Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How can i stop xp/level?

Monoth
01.01.2013 , 07:26 PM | #21
The content you skip on your main character you can do when you make an alt.... Keeps the game fresh and we don't have to listen to people coming in here complaining it's so boring leveling alts and doing all the same quests again...

As others have mentioned any XP lock feature would be abused in PvP.
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Taw_Kobalt
01.02.2013 , 12:26 AM | #22
Halting XP makes perfect sense to me.

PVP pre 50 is fun. The other guy may have more abilities on his bar than me, but Its roughly equal.

PVP @ 50 is junk. The starter PVP gear does nothing to help against people in full war hero.

They need to remove gear completely from PVP and then PVP at 50 will be fun.

The reason that they even have expertise is so that PVE gear is not also BiS for PVP, but if they instead had just said all jedi count as having these stats (and yes, that means removign the advantage from datacrons and stims too) then suddenly PVp is about skill, and not gear.
Starkiller Legacy - Kaas City
For the Republic!!!

Z-ToXiN
01.02.2013 , 12:44 AM | #23
I totally understand the feeling. Im about to hit 50 soon on an alt but I wish I could stay under 50 forever. PVP is just so much more fun. And when I hit 50 I cant play with my friends who are lower level any more.

Gear isn't the issue really, at least not for me. With how they changed it in 1.6, War Hero takes very little to get. I actually have a full WH set waiting for me already and have enough comms saved up to buy the rest, so I will have full War Hero even with some min-maxing done right when i hit 50. But I dont know, I guess I just find pre-50 a lot more fun than 50s.

I would gladly pay cartel coins to lock my Xp in at its current level.
ADRAAJ SHI'KARI ARRIAN
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ POWeRTeCH◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // #GearRequirementForSolos

DataBeaver
01.02.2013 , 01:35 AM | #24
I have to wonder, was pre-50 PvP also fun when you were level 30? Or is it just at 49? AFAIK a level 30 would have a hard time even hitting the level 49s, let alone winning a fight.

Zataos
01.02.2013 , 01:40 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Taw_Kobalt View Post

PVP pre 50 is fun. The other guy may have more abilities on his bar than me, but Its roughly equal.

PVP @ 50 is junk. The starter PVP gear does nothing to help against people in full war hero.

The reason that they even have expertise is so that PVE gear is not also BiS for PVP, but if they instead had just said all jedi count as having these stats (and yes, that means removign the advantage from datacrons and stims too) then suddenly PVp is about skill, and not gear.
How is this fair to the lvl 10-30s that are in with lvl 49s in full purple gear? It would be like sending you in to warzones against Elite War Hero geared players in green lvl 50 gear, not fun.

Now if low lvl pvp had a matchmaker, say match up lvl 10-20s 20-30s 30s-40s and 40s-50s then I would be ok with it, maybe.
The Chaoticas Legacy -The Shadowlands Server - (40k kills)
(Havaos Jug 50) (Devaos Sorc 50) (Vorhen BH 50) (Venaos Sin 50) (Xaos BH 50) (Zorgen Jug 50) (Zataos Mara 50) (Gwaraos BH 50) (Xenaos Mara 42) (Tavaos Sin 50) (Jenaos Snip 41) (Scaraos Op 27) (Ravaos Jug 31) (Xinaos Sorc 32) (Dreadaos - Jug 22)

oakamp
01.02.2013 , 01:42 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Taw_Kobalt View Post

most ppl here know ur feeling,
pre 50 is good, but in the endgame, swtor is shxt,
that's why 1.7mil subs quit this game,
u can only reroll, if u want to pre 50 pvp.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

amnie
01.02.2013 , 01:43 AM | #27
if all you cared about was doing lowbie pvp with your friends you'd spend ... I don't know... 2 hours?? leveling a new character and start playing lowbie warzones with your friends right away. and when your friends hit 50 you just use your original character again.

noodlehaus
01.02.2013 , 01:51 AM | #28
once the expansion hits, you can keep enjoying pre-max level PvP by not getting the expansion.

if they just extend the bracket to 1-54 + 50, then you'll be PvPing at 50 forever along with other pre-55 players. not a bad deal if you'll ask me.

Z-ToXiN
01.02.2013 , 04:24 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
I have to wonder, was pre-50 PvP also fun when you were level 30? Or is it just at 49? AFAIK a level 30 would have a hard time even hitting the level 49s, let alone winning a fight.
Funnily enough it was. There is a certain magic about learning a new class, figuring how to play it, getting new abilities... and by the time you are in the 30's you are rocking. But back when my marauder was around 20 i was 1v1ing high level 40's. I have a friend who did 300k damage at level 11.... so for some classes you can still destroy at low levels if you are good. I guess in 50s you have gear difference and in pre-50s you have level skills and abilities difference.

Well, I have 4 AC's I havent done so lots of lowbie PVP still ahead of me.
ADRAAJ SHI'KARI ARRIAN
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ POWeRTeCH◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // #GearRequirementForSolos

Mayeh
01.02.2013 , 08:05 PM | #30
Just put on your big boy pants and head to the 50 bracket for PvP and take your lumps while gearing up. You can't max out your comms if you didn't do it already.