Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You can't do what?? Come on guys..really??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
You can't do what?? Come on guys..really??

ZRated
12.28.2012 , 06:15 AM | #1
So... I sent a petition a couple days ago asking that you return a sum of money that I had sent to the wrong character....

Since the server swap, I had to change the name of one of my alts.... I simply put an 'X" after the name. By accident I had sent money to my alt but forgot the "x"...

I asked that the money be sent back to me or to my alt.... Today I get an in-game email from customer service saying they can't fix this....and that if the money is not claimed by this "other" me I sent it to by accident after 30 days it will be sent back to me.. I was told that CSC cannot intervene with email system...

Are you kidding me?? What can you do other than copy and paste replies to me?? This is the first game I have seen where an email mistake cannot be corrected...

So.... in the long run I am out in-game credits..... which isn't even real money... You are telling me I have to spend hours to get the money back?? I understand it is my mistake....but then again... had I been able to keep the name I had for a year in the first place.....it wouldn't have happened....
I don't have anything cool and cheesy to put here... I'll leave that to everyone else...

Biteron
12.28.2012 , 07:58 AM | #2
So, you made a big mistake, lost a lot of credits and expect customer service will fix it?

You can't be serious. But if you are, good luck with that, kiddo.
"You're a disease - and I'm the cure."

- Stallone Cobra

ZRated
12.28.2012 , 09:38 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Biteron View Post
So, you made a big mistake, lost a lot of credits and expect customer service will fix it?

You can't be serious. But if you are, good luck with that, kiddo.
No one was talking to you man. .
I don't have anything cool and cheesy to put here... I'll leave that to everyone else...

Neosamuel
12.28.2012 , 09:44 PM | #4
It should not even be a hard problem to fix. They could just go through your email log, see that you sent the credits, check your account's characters to ensure it was an honest mistake, and then send the credits back to you.
Sith Sorcerer
(((((((({=}[[ Now teach me how to make a Lightsaber Sig.

Stoofa
12.29.2012 , 10:03 AM | #5
Then everyone who fancies a little scamming opens up a ticket saying something along the same lines. Then CS have to investigate every single one to see if it's a legitimate claim or a scam.
Difficult to tell in a lot of cases - you really may have wanted to send credits to someone, alternatively it maybe that somebody was going to send you an item for free (that was worth millions).
Then it's time to check the chat logs for the past 7 days.......

.....sure, it was a mistake, but one I doubt the CS department have got time to go and check.

Biteron
12.29.2012 , 07:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ZRated View Post
No one was talking to you man. .
If you post something around here, you're talking to the community (yes, that means everyone).

I read your post, and I saw a kid who made a mistake and is whinning about it and begging for customer service to fix it. Problem is, they already have more problems to fix that they can handle, and you're asking to do something for your benefit, and yours only. Seriously, stop being a spoiled child.

And with that attitude ( "mimimi, I wasnt talking too you"), you're just proving my point.

- Stallone Cobra

Feartheswans
12.29.2012 , 09:02 PM | #7
It sounds to me that they Replied to you.

They said No.

N

O

NO

They said No we cannot interfere with the Mail System.

It is not their fault you sent stuff to the Wrong Person no more than the Post office is not Liable for you not putting the correct address on an envelope.

You will either have to Hope the person you did send the credits to is Honest and sends them back to you. Or hope that they are inactive and the credits return to you after 30 Days.

It sucks, but that is just the way it is.

ZRated
12.29.2012 , 09:57 PM | #8
Well, aside from the haters... never hurts to open a ticket. For those of you who seem to want to flame for the mistake... you should write a book on how to be perfect.. For someone to take time out of their perfect world to actually reply to my original post..you have to be needing some attention.... This post was for Cust. Serv.

Zergnaut
12.29.2012 , 10:20 PM | #9
Well, aside from the haters... never hurts to open a ticket. For those of you who seem to want to flame for the mistake... you should write a book on how to be perfect.. For someone to take time out of their perfect world to actually reply to my original post..you have to be needing some attention.... This post was for Cust. Serv.
Do not give us that trash. You opened a thread pissed off that customer service could not fix your issue. You accidentally mailed your stuff to the wrong guy. Keywoed here beingb"you". If it was a glitch in the game most of us would completely side with you. The problem was this was an accident you made. I love how people try to shift the blame when they make mistakes. On top of that get mad at others for not fixing their mistakes. What a crazy world we live in huh?
Sith Warrior (Juggernaut) Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer)

The Sith Always Return. Darkness is necessary for there to be light .

Biteron
12.31.2012 , 11:52 AM | #10
Let me explain to you how the forums work (in case you really don't know the obvious): a forum is used to gather people to discuss about a specific subject. This particular CS forum gathers CS employees and players to discuss the game issues. So is very common (and expected) that players having the same issues gather in a specific thread to demand a solution, or to share information about the glitches and stuff.

But when someone fills the forum with a thread containing a useless complaint like yours, he/she is only wasting CS time. And if you didn't want to share your problem with your fellow players, you should've emailed CS or called them. But since you posted here, deal with the replies like a grown up (if you really are one... if not, you shouldn't play this game).

And about your mistake, kiddo, you know well we all make mistakes. I do a lot of crappy stuff in-game that I regret, all the time. The difference is, I don't try to put the blame of my mistakes in others and cry in a forum about it.

- Stallone Cobra