Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why people solo when they can group?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Why people solo when they can group?

errant_knight
12.29.2012 , 10:01 PM | #61
I play in character and see all the missions as part of my character's life and experiences, so I like to be able to make those decisions based on his/her beliefs most of the time, rather than a roll of the dice. I occasionally group for sidequests, but generally with those I rp with or in my guild. I DO group randomly for heroics and if someone asks to group for those will generally agree, but as others have noted, not if people don't whisper to me first. My assumption on getting an invite with no communication is that the person isn't very good at communicating, which tends to make for a poor group play experience, or that they're randomly looking for help with something which may not even be on the same planet.

deljavimlg
12.30.2012 , 12:48 PM | #62
i dont like the groups and the guilds. i like this game because it have a lot of thinfgs for solo people.

Nigredo
12.30.2012 , 03:05 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by internaty View Post
This really bug's mo.

When i am in a area questing and i see someone doing the EXACT same quest i useall invite them.
It offer's both of us extra xp and we dont fight over mobs.

But 90% of the time i get diclined.

Why?

Even if your not interested in turning in the quest togather grouping at the very least allow for mob sharing.

So explain to me why people outright refuse to group for a couple of min get the rewards then leave:S

It just doesnt make sense.
Aside from the obvious if I'm out questing and Darth/Master [Insert stupid name] sends me a invite out of the blue i will reject it.

bahdasz
12.31.2012 , 08:55 AM | #64
When you don't group, there's no chance of this happening!

Sweet irony

Akiviri
12.31.2012 , 12:26 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
When you don't group, there's no chance of this happening!

Sweet irony
BWAAHAHAHA!!

Good catch

Tadache
12.31.2012 , 01:21 PM | #66
I solo while questing because I like playing at my own pace. I get interrupted a lot, so I don't want to feel guilty stepping away for a few minutes. Also, I like to get lost in my own little world when playing. Having to interact with others is not top on my priority list.

Also, just because the game is presented in an MMO format does not mean those of us who like to play solo should go find a solo game. If this game were offered in a solo version, I'd probably play it. But, then again, I like to play healers, so when I'm in the mood to play with others, I ask guildies or use the group finder to pop into a flashpoint.

It's very narrow minded to think that just because a game offers multi-person play, everyone should play in groups.

MACHETE_
12.31.2012 , 02:06 PM | #67
Solo and group has its pros and cons. Some missions are easier to perform by myself on the other hand some missions need the help of others. The only real reason i join a group is to gain social points which are needed. I never mind playing with other but i agree i can't even tell you how many times I've performed missions next to someone who has the same mission. pointless really because we could be getting social points but oh well..

Lastsonkal
12.31.2012 , 02:11 PM | #68
The random group invites I always tend to decline. Simply because there's no greeting before hand. It's like someone just walking with you as you shop. I don't know you and you're hanging on me as if I do. Plus in other MMOs you can get random invites and someone is trying to sell you credits/gold/plat what have you.
I'll gladly group. Just say hi first. MMOs are about the community, but also the communication between it.
"Wars do not make one great."
Yoda

JohnNightWalker
01.01.2013 , 03:54 AM | #69
"That's my story. I still hate MMO genre, i came in SWTOR for story and the last thing i want to do - see anyone else in my story..."

That was my thoughts six months ago. Now i am more than welcome for other players. And when some players decline my invites i understand why.

ziphii
01.01.2013 , 04:47 PM | #70
I'm a total noob on this game, still leveling my first characters, haven't picked a main, highest character is 25. I accepted some blind group invites in the beginning... the person didn't even say what they wanted, just ran off somewhere else, or expected me to kill some mobs they needed, without talking or helping me with my quests. Pointless waste of time, especially when the quests are mostly easy. Sometimes I have problems with the end bosses for class quests and the like, but I just keep trying, or level some more and try again.