Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Can a Fully Honed Mandalorian beat a Jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Can a Fully Honed Mandalorian beat a Jedi?

pawnofevil's Avatar


pawnofevil
12.30.2012 , 11:40 PM | #31
So urghhh what clan just a quick question
"Shoot First, Ask Questions Later"

hyperdragon's Avatar


hyperdragon
12.31.2012 , 12:06 AM | #32
Jango was Mandalore (leader) of the True Mandalorians (one of three factions). The other two factions are Death Watch and the Hippie-lorians. Jango was said that he wasn't a real mandalorian because the person who said that was part of Death Watch. FYI, Death Watch and the True Mandalorians were at war and always hated each other.

You don't have to be born as a mandalorian the same as your not born a Jedi or a Sith, your a force-sensitive. The original mandalorians weren't human to begin with, but now they are and the originals are extinct.

When you look at both the culture of Mandalorians and Jedi, they both are similar. You learn to fight. You learn tactics. You learn ranged combat, combat with a melee weapon, combat with your hands. You learn the history of your culture. You answer to one body of power (mandalore or the council). Both are physically fit. They both are warriors and should be treated as such.

It's to my understanding that Mandalore the Ultimate(? the guy Revan fought at the last battle) gave Revan, one of the Jedi's top duelists, a good fight. Jango Fett killed (I forget how many Jedi) at the battle of Galidraan (spelling?) where Dooku was present for the battle and would have let Jango go if it was just the two of them and no one else because of what Jango did to a bunch of jedi on the strike team. Boba Fett was leader of the Mandalorians during the Yuuzhan Vong war, his leadership kept them out of yuuzhan vong hands. Granted no jedi were involved and he may not have fought some of the alien invaders but he could have and yuuzhan vong gave the jedi a tough time in a fight.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.31.2012 , 06:36 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by pawnofevil View Post
Also when the BH becomes a Mando what clan are they in?
I hope I haven't spoiled anything for you, but you seem intrigued anyway.
Spoiler
If you haven't played the BH storyline, go play it - by far one of the best story-lines out there. And the ending is just plain epic.

maxetius's Avatar


maxetius
12.31.2012 , 05:01 PM | #34
Never met anyone who's blaster-proof.

That said the BH can become a Mandalorian, and he kills some seriously powerful Jedi/Sith by the end. [though he gets thrown around and ragdolled by them as one would expect]

HurricaneHarte's Avatar


HurricaneHarte
01.05.2013 , 07:21 PM | #35
Mandalorians around the galaxy are well known as 'Jedi-Killers'.. Many Mandalorians have slaughtered Jedi and many Jedi have killed Mandalorians. I'd say they are probably evenly matched, even Darth Vader had a respect for Boba

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.05.2013 , 07:53 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by HurricaneHarte View Post
Mandalorians around the galaxy are well known as 'Jedi-Killers'.. Many Mandalorians have slaughtered Jedi and many Jedi have killed Mandalorians. I'd say they are probably evenly matched, even Darth Vader had a respect for Boba
Mandalorians aren't jedi killers. Theres only a few that actually hold that title as being such, and even moreso that have actual evidence of killing jedi some just have the title just because, even moreso its actually even harder to pin down who is a jedi killer or not because even some of the evidence is complete ********.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

annabethchase's Avatar


annabethchase
01.06.2013 , 09:21 AM | #37
No, not a trained Jedi. The only reason it ever happens is to allow for suspensful storytelling. However the powers Jedi have would trump any normal human.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Jonoku's Avatar


Jonoku
01.06.2013 , 09:25 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
No, or at least no in the sense that if the Jedi in question is a fully trained Knight and knows what he is doing. Against a padawan though?...Ya I could see the win for the Mando there why not? But that doesn't mean he wouldn't have trouble, a padawan is still a Jedi who is trained since a toddler in using The Force and being in CQC.

However against a fully trained Jedi Knight/Master that actually knows what they are doing in combat? No, I mean that was sort of proven with Luke and Obi-Wan against Jango/Boba.
I don't think boba or Jango are full flesh Mandolorian, they are just bounty hunters nothing special. Mandolorians are like a different species then humans they are just a humanoid form.

annabethchase's Avatar


annabethchase
01.06.2013 , 09:29 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
Mandolorians are like a different species then humans they are just a humanoid form.
That's not true of the mandalorians in any of the movies/books/games we've ever gotten. That's a historical footnote of their origins, nothing more.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.06.2013 , 09:30 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
I don't think boba or Jango are full flesh Mandolorian, they are just bounty hunters nothing special. Mandolorians are like a different species then humans they are just a humanoid form.
They were a different species yes known as The Taung, but they became extinct and the Mandalorian culture was picked up by humans and the like. So yes...Jango/Boba are Mandalorians....infact Jango(I just remembered this) was actually Mandalore by Ep 2 and he still got his tail kicked by Obi-Wan and then killed by Windu so that just makes his defeat even sadder that the best of them couldn't tango with a Jedi Master on two accounts.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.