Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changing Binds on Pickup to Binds to Legacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Changing Binds on Pickup to Binds to Legacy

Warrgames
01.01.2013 , 07:46 PM | #11
Schematics and crafted items should be BtL. Gear should remain BoP.

lironBD
01.01.2013 , 08:00 PM | #12
you are aware that you can transfer bound mods between legacy if you place them inside legacy bound item like legacy armor set (containment officer) or the bowcaster from the world event ? :P
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

Clevelandboy
01.01.2013 , 08:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
you are aware that you can transfer bound mods between legacy if you place them inside legacy bound item like legacy armor set (containment officer) or the bowcaster from the world event ? :P
This is more about the schems that are BoP, this feature made no sense just like the BoP crafted items that these same schems make 90% of the time

Warrgames
01.01.2013 , 09:38 PM | #14

Clevelandboy
01.01.2013 , 09:58 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Warrgames View Post
IMO anything that is crafted from a Schem should be BoE

lokiinthesky
01.10.2013 , 01:18 AM | #16
When it comes to the issue of "everyone" needing for their alt there is a solution. Write a script that checks all the allowed participants skills. If they have the skill for the schematic Need will highlight if they dont its grayed out. That way those that can immediately use the schematic have first crack. if noone has the immediate skill or chooses greed, then everyone greeds and high number wins. That way if it binds to legacy it is a fair to all transaction.

Tureth
03.11.2013 , 09:01 AM | #17
Sorry for the slight necro, but thought it best rather than making a new thread.

I really wish they could do something about this. I spent hours looking for a hooded robe for Kira at my level (35), and I found ONE on the gtn, priced ridiculously high. I'm not suggesting that all gear be made btl. Even if it was just the rewards from missions, or something, like class missions and heroics. That way when say, my consular gets a robe that he doesn't need, he could send it to kira. or if my trooper gets something he doesn't use, he can send it to qyzhen, etc.

TLDR: In terms of gear, If it was just rewards from missions made BTL rather than BOP, that would be something.

TheBBP
03.11.2013 , 09:03 AM | #18
This is all good except for when the ninja looters who love to put their companion needs over the needs of anyone in the group would now have the go-ahead to need for alts too.
Jano Aras'im - Knight of the Republic
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Jacen_Starsolo
03.11.2013 , 09:10 AM | #19
I would like this too. I have won greed rolls for schematics to something a particular toon can't use but another could. Like my Bio won an Artifice 400 schematic that is bound. <sarcasm> thanks </sarcasm> Not going to change my 400 Bio to level up Artifice when I already have another who handles my Artifice.

Asuka
03.11.2013 , 10:04 AM | #20
Some things should be bind to legacy like the droid customization from the CM but in general you won't see it happen for most gear because it'll cause too much damage to the economy although if you could buy a consumable that makes an item BoL that could be cool but probably won't see that either.