Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I was sure Boba Fett used a Blaster Rifle...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
I was sure Boba Fett used a Blaster Rifle...

TalonVII
12.29.2012 , 12:25 PM | #21
My view, most non Force using classes need a MAJOR overhaul.

it seems like the whole game was based around the sith and jedi for pvp and then tossing in the non force using classes as an afterthought and cannon fodder.

As it stands most non force using classes aren't as easy and oh crap recovery as force using is.

Again just my opinion.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler

Bouncy_Hunter
12.29.2012 , 10:19 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post

it seems like the whole game was based around the sith and jedi for pvp and then tossing in the non force using classes as an afterthought and cannon fodder.

As it stands most non force using classes aren't as easy and oh crap recovery as force using is.

Again just my opinion.
Well I completely agree with your opinion and I second that, we got thrown the scraps.

tpryan
12.30.2012 , 07:42 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
Believe it or not the class is called Bounty Hunter, not Boba Fett. If you read anything of the EU you'd know that not all bounty hunters were Boba Fett nor did they all use rifles.

It was a carbine, not a sawed-off rifle (whatever that is)

Boba Fett died like a drunken punk, I still don't know why everyone idolizes him and his poor-dicision-making "father" so much
"Many carbines are shortened rifles..."

Devil_Dogred
12.31.2012 , 03:24 PM | #24
"Boba Fett sucked, so why should we have rifles!" or "Boba Feet had a blaster rifle so I should have one too!" are both silly. The reason why we don't have blaster rifles the same reason why a lot of other classes are given very little choice in weapon styles, because if we could have many choices it would start to get down right silly. Now with that said I still think the BH Merc getting two blasters does not fit the role that well, I think it would of been better if the Merc got a blaster rifle, while the BH PT got a SMG like weapon.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." -- battlebug

Vego_Mohenjo
01.03.2013 , 06:36 PM | #25
Well, let's see...

Boba Fett - Sawed off blaster rifle.
IG-88 - Blaster rifle.
Bossk - Blaster rifle.
Dengar - HUGE blaster rifle.
Zuckuss - blaster rifle.
4-LOM - blaster rifle.

Seems like a lot of bounty hunters (ALL of them in Empire Strikes Back, in fact) use rifles. ONLY Jango Fett was shown using pistols.

Griad
01.04.2013 , 07:46 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Vego_Mohenjo View Post
Well, let's see...

Boba Fett - Sawed off blaster rifle.
IG-88 - Blaster rifle.
Bossk - Blaster rifle.
Dengar - HUGE blaster rifle.
Zuckuss - blaster rifle.
4-LOM - blaster rifle.

Seems like a lot of bounty hunters (ALL of them in Empire Strikes Back, in fact) use rifles. ONLY Jango Fett was shown using pistols.
Jango was a little more cool "movie wise" than Bobba, maybe not in EU but in the movies he was.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

Never_Hesitate
01.04.2013 , 07:50 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post

Again just my opinion.
The sniper, heal operative and PT do just fine, imo the only class which really needs a bit of love is the merc and the operatives dps speccs aren't that great either (the operative dps part ist just from reading, I don't have any expiriences with them in dps spec)
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
LeoniŽ&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa

_gideon
01.04.2013 , 09:52 AM | #28
This thing is tiny.

Pistol seems about right to me.

Vego_Mohenjo
01.04.2013 , 11:34 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by _gideon View Post
This thing is tiny.

Pistol seems about right to me.
It's a pistol handle with a 2 foot barrel and a full stock. Rifle.

Echriado
01.04.2013 , 11:43 PM | #30
Bounty hunters are the masters of all weapon types. This is common knowledge. You'd be a pretty useless bounty hunter if you didn't know how to use all types of weapons. The fact that we are limited to blaster pistols is a lazy expression of Star Wars lore.

In case you guys can't understand simple mechanics.....BH's are limited to pistols for 2 reasons. BW didn't want QQ when it comes to loot mechanics. Imagine having to code in blaster rifles/sniper rifles, etc for both snipers/agents/bhs and then having to deal with the loot being sent to each respective class.

ALSO, BW is lazy and only wanted to code animations for one weapon type per class.

/endthread.