Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Heats: Darth Revan vs Skere Kaan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Heats: Darth Revan vs Skere Kaan

ReiKai
12.30.2012 , 06:34 PM | #11
Bane never regarded Kaan as a leader. Nvm that Bane turned on Kaan and destroyed the Brotherhood. Kaan made it clear that anyone with the title of "Lord" was Equal in status to himself and other members of the Brotherhood. This wasn't the case with Revan's Sith. There were two primary leaders; Himself and Malak. That's it. Commanders and all else were under his order. And Revan had Thousands of Sith and Dark Jedi under his command.

Kaan, along with most of the Brotherhood, were fools. They learned only enough to use the Force, but little else. And while they formed a Library of Sith Knowledge and history on Korriban, it was rarely used because Kaan and the other Teacher's didn't feel that studying the past would help them and would only inspire Acolyte's to think of themselves alone, like with Bane who intentionally gave himself the Darth Title.

Kaan had Sith trained at different schools for specific teachings. Only those who 'Could' become Lords trained on Korriban. Anyone else with Lesser potential were sent elsewhere to basically become Cannon Fodder Force Users. Revan knew better and taught better. It'd also be easy for him to get others to his side. Kaan was charismatic to be sure, but he isn't even in the same league as Revan when it comes to this. Not only this, but Revan has won one war already, and has many veterans on his side of the field. It can also be noted that, while Bastila had used her Battle Meditation to win a few battles against Revan's Sith, the Republic and the Jedi knew all they did was delay the inevitable.

Capturing Revan they believed was their only hope. However, all it did was give Malak the opening he needed to assume control and put the war into overdrive. He didn't care about maintaining the Infrastructure as Revan did. He was just going to steamroll and grind everything to dust. Taking Revan out of the picture only made things worse. In this case, Kaan has no chance in hell of bringing down Revan.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Aurbere
12.30.2012 , 07:10 PM | #12
OK, let's break it down here, shall we?

Troops: Kaan's Sith Empire has roughly 20,000 Sith Lords (in title only), as well as several non-Force users (which serve as the backbone of the army). Darth Revan's Sith Empire is comprised of Dark Jedi, Sith Soldiers, and heavy Battle Droids. This battle will come down to Force Users and as it stands right now, Kaan has the advantage here.

Troop Adaptability: Can't really say much here. They are rather even in adaptability.

Recruitment and Charisma: Lord Kaan was insistent on finding and training Force users. Many of Darth Revan's forces came from recruited members such as Saul Karath and fellow war dogs. Darth Revan is a very charismatic man and can convince many to join him. Lord Kaan's recruitment relied on his mind tricks and convincing others to believe in his vision. In this area, Kaan is outclassed by Darth Revan.

Starships: Darth Revan's fleet was mainly comprised of incredibly powerful Interdictor-class vessels and stolen Republic vessels. I'm not entirely sure what Kaan has, but its enough to challenge a pretty powerful Republic.

Tacticians: Both Lord Kaan and Darth Revan are very good tacticians and Kaan's Battle Meditation will come in handy as Darth Revan and Malak do not know Battle Meditation. During the Jedi Civil War, Darth Revan waged a campaign that would inevitably conquer the Republic, if not for the unfortunate betrayal from Malak. Darth Revan wins tactically, but Kaan's battle Meditation will slightly close the gap.

Allies: Kaan having Darth Bane, Kas'im, Kopecz and Qordis are an excellent boon to his Empire and give him an advantage when it comes down to Kaan vs. Revan. Malak will help Revan quite a bit, but his merciless approach to war could prove detrimental to Revan's campaign. Kaan's allies are greater than Malak.

Infighting: Kaan led a stable Empire, but when the going got tough his fellows started to fight amongst themselves. Darth Revan's Empire is far more stable as the lesser Sith are too weak to actually try to usurp the title from Revan. Must be wary of Malak. However, Darth Revan gets the edge here.

One on One: Kaan's strength lied in charisma and mind tricks. Darth Revan could do what Kaan can do as well as so much more. Darth Revan takes it.

Considering everything, Kaan seems to have an advantage, but that will slowly slip away once Revan's Sith Empire puts up an actual fight. The infighting and backstabbing is what will kill Kaan's campaign. I will elaborate more in future debates, but for now...

Darth Revan wins.

What? Aurbere picking Revan? You better believe it.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

steaktrooper
12.30.2012 , 07:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post

Darth Revan wins.

Never thought the day would come
Lembar Romdoro Agenros Cavteff
Sith Covenant / Jedi Covenant @ The Harbinger

ReiKai
12.30.2012 , 07:35 PM | #14
I'm going to have to disagree with you on allies. Most of Kaan's brotherhood were, for the most part, useless. Only Ka'sim and Bane would even be worth mentioning. However, this isn't Bane at his prime. Bane does end up stronger than Kaan and other members of the Brotherhood. Easily so. Except for Ka'sim, who was very much a match for Bane in melee combat. Revan had people who knew what they were doing. Even Malak did what he was told and, while he did try to challenge Revan once before, that match was finished rather abruptly with Malak's jaw hitting the floor when Revan one-shotted him.

Also, given the fact that Bane got the idea for the Rule of Two from Revan's teachings, is more likely to present himself as an apprentice to Revan than remain on with the Brotherhood and try to replace Malak. If Malak dies, then Revan gains a potentially greater asset. If Bane dies, then the status quo remains the same and Kaan loses his greatest asset.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Airmo
12.30.2012 , 07:44 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Darth Revan wins.

Are we in some kind of weird Bizzaro universe??
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Warren-Stride
12.30.2012 , 08:00 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
Also, given the fact that Bane got the idea for the Rule of Two from Revan's teachings, is more likely to present himself as an apprentice to Revan than remain on with the Brotherhood and try to replace Malak. If Malak dies, then Revan gains a potentially greater asset. If Bane dies, then the status quo remains the same and Kaan loses his greatest asset.
I was gonna vote for Kaan.... then I saw this. I really don't understand why Kaan got stuck with Bane. Bane freaking hates Kaan and the Brotherhood, he's a betrayal waiting to happen.

I think I might sit this one out and rest my debate skills for the upcoming G0-T0 battle. Use the time I spend making points here to do some research.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Canino
12.30.2012 , 08:27 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post

I think I might sit this one out and rest my debate skills for the upcoming G0-T0 battle. Use the time I spend making points here to do some research.
I think I"ll do this as well. Team G0-T0 assemble!
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

GarfieldJL
12.30.2012 , 09:05 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
I'm going to have to disagree with you on allies. Most of Kaan's brotherhood were, for the most part, useless. Only Ka'sim and Bane would even be worth mentioning. However, this isn't Bane at his prime. Bane does end up stronger than Kaan and other members of the Brotherhood. Easily so. Except for Ka'sim, who was very much a match for Bane in melee combat. Revan had people who knew what they were doing. Even Malak did what he was told and, while he did try to challenge Revan once before, that match was finished rather abruptly with Malak's jaw hitting the floor when Revan one-shotted him.

My reasoning as well, Bane actually respected Revan and thought Kaan was a moron, I think Bane would try to bump off Malak and then become Revan's new apprentice.

MasterMe
12.30.2012 , 09:28 PM | #19
Wow. It seems I've arrived late to a Revan party.

NOTE: Wow. These guys are very similar.

Revan wins. Here's why:

1. He's got pretty powerful ships that were spawned by the Star Forge. Obviously he doesn't get the Star Forge, but he gets all the ships that were spawned by it at his height of power.

2. Troop experience: Many of his soldiers and Dark Jedi had been through the Mando War

3. Assassins. Remember those assassins that Traya had? Revan made those guys. He is gonna have a very impressive hybrid army in that he's got veteran troops, Dark Jedi (Revanchists + all the Jedi he swayed to his side), assassins, and (obviously) droids.

4. Revan has the one-on-one advantage for obvious reasons. Him + an assassin strike team would take down Kaan doubtlessly.

5. Fifth point? Ah - I'm drawing a blank here.

Also: Let's look at what it took to beat Kaan: the Army of Light. The Army of Light is very similar to Jedi General Revan EXCEPT Darth Revan controls an empire.
- the Army of Light wasn't supported by the Jedi Order or the Republic. They were merely an army. No logistics, citizens, nation-type stuff or anything and yet they beat Kaan. Revan has logistics.
- Revan has assassins
- Revan's fleet is significantly bigger and better then Hoth's.
- Lord Hoth's army is a feudal type army and as we all know, feudal systems aren't the best.
- The Army of Light was poorly equipped and mostly fought with melee weapons.

Why am I comparing the Army of Light to Darth Revan? Because the Army of Light beat Kaan. If they can do it, Revan doubtlessly can. Kaan's battle meditation didn't save him from a poorly equipped army with zero resources/logistics and it won't save him from Revan.

It'll be an interesting fight, but Revan is clearly gonna win in my opinion.

MasterMe
12.30.2012 , 09:28 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
My reasoning as well, Bane actually respected Revan and thought Kaan was a moron, I think Bane would try to bump off Malak and then become Revan's new apprentice.
Interesting thought....