Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An idea for pebble storm change!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
An idea for pebble storm change!

GideonTrask
12.29.2012 , 04:36 AM | #1
Instead of the lackluster tossing of the pebbles. A move that makes no sense unless your on an earthy terrain. What about a saber throw. But instead of a quick return, it is channeled to remain on the enemy to dice him up. Then returns after channeling is complete. This will satisfy those who hate being a force master who is reduced to tossing stones. And the large crowed who wants more saber action on the sage. Any thoughts?

_biddan_
12.29.2012 , 05:18 AM | #2
realistically such a thing would tear the enemy apart at it also doesn't really look that light sided to dice the enemy with a lightsaber like that.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

LuciferinDNA
12.29.2012 , 06:13 AM | #3
I support TK (if you talk about it) animation change, its bugged a lots of times (the animation duplicates and stay till map change or dead) and its starts to be quite boring...
I'm ok to change it to some kind of light saber connected animation, but I support more to make it an epic looking energy storm animation...
By the way, we, who would like the Sage's saber bring to action, are supporting to buff here melee bonus dmg by willpower (yes, funny or not he is the only class what don't use his main attribute for both of here dmg table)

So,
- try to run away from a warrior, knight... you will get a saber to your back!
- try to get close to Sage/Sorc....and don't worry, they wouldn't be able to do any thing !

+ give us our auto attack, all classes has it, just Sage/Sorc don't

Sorry for the elusory , )

GideonTrask
12.29.2012 , 06:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
realistically such a thing would tear the enemy apart at it also doesn't really look that light sided to dice the enemy with a lightsaber like that.
I see what your saying. But realism doest really play into it as a knights saber throw should also cut a person in half. hell a scoundrels back blast alone should realistically end a fight. And as for not being light sided. I guess its up for debate. Personally I think being sliced to pieces more lightsided then being bludgeoned to death by rocks. Of course we could go for a yellow lightning. Jedi have a light side version of force lightning called Electric judgement.

GideonTrask
12.29.2012 , 07:03 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
I see what your saying. But realism doest really play into it as a knights saber throw should also cut a person in half. hell a scoundrels back blast alone should realistically end a fight. And as for not being light sided. I guess its up for debate. Personally I think being sliced to pieces more lightsided then being bludgeoned to death by rocks. Of course we could go for a yellow lightning. Jedi have a light side version of force lightning called Electric judgement.

Helig
12.29.2012 , 07:05 AM | #6
I'd rather see strong, focused streams of compressed air/power whatever - something like Satele used in the Hope traileer before smashing Malgus through the mountain.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

GideonTrask
12.29.2012 , 07:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
I'd rather see strong, focused streams of compressed air/power whatever - something like Satele used in the Hope traileer before smashing Malgus through the mountain.
That would work as well.

Altheran
12.29.2012 , 08:16 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Much more what I would imagine. It would look much more powerful, and it will still be Jedi-ish as it is pure telekinesis.

_biddan_
12.29.2012 , 07:12 PM | #9
http://i48.tinypic.com/157ydyb.png

something like this,pew pew pew!
(epic paint skillz)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

seven_deadlies
12.30.2012 , 12:33 PM | #10
http://youtu.be/1ToztqqDcaY?t=4m

I'd like to think Satele is using TK Throw, then following up with Project.

Someone somewhere probably noticed a lot of debris flying toward the Sith, and thought "We should have a bunch of rocks flying when they use this". Not realizing you'd be inside a spaceship 90% of the time, and rocks are in short supply.

The finisher looks more like the glowy ball of death that Sages use, but Satele is obviously a Shadow (double saber) so she shouldn't be using a Sagely attack. Again, someone saw big rocks involved and said "We should always have big rocks". At least Project kinda tries to take surroundings into account. Sometimes its a rock, sometimes its deck plating, sometimes its a droid.

But all in all, they should watch their own cinematics again, and make the game look better.