Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rules of looting blatendly disregarded?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Rules of looting blatendly disregarded?

bahdasz
12.28.2012 , 06:17 PM | #11
I personally don't see any rules, I see options. Please post the rules regarding looting from the EULA if you find them, thanks.

VigDiath
12.28.2012 , 06:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
Did you actually ask the person about that? I needed on a strength lightsaber once on my sage (I didn't read carefully enough), saw the mara need on it too and immediately went, oh crap, that wasn't for me was it? I won the roll and started a trade with him right away. No fuss, no muss.

Sadly, if I hadn't said anything, I don't think he would have either - I think he would have gone away angry about the 'ninja' even though I may just not have realized it. And had I not seen him need on it, I wouldn't have realized it until later when I went to equip it (so him just saying 'hey, that was for my class' would have fixed the whole thing).
I didn't. Each roll that the Operative got (I said smuggler earlier...I have too many toons lol) everyone but me rolled greed on it. I normally pass gear if it is something someone obviously needs. So the Juggernaut and the Mara both rolled 'greed' on gear that dropped for our Operative in the group. Which is fine. The last drop, he selected 'need' on. To me that was a sign that he was:
A. Pissed that no gear he needed dropped
B. He really needed that gear for his companion.

Last time it happened in the Maelstrom Prison while I was on my Smuggler, I did say something. That time as I normally do, I selected 'pass' on anything I myself couldn't use and since I was the only Smuggler, 'need' on the stuff I could use. The one thing I actually needed was the Jacket that comes from that FP and the Sentinel selected 'need' on it. I called him out for it that time. This time, I decided I'm gonna start ignoring people who do that and my one of my wife's level 50 toons run the FP with me lol. Breeze through the content and get ALL the gear drops lol.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

VigDiath
12.28.2012 , 06:22 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
I personally don't see any rules, I see options. Please post the rules regarding looting from the EULA if you find them, thanks.
You're right. No rules, just common courtesy which is obviously not so common anymore.

BobaTed
12.28.2012 , 10:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by internaty View Post
There called social rules.
The only difference between social rules and laws is that you cant get punished for breaking a social rule.
That's a pretty big difference, don't you think?

BobaTed
12.28.2012 , 10:53 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
You're right. No rules, just common courtesy which is obviously not so common anymore.
The game's mechanics not only allow, but encourage, selfish behavior. Any system of courtesy or etiquette that tries to counter this fact is only so much wet tissue paper.

bahdasz
12.29.2012 , 05:31 AM | #16
Human nature is human nature. And in today's society greed > decensy 99/100 times. Take a serious look at all the problems around the world right now, what's the main driver most of the time?

Morality is relative

internaty
12.29.2012 , 07:42 AM | #17
Human nature is human nature. And in today's society greed > decensy 99/100 times. Take a serious look at all the problems around the world right now, what's the main driver most of the time?

Morality is relative
Lets not go there.
If we had to fix everything socialty is doing wrong we might as while start world war 3.
It is alot quiker.
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.

Zekim
12.29.2012 , 08:27 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Common courtesy tends to go out the window in an environment where you wont get your a$&* beat for your actions. - author unknown.

VigDiath
12.29.2012 , 12:06 PM | #19

Morality is relative
Good thing my actions are not influenced by society but rather by how I prefer to treat people and would like to be treated by people.

TheBBP
12.29.2012 , 12:11 PM | #20
It is a simple matter of courtesy and decency. There are selfish people running around the game that have neither of those things. It is not an issue that is exclusive to new players.