Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting both 311 and 310 errors when instaling patch.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Getting both 311 and 310 errors when instaling patch.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GaidenGuy
12.28.2012 , 01:20 PM | #1
I keep looking up how to fix this but I cannot find any way to get rid of this error. I'm downloading the game on a new laptop but it is simply not letting patch the game. Is there any sure work around?

Beesodd
12.28.2012 , 01:31 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi GaidenGuy,

These are usually caused by a connection issue, either due to a problem with the settings for a connection or a block due to another program.

To check for the latter, please restart the machine in Safe Mode with Networking, and see if you still encounter the same problem.

For the former, there's a few things to check. Try flushing DNS (Open the command prompt and enter: ipconfig /flushdns), and check that you aren't using: a proxy, VPN, traffic management software, a modified hosts file or a 3rd party DNS resolutioin service. All of these will need to have been set up and should not be present by default, so if you haven't set them up, they're probably not present.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Genuine
12.28.2012 , 01:55 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi GaidenGuy,

These are usually caused by a connection issue, either due to a problem with the settings for a connection or a block due to another program.

To check for the latter, please restart the machine in Safe Mode with Networking, and see if you still encounter the same problem.

For the former, there's a few things to check. Try flushing DNS (Open the command prompt and enter: ipconfig /flushdns), and check that you aren't using: a proxy, VPN, traffic management software, a modified hosts file or a 3rd party DNS resolutioin service. All of these will need to have been set up and should not be present by default, so if you haven't set them up, they're probably not present.
wow a response from an error post any chance of getting a response on the others errors loads off ppl are having ?
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

GaidenGuy
12.28.2012 , 02:03 PM | #4
Hi GaidenGuy,

I've tried both options and I'm still getting an error. What else can be done?

GaidenGuy
12.28.2012 , 02:39 PM | #5
Also, has this happened to other people as well? And has it been fixed before??

Beesodd
12.28.2012 , 03:06 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Various 310, 311 and other errors have occured for players before, alright, but for a variety of reasons. Hunting down the exact cause of your issue will be the tricky part.

For the next step, can you create a new Windows User Profile, and see if the issue re-occurs when you try to play in this profile?

If this has no effect, can you post up a copy of your most recent launcher logs, they may help.

You can find your launcher logs at one of these default locations:

- For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
or
- For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs

Launcher logs look like this: “launcher_112610.txt”

Thanks.

GaidenGuy
12.28.2012 , 04:32 PM | #7
I tried other profiles and still nothing. Here are my logs:

Spoiler
[Added spoiler tags- CS]

Beesodd
12.28.2012 , 05:10 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thank you.

First of all, if you haven't done so already, please try power cycling your router.

If this has no effect, please navigate to the game folder and delete the .version files that can be found there (be sure to back them up first, just in case) and see if that makes any difference.

GaidenGuy
12.28.2012 , 05:20 PM | #9
Thank you.

First of all, if you haven't done so already, please try power cycling your router.

If this has no effect, please navigate to the game folder and delete the .version files that can be found there (be sure to back them up first, just in case) and see if that makes any difference.
I've power cycled the router and deleted those files and still I'm getting the same error.

Beesodd
12.28.2012 , 05:28 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Ok, we need to go deeper.

Firstly, if you have Java installed on your machine, please ensure it's up to date.
Then, ensuring that you have the launcher closed and gone from your Processes list in Task Manager, go back to the game directory and delete the following files:
- "Patch" folder
- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders
- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")
- the previously mentioned .version files
- "Launcher.settings" file
- "Launcher.exe" file

Then download the setup file from www.swtor.com/download and run this over your existing install.