Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM waste of time

lironBD
12.30.2012 , 04:51 PM | #31
after checking a bit war hero got better mods then rakta (mostly) so to fail in war hero gear is pretty bad issue of L2P.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

Ottoattack
12.30.2012 , 08:09 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by ladwar View Post
simplely not true, i have done with guildmates in 16minutes and not a one of us use stealth.
i agree that going with guild helps as the chance of getting 2 sents with 13k hp each with a 11k guardian tank without a shield in a dps stance is really low and yes i seen groups like that for this flashpoint. if they don't get the fight 3rd time around start asking ur guild or friends for a replacement as 4th or 5th is just a waste. but i would highly suggest that anyone turning 50 alteast take a good monent to read up on this flashpoint before even thinking of que for this becuase the gear help but not as much as knowing they fights.
I did not know level 50 guardians with 11K HP existed! I guess there is a first time for everything!

FlyinSpaghetti
12.31.2012 , 12:42 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by sang View Post
Most of the time I try to be nice and help explain mechanics and stuff to people, but sometimes you can't cure stupid/bad. Yesterday, as an example, I was tanking LI HM on my Jugg alt (full 61s augmented) and was put into a LI already in progress on the second boss. I get in, make sure everyone knows the mechanics, which pipe console they are going to, etc. I then pull the boss and within a matter of minutes proceed to die. Three pulls later and it is quite apparent our healer is terrible. I talk to him about it to help his rotation (my first main was an op healer), but he still keeps failing. Upon closer inspection, I realize he is in full war hero with some elite war hero gear. I make the comment that this might be easier if he was in PvE gear, but he then responds by telling me I'm stupid and why would he want a few extra stats when he could get the player healing bonus provided by expertise. I almost facepalmed in disbelief of the stupidity. I tried to explain that's not how expertise worked, but he wouldn't hear any of it. Perhaps the worst part of all this is that LI HM can be healed in WH with partial EWH pieces if the healer is actually good. Unfortunately, this guy was both bad and dumb.
1/ War hero can be good enough for EC HM, while I don't personally agree it should be that's another argument. The fact is it's good enough for a lot of tough end game content including LI HM, even better than the columi you described as good enough.

2/ The healer was probably on about the set bonus you get with PvP gear is better than the set bonus PvE gear provides for his class. Now with BM gear (for the shells) gone I could see a lot of ops/scoundrels taking up war hero instead.

And finally, are you sure it was the healers fault or was he just an easy scapegoat to pick considering you all died and he couldn't keep you up? I've played all three roles of this flashpoint now. and by doing so not only I see where other people go wrong but where I did in the past too. My first commando heal run of LI HM was interesting, we had a few wipes and I was worrying that my healing wasn't good enough due to running out of resources trying to keep everyone up especially on sav rak. Then one of the dps quit, a new one joined and all of a sudden any issues I had with healing went away and we nailed the flashpoint without a wipe or death after that.

How was that? Because that DPS who left was getting hit hard and taking too much damage (for whatever reason) and trying just to keep him alive was putting myself out of resources and that chain effect affects the rest of the group. Maybe it goes further than that and is an agro issue due to no guard off the tank but the new dps that joined didn't have any issues so he probably just wasn't being careful.

At the end of the day there could be a number of factors to consider as to why a group fails, if everyone dies quickly it's not always the healers fault.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Ephesia
12.31.2012 , 03:10 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
I did not know level 50 guardians with 11K HP existed! I guess there is a first time for everything!
you probably can as a f2p because you have only 1 crew skill which could be a gathering once and you haven't done flashpoints since obviously for a f2p player they are limited, he's probably in full greens and without relics.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

ZeroPlus
12.31.2012 , 04:45 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
you probably can as a f2p because you have only 1 crew skill which could be a gathering once and you haven't done flashpoints since obviously for a f2p player they are limited, he's probably in full greens and without relics.
Just a quick note: F2P are not limited ot the "number" of Flashpoints they can run. They can run Flashpoints just as much as a subscriber. They are limited in 2 ways:
1) They can only roll on loot in a FlashPoint 3 times per week. (In other words: if they "pass" on loot (close the loot window without rolling) they don't consume a loot roll; if they press "greed" or "need" they consume one of their loot rolls (win or lose).)
2) They cannot equip artifact (purple) gear.

In light of that, even as a F2P player you can be wearing custom (orange) gear with prototype (blue) mods. You can also equip prototype (blue) relics.

The thing is though that the level 50 and Hard mode FPs reward mostly artifact gear, so unless they purchase the "artifact gear unlock" they will never be able to wear any of the gear at end-game (or any gear of artifact quality).

As such, they have no business being in HM LI because:
1) By default HM Lost Island is not selected in the Group Finder as it is a Tier 2 HM.
2) The Tier 2 HM section in Group Finder clearly indicates that it requires an average rating of 136 gear to be done.
3) While they can be geared for the Tier 1 HM Flashpoints (orange gear with rating 124 mods from the Daily heroics, and rating 126 mods from the Daily Commendations) they cannot equip the necessary gear to be able to reach the 136 rating required for Tier 2 HMs.
4) They cannot equip any of the gear that drops in HM LI becasue it is all artifact quality.4

(Hmmm... that turned out to be more than a "quick note"... )
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Lutese
12.31.2012 , 05:59 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by sang View Post
As many have said before, LI is the fastest HM FP when done with a good group and the easiest way to get the 5 BH comms from the GF daily. My guild solely runs LI HM for our GF daily multiple times a day (most of us have at least two 50s in at least 61+ gear). The big problem I see, as many have mentioned, is inexperienced or vastly undergeared players.

LI HM can absolutely be completed in columi if the group actually full knows and understands the mechanics of the fights. Part of the problem is that there are so many people who have gone into LI HM and have been carried through. When my guild runs 3 person GF q's we usually have a tank, dps, and healer. On more than one occasion, the second "random" dps would die during the first two bosses. Instead, of wiping and waiting for them, we usually just continue on and kill the boss ourselves. Even if the 4th or 3rd member of our group isn't that bad, there is often quite a bit going on that we as a partial guild group are taking care of.

Most of the time I try to be nice and help explain mechanics and stuff to people, but sometimes you can't cure stupid/bad. Yesterday, as an example, I was tanking LI HM on my Jugg alt (full 61s augmented) and was put into a LI already in progress on the second boss. I get in, make sure everyone knows the mechanics, which pipe console they are going to, etc. I then pull the boss and within a matter of minutes proceed to die. Three pulls later and it is quite apparent our healer is terrible. I talk to him about it to help his rotation (my first main was an op healer), but he still keeps failing. Upon closer inspection, I realize he is in full war hero with some elite war hero gear. I make the comment that this might be easier if he was in PvE gear, but he then responds by telling me I'm stupid and why would he want a few extra stats when he could get the player healing bonus provided by expertise. I almost facepalmed in disbelief of the stupidity. I tried to explain that's not how expertise worked, but he wouldn't hear any of it. Perhaps the worst part of all this is that LI HM can be healed in WH with partial EWH pieces if the healer is actually good. Unfortunately, this guy was both bad and dumb.
I healed LI HM on my Smuggler healer who had JUST dinged 50 an hour earlier wearing Recruit PvP gear. (The old Recruit gear, not the much better MK-2 we have now)

Gear helps, but it is the player sitting at the keyboard that matters the most.

Ephesia
12.31.2012 , 10:31 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Lutese View Post
I healed LI HM on my Smuggler healer who had JUST dinged 50 an hour earlier wearing Recruit PvP gear. (The old Recruit gear, not the much better MK-2 we have now)

Gear helps, but it is the player sitting at the keyboard that matters the most.
your group's gear level matters a lot too, yours is a very good accomplishment but it also begs the question about the gear level of the rest of the group.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Gwence
12.31.2012 , 12:50 PM | #38
LI gets way too easy when you go with over geared people

last time I did it a few days ago tank didn't even bother dodging the satchles and I had no problem healing through it heh

this FP was way more fun the first few times I did it not being overgeared at all as a healer

also I dont know why people think lorrik is hard at all, it's the easiest boss in the FP imo. If you're struggling with him you probably have some ****** dps in group, I've only ever done LI through the group finder and I've never ever ever went past 3 kolto tanks, and most of the time only 2. Aka phase 1 with the poison circles he stops when the kolto tanks stop.

Eyesmindassassin
01.01.2013 , 12:51 AM | #39
LI HM is all about mechanics. I cleared it on a freshly dinged Op healer in Tionese/Recruit no problem.

Farstrider
01.01.2013 , 02:24 AM | #40
To the OP,

You need to add 'for me' to your post title.

LI HM is certainly not a 'waste of time' for everyone, I run it atleast once a week for the weekly BH marks, I am not well geared and have never run an Operation, but LI is not hard, you just need to observe the mechanics and possibly group with players you know or make sure everyone understands the fights involved, sure, wipes will happen, but coming to the forums and stating such a subjective opinion will only get you 'L2Pd'....