Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing as commando in PVP doesnt seem as fun as healing with scoundrel or sage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Healing as commando in PVP doesnt seem as fun as healing with scoundrel or sage

TimoniPumba
01.17.2013 , 05:38 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by schooch View Post
Well I agree CM need some love (not a whole new re-working but a couple minor changes.) CM's can do RWZ, It requires more skill than the other classes to do so, but CM can do well in RWZ.
I'm playing on pvp server Tomb of freedom nadd. There are most skilled pvp guilds that are among the best in the game.
Yes, commando can do well, when he is not bothered. But on TOFN, on RWZ noone will let commando do anything.

schooch
01.17.2013 , 12:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TimoniPumba View Post
I'm playing on pvp server Tomb of freedom nadd. There are most skilled pvp guilds that are among the best in the game.
Yes, commando can do well, when he is not bothered. But on TOFN, on RWZ noone will let commando do anything.
I am not trying to sound like a jerk, but maybe those guilds need a better tank....

CM's bring to the table what no other healing class can, survivability. All the top (and I mean top) tear guilds on my server have amazing CM's that run ranked, and do very well at it. Like I said earlier though, the lvl of skill demanded of those CM is way above what a sage/scoundrel would need.
Markoss-Commando medic

TimoniPumba
01.17.2013 , 01:49 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by schooch View Post
I am not trying to sound like a jerk, but maybe those guilds need a better tank....

CM's bring to the table what no other healing class can, survivability. All the top (and I mean top) tear guilds on my server have amazing CM's that run ranked, and do very well at it. Like I said earlier though, the lvl of skill demanded of those CM is way above what a sage/scoundrel would need.
How's ur server called?

schooch
01.17.2013 , 02:53 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TimoniPumba View Post
What's ur server called?
Jedi Covenant which is a PVE server, but the top end guilds are on par with PVP servers.
Markoss-Commando medic

Houzukimaru
01.18.2013 , 10:49 AM | #25
I have a 50 Commando and a 50 Scoundrel, both are healers. Scoundrel healing is more enjoyable and functional in WZ, but less so in WPvP. Adjusting the Green Beam to either the Scoundrel's DS animation or the Merc's RS one is the simplest fix I can think of.
Lieutenant Mij Galaar
2nd Assault Platoon Commander
Alpha Company
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

ChicagoBearsFan
01.20.2013 , 08:00 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Houzukimaru View Post
Adjusting the Green Beam to either the Scoundrel's DS animation or the Merc's RS one is the simplest fix I can think of.
Exactly... Changing the Green beam of death animation so it is not nearly as noticeable will bring back a very important mechanic in our healing rotation. Especially in PVP because it allows us to heal AND stay moble. Simply changing this would go a LONG way to fixing the commando but not entirely.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

schooch
01.20.2013 , 10:11 PM | #27
As far the GBOD, I wish color crystals could change the coler. that would be awesome!
Markoss-Commando medic

Gyronamics
01.21.2013 , 12:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaniardInfinity View Post
- Make it so the house of cards that is a Gunnery Commando doesn't fall down every time Grav Round gets interrupted. Give them alternative (but slower) means of building their procs so they can take interruptions in stride without having their entire tree cave in on them.
Already exists.

Charged Bolts builds Charged Barrier stacks and procs CoF.

What it doesn't do is build Charged Barrel stacks (high impact bolt buff) or leave Grav stacks (demo round buff).

I'm fine with that personally, I deliberately leave out demo round in my gunnery pvp build and I swap between charged bolts and grav round on purpose with the main aim being to use Full auto with it's brutal damage and 70% slow which both cripples a target and can save friendlies from aggressive melee.

Demo round is a load of balls anyway, it encourages you to rely on one cast which is what gets people ganked, that stuff is for PVE imo.

Give me a Full Auto any time, 3 seconds of crippling snare and huge damage that relies on no stacking.

Last two games I SS'd when I was in my gunnery pvp spec:

http://s1.postimage.org/gm7n7ijcv/Sc..._27_367876.jpg
http://s1.postimage.org/74chl7n27/Sc..._31_809248.jpg
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

straseed
01.21.2013 , 02:29 PM | #29
527k damage and not one MVP vote...rough bro.
IShouldGo - Commando Medic - PotF
Naib (Never to be taken alive!) - Scoundrel Sawbones - PotF
Brown Coats

Gyronamics
01.21.2013 , 05:38 PM | #30
Our one healer hogged all the mvp votes.

If you didn't notice someone in particular -> vote for someone who was healing

I voted for him too actually. Was too busy to notice anyone in particular
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN