Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Rules of looting blatendly disregarded?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Rules of looting blatendly disregarded?

internaty's Avatar


internaty
12.28.2012 , 01:25 PM | #1
I am seeing this more and more.
People ninjalooting stuff for alts, companions, because there new.
etc etc etc.

While i know this isnt wow i am getting tired of losing good gear to ninja's who claim it is for there companion.

Anyone else bother by this anoying excuees to jusify ninjalooting?
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.

BradTheImpaler's Avatar


BradTheImpaler
12.28.2012 , 03:15 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by internaty View Post
I am seeing this more and more.
People ninjalooting stuff for alts, companions, because there new.
etc etc etc.

While i know this isnt wow i am getting tired of losing good gear to ninja's who claim it is for there companion.

Anyone else bother by this anoying excuees to jusify ninjalooting?
It's less of a rule and more of a custom. Meaning people who do that aren't breaking any rules, they're just being rude.

I haven't seen it happen much, though, because I usually pick up loot before anyone can grab it from under me. You snooze, you lose!
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

Lordmird's Avatar


Lordmird
12.28.2012 , 03:56 PM | #3
Even worse when you've been grinding the same flashpoint for hours, trying to get that one item (say light armor), and then a (say heavy armor class) hits "need", and wins the item.
"Who dares wins" "By Strength and Guile" "Per Mare, Per Terram" "Utrinque Paratus" Her Majesty's best
Could you do it?

uniz's Avatar


uniz
12.28.2012 , 04:20 PM | #4
doesnt just happen from new players. older ones are far worse imo. there is a difference between not knowing and not caring.

VigDiath's Avatar


VigDiath
12.28.2012 , 04:52 PM | #5
Happened to me just yesterday on Cademimu. I was using my sorc healer. Anytime loot dropped that wasn't something I could use, I would just "pass". Everything came up with Cunning which was perfect for the smuggler in the group. The other two, a Sentinel and a Guardian didn't get anything either. Last drop is a lightsaber with Willpower main stat. The guardian needs it.

I'm done. No more PUGs for me. I'm ok with not getting drops in lowbie FPs like that. I'm not ok with people needing on gear they can't use or intend on using for a companion. Also keep in mind, the Knight's companion does have WP as a main stat but cannot use a single blade lightsaber to be effective.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

BobaTed's Avatar


BobaTed
12.28.2012 , 05:23 PM | #6
No rules were disregarded. Just an unenforceable etiquette that is at odds with the game mechanics.

internaty's Avatar


internaty
12.28.2012 , 05:54 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaTed View Post
No rules were disregarded. Just an unenforceable etiquette that is at odds with the game mechanics.
There called social rules.
The only difference between social rules and laws is that you cant get punished for breaking a social rule.
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.

Athena-Nike's Avatar


Athena-Nike
12.28.2012 , 05:56 PM | #8
I'll just repeat part of what I posted in another thread on this:

Quote:
People can only think of themselves and not others. Yes you took time to run the FP, you deserve your items, but so did the others that ran it and they deserve theirs just as much. Unless you can solo the FP you NEED THEIR HELP so respect them.

I am not telling you how you HAVE to act just how you should. No I cannot force someone to be thoughtful and courteous but I can encourage that behavior and /kick or /ignore those that wish not to act like human beings and/or adults. That is my choice. So yes you can need roll everything just to be a selfish a** but everyone else in that group can /votekick and/or /ignore you. So ask yourself, is need rolling that one comp item worth missing out on the rest of the FP loot (that you may ACTUALLY NEED) and dealing with ever increasing queue times due to being mass ignored

Prettyevilish's Avatar


Prettyevilish
12.28.2012 , 06:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Happened to me just yesterday on Cademimu. I was using my sorc healer. Anytime loot dropped that wasn't something I could use, I would just "pass". Everything came up with Cunning which was perfect for the smuggler in the group. The other two, a Sentinel and a Guardian didn't get anything either. Last drop is a lightsaber with Willpower main stat. The guardian needs it.

I'm done. No more PUGs for me. I'm ok with not getting drops in lowbie FPs like that. I'm not ok with people needing on gear they can't use or intend on using for a companion. Also keep in mind, the Knight's companion does have WP as a main stat but cannot use a single blade lightsaber to be effective.
Did you actually ask the person about that? I needed on a strength lightsaber once on my sage (I didn't read carefully enough), saw the mara need on it too and immediately went, oh crap, that wasn't for me was it? I won the roll and started a trade with him right away. No fuss, no muss.

Sadly, if I hadn't said anything, I don't think he would have either - I think he would have gone away angry about the 'ninja' even though I may just not have realized it. And had I not seen him need on it, I wouldn't have realized it until later when I went to equip it (so him just saying 'hey, that was for my class' would have fixed the whole thing).

internaty's Avatar


internaty
12.28.2012 , 06:02 PM | #10
In short yes.

Unless you punish bad behavior it will just grow.

Also that stupid jedi knight ninjalooted the best jedi sage headgear in the game.....
And rerunning mealstrom prision isnt something i consider fun.
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.