Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting both 311 and 310 errors when instaling patch.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Getting both 311 and 310 errors when instaling patch.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GaidenGuy
12.28.2012 , 07:11 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Ok, well good to have that checked. Can you post up (within [spoiler] tags if possible)the newest parts of your updated launcher log. It might help to see its updates from the steps you have tried.

Also, can you please take the steps on this link and post up (again within spoiler tags) a traceroute and pathping.
When I tried geting the tracetoute and pathping it aid access is denied both times

Beruthien
12.28.2012 , 07:15 PM | #22 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings GaidenGuy,

When doing the traceroute and pathping, please make sure that you run cmd as administrator. This should stop the error from occurring.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

GaidenGuy
12.28.2012 , 07:24 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings GaidenGuy,

When doing the traceroute and pathping, please make sure that you run cmd as administrator. This should stop the error from occurring.

Thank you!
I'm the only user on my account so I'm pretty sure I'm an administrator and its not working.

This whole problem can't be because I'm using Windows 8 can it?

Beruthien
12.28.2012 , 07:29 PM | #24 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings GaidenGuy,

Well Windows 8 is not officially supported, but I do not believe this is the issue here.

Regarding the pathping and traceroute, could you please check that when you open the Run command that there is a line below the Open box that states "This task will be created with admin. privileges"?

Thank you!

GaidenGuy
12.28.2012 , 07:34 PM | #25
Greetings GaidenGuy,

Well Windows 8 is not officially supported, but I do not believe this is the issue here.

Regarding the pathping and traceroute, could you please check that when you open the Run command that there is a line below the Open box that states "This task will be created with admin. privileges"?

Thank you!
Nope I don't see that, how would I be able to run it as an administrator then?

Beruthien
12.28.2012 , 07:43 PM | #26 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings GaidenGuy,

This is a bit different in Windows 8, but these should be the steps to get cmd to run as administrator.

Press Windows+Q, this should bring up a search function. In this search function type in cmd, once the result is found right click on the cmd. This should bring up a selection menu at the bottom of your screen from where you should be able to select Run as administrator.

I hope this helps!

GaidenGuy
12.28.2012 , 07:55 PM | #27
Greetings GaidenGuy,

This is a bit different in Windows 8, but these should be the steps to get cmd to run as administrator.

Press Windows+Q, this should bring up a search function. In this search function type in cmd, once the result is found right click on the cmd. This should bring up a selection menu at the bottom of your screen from where you should be able to select Run as administrator.

I hope this helps!
Here we go! Traceroute:
Spoiler

And pathping:

Spoiler

I hope this helped in some way.

KesperNorth
12.28.2012 , 07:59 PM | #28
I'm getting this too and have been for several days. I've followed all the steps in this thread, and it's quite frustrating!

Could there be a routing issue at work that isn't specific to anyone installation, since this is affecting multiple customers?

KesperNorth
12.28.2012 , 08:04 PM | #29
Oh, and my tracert and pathping results look similar to the OP's.

Beruthien
12.28.2012 , 08:28 PM | #30 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings GaidenGuy,

Nothing looks off from these results.

Could you please do a Clean Boot and then try the patching process again?

@KesperNorth, could you please try this as well? If the issue remains please also post your launcher log.

Thanks!