Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Djem so form with dual wielding sabers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Djem so form with dual wielding sabers?

TwistedTony
12.29.2012 , 01:14 AM | #1
Possible? Been done before? It's a form that focuses on basically battering your opponent to death with brute force so is it possible for a sith/jedi to be strong enough to do power attacks while dual wielding or is it a form more suited for acrobatic and agile forms like Ataru?
The Bastion - Descension
Rexas - Juggernaut, Predatus - Marauder, Malitus - Assassin
Vigilax - Guardian

ToEasy
12.29.2012 , 09:08 AM | #2
I don't think it has been done before because dual wielding just takes away the ability to use power attacks. Djem So is best used with a single lightsaber.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

TalonVII
12.29.2012 , 12:18 PM | #3
No. Djem so needs both arms on the saber to get maximum strength for the strike. Two blades just take away from that.

To me Djem So is like Kendo for light sabers. Can't do kendo with two blades. that's an entirely different form.

Why fighting with two blades goes into the Jer'Kai Style.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

TwistedTony
12.29.2012 , 03:04 PM | #4
Yeah but I'd u got a guy who's really strong using dual sabers, than can't he use power attacks? I mean take kephess for example, even tho he's no jedi, he had two swords and all he used were power swings
The Bastion - Descension
Vigilax - Guardian

Scathe
12.29.2012 , 03:28 PM | #5
Theoretically it is possible, there are variants of every form depending on type of weapon you are using. There is a dual bladed variant of Makashi, which is used by Asajj Ventress, and Darth Zannah used a double-bladed variant of Soresu. So, theoretically, it would be possible for there to be a dual saber Shien/Djem So. Would it be practical? No.
I am at Peace; for I know Emotion. I have Power; for I also have Knowledge. I have Passion; for I am Serene. I can embrace Mortality; for I know Death, I am balanced through the Force.

TalonVII
12.29.2012 , 03:43 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TwistedTony View Post
Yeah but I'd u got a guy who's really strong using dual sabers, than can't he use power attacks? I mean take kephess for example, even tho he's no jedi, he had two swords and all he used were power swings
But what is stronger, A guy wielding one sword with two hands swinging, or a guy with one hand holding a sword swinging?

It's actually a proven fact that while the two sword styles give you more flexability and mobility, you lose a lot of power per swing, and you lose a lot of defensive.

If you try to do a double guard block against somebody using Djem So to hack at you, he will break your defenses.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

TwistedTony
12.29.2012 , 09:33 PM | #7
yeah i get that you lose power per swing, theres no question about that. I'm saying you take a guy like greivous who is mechanically augmented and kephess who is a hulking beast of a trendoshan, i think they could over power a guy using 2 blades vs a guy with one blade cuz they are just so strong.
The Bastion - Descension
Vigilax - Guardian

ReiKai
12.29.2012 , 11:53 PM | #8
Grievous isn't all that strong. 4-arms, still couldn't overpower Obi-Wan or Kit Fisto. Kephess was a hulking beast, but that was his weakness. Anyone could just dodge around him and all that power goes to waste because he has no flexibility. Djem So is about power and strength. Using two weapons means halving you strength for each weapon.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

TwistedTony
12.30.2012 , 01:30 AM | #9
yeah but thats not the point that im making, im proving that apparently djem so can be done by ppl that wield two weapons
The Bastion - Descension
Vigilax - Guardian

TalonVII
12.30.2012 , 09:52 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TwistedTony View Post
yeah but thats not the point that im making, im proving that apparently djem so can be done by ppl that wield two weapons
no, you simply cannot generate enough strength for attack AND defense. Because Djem So, is not just about using your strength for attacking, it's also about using that overwhelming strength for defense then over power your attacker with your own followups.

No, djem so I don't think can be adapted well for two saber combat.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy