Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

++ Who Designed Huttball? Please Hire Them To Create Another Warzone.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
++ Who Designed Huttball? Please Hire Them To Create Another Warzone.

DkSharktooth
01.03.2013 , 01:23 AM | #1
Yes, we are aware that you gave us the same 3 rehatched turret capture warzones with different names. Please try to design more creative warzones like huttball. We are tired of the turret captures, they are a one level boring flat playing field. Cap the turret, defend it, and that's pretty much it. I do appreciate the new warzone and the "explosion" feature, but it's not cutting it for my type of crowd. I would like to give my unsubscribed guildies a reason to come back to swtor, please deliver something that can help me help you. So whoever designed huttball, please hire them to make a few more cool warzone maps.

If you like huttball, rate this thread 5 stars (bottom right of the page).

Thanks,
Happy New Years

Smashbrother
01.03.2013 , 01:56 AM | #2
We don't even need new warzone types that are creative, just more huttball maps.

Prettyevilish
01.03.2013 , 02:14 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
Yes, we are aware that you gave us the same 3 rehatched turret capture warzones with different names. Please try to design more creative warzones like huttball. We are tired of the turret captures, they are a one level boring flat playing field. Cap the turret, defend it, and that's pretty much it. I do appreciate the new warzone and the "explosion" feature, but it's not cutting it for my type of crowd. I would like to give my unsubscribed guildies a reason to come back to swtor, please deliver something that can help me help you. So whoever designed huttball, please hire them to make a few more cool warzone maps.

Thanks,
Happy New Years
Whoever designed huttball, please break his legs and fire him. Whoever designed Alderaan, please make more. That is my favorite warzone and most of the people I have PVP'd with enjoy it as well. Huttball is, almost universally, despised, because more often than not you'll face a premade who are put together solely to dominate at Huttball and that will be the end of the story.

Now, if what you're talking about is just the map itself, not the idea of trying to get a PuG team to coordinate for a sport, then yeah, the map is cool and it would make for an awesome death match arena.

And huttball wouldn't be nearly so awful if it was its own separate queue - like a sports queue instead of just generic PVP - and there were multiple huttball maps you could randomly roll into.

Loladarulz
01.03.2013 , 02:21 AM | #4
Huitball IS great! And fun. Need moar Huttball. Ty

Fornix
01.03.2013 , 03:27 AM | #5
Huttball is just an adaptation to the FragBall mod for UT which was quite popular back in the day, truly there is nothing creative in it. It's just ripped-off.

And Huttball isn't the only adaptation truly. Voidstar is a mere assault style map. And the maps with control points are simple domination styled maps.

The only things missing are CTF and last man standing to have the UT modes complete, beyond the obvious DM and TDM.
Member of <Helix>

Aricin
01.03.2013 , 03:33 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
Whoever designed huttball, please break his legs and fire him. Whoever designed Alderaan, please make more. That is my favorite warzone and most of the people I have PVP'd with enjoy it as well. Huttball is, almost universally, despised, because more often than not you'll face a premade who are put together solely to dominate at Huttball and that will be the end of the story.

Now, if what you're talking about is just the map itself, not the idea of trying to get a PuG team to coordinate for a sport, then yeah, the map is cool and it would make for an awesome death match arena.

And huttball wouldn't be nearly so awful if it was its own separate queue - like a sports queue instead of just generic PVP - and there were multiple huttball maps you could randomly roll into.
Speak for yourself. Hutball is my favourite WZ. By a looooooong mile

Darth-Rammstein
01.03.2013 , 04:09 AM | #7
Huttball is always one sided. It's almost never an even match where both teams struggle for a cap. It's usually just a shutout 6-0 game where one side or the other just gets rolled.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Aehgo
01.03.2013 , 06:07 AM | #8
Huttball is awesome,its like one of the only warzones that can be finished in 2 minutes,love it!

Leafy_Bug
01.03.2013 , 06:24 AM | #9
Huttball sux, I want the choice to untick this wz because i get it 80% throughout my PVP days.

Banderal
01.03.2013 , 06:28 AM | #10
I love HB. I don't think it's a one-sided match any more so than the other WZs. And at least a 1-sided HB is usually overwith much faster than, say, a 1-sided CW (or at least it seems like it). The only thing I wish would happen in a HB is that when the reast of my team decides to just deathmatch, they would announce it - so that I would stop wasting my time being the only one trying to play HB.