same position as yourself that Bioware/EA gives you the answers that you are looking for sooner rather than later. Some actual information beyond 'soon' would be good.
Rest in peace little pixel. Your memory will live on.
-- The Pixel Legacy (The Red Eclipse EU) --

''A Sith craves adventure and excitement.'' - Firrez Pixel

Fenshire
01.03.2013 , 08:24 AM | #8
It's going to be the most FABULOUS expansion ever!
The Trust
The Department of Energy
| Explorer: 67% | Socializer: 67% | Killer: 53% | Achiever: 13% |
Take two kolto packs and call me in the morning!

Arlon_Nabarlly
01.03.2013 , 08:25 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Fenshire View Post
It's going to be the most FABULOUS expansion ever!
lol, icwutudidther

DoctorJest
01.03.2013 , 09:28 AM | #10
What I want to know is there any point to my ordering this now when I've just recently started playing and am no where near 50, and probably won't be any time soon? Is all the content added above level 50? Is there any point to the expansion for new players?