Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collector's Edition

TORPlayer
01.02.2013 , 10:10 PM | #1
Hey, I was looking to grab the CE edition for TOR. I've talked to people who said they got it off amazon for like $40 but the cheapest has been around $60 when i checked. Is there anywhere else to grab a CE for cheaper or should I just get it for 60?
Lieutenant Vaeran Grimez
Republic 44 Vanguard
Cipher Agent Kaulton Grimez
Imperial 45 Operative

xorcist
01.02.2013 , 10:40 PM | #2
Considering most CE owners paid $150 for it, I'd say $60 is a fabulous price. Unless you really want the statue and the other physical stuff, like the authenticator, I wouldn't bother. The authenticator can be bought separately and you have the digital upgrade if you want the useless virtual items. I was sold at the time because of the authenticator.

Edit:
Oh and the exclusive CE vendor that sucks crap!
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Gavin_Kelvar
01.02.2013 , 10:48 PM | #3
though it's been several months you could check if any Gamestops in your area still have them. Back in August they were going for 30 USD. Though I would guess that they're all sold out by now it couldn't hurt to check, even if your local Gamestop is out you could still ask them if there are any Gamestops that still have a copy that they could have shipped to your local store.

Otherwise I'd say if you can get one for 60 USD that's probably as good a deal as you'll get. As the supply dwindles further it's probable that the price will only go up.

Asuka
01.02.2013 , 10:49 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TORPlayer View Post
Hey, I was looking to grab the CE edition for TOR. I've talked to people who said they got it off amazon for like $40 but the cheapest has been around $60 when i checked. Is there anywhere else to grab a CE for cheaper or should I just get it for 60?
$60 is a steal. The statue alone is worth $80-$100 and it's a quality statue.

Tumedus
01.03.2013 , 12:25 AM | #5
This is in no way a comment on the value of the contents, but I don't think that is a good deal. The price right now is higher than it has seen in a long time and you just missed all the Holiday sales where it was $30 almost everywhere. Some still have it listed as such but are generally out of stock as you noted. And with the current surge in popularity due to the release of F2P, perceived demand is has pushed the value back up a ways (although looking on ebay, I see the markups but not a single bid, even on ones with lower starting prices). That will fade and the prices will drop again, imo.

Now admittedly, if you really want it, it's probably worth it to get it because, if I am wrong and people continue to order these, they might keep getting scarcer. And I seriously doubt anyone who is out is going to restock.

Fwiw, if you are willing to go through smaller internet retailers, while perusing for this response I saw it as low as $40 on ebay and $50 through a couple online shops.

Jacen_Starsolo
01.03.2013 , 12:32 AM | #6
Gamestop sold them for 30 but you have to find a local gamestop with one still available. If you live in North or Central Florida, there was one available near Daytona a few weeks ago.

Baton Rouge, LA had one still but sold it weeks ago just before Xmas.

Jacen_Starsolo
01.03.2013 , 12:33 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
$60 is a steal. The statue alone is worth $80-$100 and it's a quality statue.
Who says that statue is worth that? You can buy the statue alone for far less than that online.

Kenze
01.03.2013 , 12:35 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
Who says that statue is worth that? You can buy the statue alone for far less than that online.
that would be msrp
RASCZAK: You. Tell me the moral difference, if any, between the citizen and the civilian?
JOHNNY: The difference lies in the field of civic virtue. A citizen accepts personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic, of which he is a member, defending it, if need be, with his life. The civilian does not.

Jacen_Starsolo
01.03.2013 , 12:37 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kenze View Post
that would be msrp
MSRP is a SUGGESTION. Actually what the S stands for.

And a year ago. Show me where the statue is being sold for that price.

Darth-Rammstein
01.03.2013 , 12:47 AM | #10
seeing as how I paid $150 for mine...yeah, $60 is a steal. Although since the game is f2p now I wouldn't even bother buying it if I didn't already own it.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five