Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative and Merc fun factor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Operative and Merc fun factor

Mrceto
01.02.2013 , 08:43 AM | #1
Hiya folks,

I'm looking to make an alt after finishing up leveling my Juggy. I have it narrowed down between Concealment Op or a Merc. My question is, which of the two is the more fun to play? They both have aspects that I enjoy and the decision is tough. Also, which of the two will have an easier time solo questing?

Thanks!

Shadowsite
01.02.2013 , 08:53 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrceto View Post
Hiya folks,

I'm looking to make an alt after finishing up leveling my Juggy. I have it narrowed down between Concealment Op or a Merc. My question is, which of the two is the more fun to play? They both have aspects that I enjoy and the decision is tough. Also, which of the two will have an easier time solo questing?

Thanks!
Both of those classes are underpowered, right now. If you wanna do PvE it's more fun to be a Merc (As Arsenal). For PvP be concealment op, only that their burst is kinda bad (it is good if executed prefectly), but they can still off-heal, which is good. As for the fun of it, I can't say much.
A man that hides isn't a coward, he is the smartest man alive.
A man that fights is not brave, he is foolish
A man that walks away is the strongest of them all

Mrceto
01.02.2013 , 09:10 AM | #3
Thanks for the response, i'll give the Arsenal Merc a try.

Mrceto
01.02.2013 , 09:29 AM | #4
Thanks for the response, i'll give the Arsenal Merc a try.

Sanctioned
01.02.2013 , 12:42 PM | #5
Concealment Ops is the most fun I can have in this game, but I've always been stealth-biased. Nothing like reading the battlefield, choosing your target, and then escaping before their team knows what to do. You'll hardly ever be #1 on any chart, but that's because there are no charts that measure the tactical flexibility and stealth superiority that an Ops excels in.
(Black Vulkars) Bastion: Dregs - 50 Operative , Dresni - 50 Assassin Fapmonster - 50 Vanguard
Shadowfire: Dregs - Spy | Ryuten - MPowers/MLS
Flurry: Ryushi - Rifleman/Creature Handler