Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deleted assets.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

durxl
01.02.2013 , 01:00 PM | #1
I purposely deleted some asset files cause i was addicted to the game, and now I want to play again. How can i get those files back. I tried repairing, and it just gives me a c5 error, like when it did before I tried to repair.

thanks

Dasile
01.02.2013 , 01:01 PM | #2
reinstall the game?

durxl
01.02.2013 , 01:05 PM | #3
Yeah, buddy. Im wanting to not have to reinstall the whole game.

Beesodd
01.02.2013 , 01:11 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello durxl,

If the deleted files can't be just restored back into place, then a significant download may be required. You should be able to get it started by running the setup file (available here) and choosing the reinstall to the same location. This should then search for and begin to replace the missing asset files.

As mentioned though, a significant download may be required. If you have a nearby friend with a working install, it might be faster/easier to move across a copy from their machine.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

durxl
01.02.2013 , 01:18 PM | #5
great thanks

durxl
01.02.2013 , 01:25 PM | #6
That didnt download the files unless I already downloaded them through repair function and there is a different problem. Im getting a c5 error when it goes to first splash screen.

Beesodd
01.02.2013 , 01:35 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks. Can you try repairing again, and check if it detects a problem and tries to repair, or just checks and gives the all-clear? It sounds like your install is present but damaged.

durxl
01.02.2013 , 02:23 PM | #8
Said repairing 40 files. It repaired them, then I click play and get same thing. Goes to splash then crashes with C5 error.

Beesodd
01.02.2013 , 02:36 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks. It sounds like the files aren't repairing as they should when the repair is being run, leading to the C5 crash when the game tries to load said assets. It might help to restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, and run a repair again. If a 3rd party program is interfering with the repair this should prevent it from doing so. Then restart in normal mode and check if the repair completed correctly.

Also, if you are using a program called SWTOR Unleashed, please disable it.

durxl
01.02.2013 , 02:51 PM | #10
Its not redownloading those files I deleted cause the folder is only 10g and it should be like 20 g right?