Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM waste of time

lironBD
12.26.2012 , 07:16 PM | #1
the time it takes to get through that FP on hm is same like doing 5 time KP or EV.
this FP is utter waste of time.. after doing it once and getting useless loot for it.

I went through LI HM about 5 times now with a tank and an healer... each time it's at least one wipe on LR-5 and 2 wipes at least on Dr Lorrik.

This just frustrating quest as it's gets.

even kephess final boss fight on EC was easier then this one.

what's the point?

and worst part is the human factor.. try to explain to people not to walk on the circle as they'll get a DOT... damn someone got it 12 times in one try of Dr L.

utter waste of time.

and gear factor I got mix from columi (2\3 parts) upto campaign gear.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

Ephesia
12.26.2012 , 08:36 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
the time it takes to get through that FP on hm is same like doing 5 time KP or EV.
this FP is utter waste of time.. after doing it once and getting useless loot for it.

I went through LI HM about 5 times now with a tank and an healer... each time it's at least one wipe on LR-5 and 2 wipes at least on Dr Lorrik.

what's the point?

and worst part is the human factor.. try to explain to people not to walk on the circle as they'll get a DOT... damn someone got it 12 times in one try of Dr L.

utter waste of time.

Heh, it's one of the short flashpoints actually, easily completable in 20 minutes, while a EV / KP run can easily net you 40 minutes.

My advice to you would be to read the fights and watch videos, the bosses you mention are quite easy now. If the player factor is the case try to help them out, if they are beyond help kick them. We all have to go through with this.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

lironBD
12.26.2012 , 09:16 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
If the player factor is the case try to help them out, if they are beyond help kick them. We all have to go through with this.

This.

people do stupid things like playing tanks without shield :X

ckoneful
12.26.2012 , 10:49 PM | #4
This.

people do stupid things like playing tanks without shield :X
Had a Full Rakata DPS in dps spec, in tank stance, with no shield generator trying to tank LI HM... Same tank I got in EV SM 10 minutes before and they got 2 shotted by the lava/stompy guy whose name evades me at this moment. We couldn't do any bosses with them at all. It was completely awful...

Now on topic: You have to teach people, the people doing it without friends are generally people who have never done it before. I usually give people 2-3 attempts to improve, if they don't I kick them. After fully explaining what they need to do or watch out for of course.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

Karasuko
12.26.2012 , 11:04 PM | #5

what's the point?

utter waste of time.

20 minutes for my 5 daily BH comms and half of my weekly is not too bad .
Just group with better players.

lironBD
12.27.2012 , 02:35 AM | #6
one of my major problems is I have to pug my way via GF,
when I manage to get my guildies it's rofl'somp all the way, but pugs mostly looks like this:
I join the game and they are near the first "boss" without and healer/tank, the tank will probably have no shield, there will Always be one dps with crappy gear and less then 14K hp (try to heal that :X ) and next but worst they will never listen... I mean if there is a circle on the ground RUN but no... they love that spot.
and yesterday the shield-less tank run we managed to get to dr L but he just got something like 4 bombs in "I have few tricks" part.. then people were collecting debuffs from the circles like some pokemons.

the options are:
1. do LI HM once a week with guildies.
2. try to pug and risk 50K - 100K repair costs + lots of time wasted on wipes :X

Griad
12.27.2012 , 03:57 AM | #7
I think that the fastest we have ever done this instance was around 16 min give and take a few min. Depends alot on class composition and if people actually know the instance.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

theblaznee
12.27.2012 , 04:05 AM | #8
The only way it's remotely doable in less than 20 minutes is with 4 stealthers.

A decent group takes about 22-25 minutes.. Try to actually time it from the time it pops, untill you're actually through it.

And for the OP, if you don't enjoy it, don't play it.. And it's just plain stupid to say LI HM is harder than EC SM..

It also kinda sounds like you don't know you can cleanse the dot on the last fight in there.. When I'm there as a healer I click through everyone now and then and cleanse the dot.. I'm pretty sure I can do that flashpoint without a tank even.
Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness!

Fight hard, die well!

Loladarulz
12.27.2012 , 04:13 AM | #9
I've done it yesterday with my guildmates in 30ish minutes. I had tionese Guardian tank, they were all well geared - mostly BH. I died once at robot boss at the end - but they did manage to finish him off. Died one more time stupidly at trash mobs. One of the members was Jedi Sentinel so I got 2-3 columi items and Rakata Chest at the end.

Quite fast run, got lots of good gear = LI HM is great HM.

Griad
12.27.2012 , 04:24 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by theblaznee View Post
The only way it's remotely doable in less than 20 minutes is with 4 stealthers.

A decent group takes about 22-25 minutes.. Try to actually time it from the time it pops, untill you're actually through it.

And for the OP, if you don't enjoy it, don't play it.. And it's just plain stupid to say LI HM is harder than EC SM..

It also kinda sounds like you don't know you can cleanse the dot on the last fight in there.. When I'm there as a healer I click through everyone now and then and cleanse the dot.. I'm pretty sure I can do that flashpoint without a tank even.
Thats what i mean about class composition.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse