Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changing Binds on Pickup to Binds to Legacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Changing Binds on Pickup to Binds to Legacy

lokiinthesky
01.01.2013 , 01:44 PM | #1
I would love for them to drop the whole Binds o Pickup and change it to Binds to Legacy. So if schematics drop and another character of yours can craft it, you could send the schematics to that character. I have two scrolls for Armor stuck on an artifice and a cybertech with my armorcrafter begging for them.

What do you think?
Mara'deepstar

revansowns
01.01.2013 , 03:03 PM | #2
i totally agree
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel

darklordpotter
01.01.2013 , 03:09 PM | #3
I would love to see this.

Lsya
01.01.2013 , 06:09 PM | #4
Excellent idea!

A_nonymous
01.01.2013 , 06:19 PM | #5
Totally agree. The other day I got a customization for the Republic Ship Droid. Problem was it was my Bounty Hunter who got it. And it binds on pickup so you can't sell it. ***? Bind to legacy would've fixed that right there.
Gunwalker Legacy FTW.

Tumedus
01.01.2013 , 06:27 PM | #6
it's an interesting idea. There are some not so great implications, though.

Consider how bent out of shape people get when you roll need for your companion, who is at least a functional part of that character. Now imagine people rolling need for their alt.

Yes everyone should establish loot rules if they care about these things, but it does have the potential to be abused.

DawnAskham
01.01.2013 , 06:34 PM | #7
I disagree for many reasons, the biggest one being that everyone would just roll need on everything as even if they couldn't use it, they could pass it to an alt.

I also think the ability to rip end-game mods out of gear to shuffle them off to alts using legacy gear needs to end. Want to gear an alt, then play your alt.

All that said, if they did something where only greed rolls were unlocked to legacy and restricted it to certain things such as schematics or lower level items and not end-game gear, then I'd support it.

EDIT TO ADD: I'd totally take advantage of this if they implemented such a change, but even so, I feel it would end up causing more issues and problems than it would be worth.

ahusking
01.01.2013 , 06:53 PM | #8
I started a similar topic about the Columi/Rakata gear and got similar responses of "people will just need for there alts"

It's simple, if you don't like people who need when they don't need it for that toon, or just are greedy and need everything they can't use. Don't run with them, it's not that hard, join a good guild, and you only need 4 people to run an HM. 9/10 runs that i do are with people i know and trust. If we based the whole game on people who are jerks and realistically a minority in the game, then it would be a pretty miserable game if we based everything on people who "need" things that they don't actually need.

</rant>

all that said, i'd love to see this, my companion has more rakata gear than i do, and it pisses me off
Arrtoo - IA Healer - Master Da'Narla
Daed - Sith Assassin - Master Da'Narla
Myrdyn - Sith Sorcerer- Master Da'Narla
Rhenna - Sith Warrior - Master Da'Narla

scullzomben
01.01.2013 , 07:13 PM | #9
Schematics 100% need to be BoL.

Still furious that when we killed NiM Pilg, a guildie who had made it very clear that he was unsubbing in a few days was the only artifice, and got the Magenta Power Crystal Schematic.

Amodin
01.01.2013 , 07:41 PM | #10
I have wished this for months, but BioWare isn't smart enough to do it.