Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I was sure Boba Fett used a Blaster Rifle...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
I was sure Boba Fett used a Blaster Rifle...

arkanone
12.23.2012 , 03:29 PM | #1
Ya I don't remember him using two pistols. And since the entire coolness of the bounty hunter character DID NOT come from Jango Fett in the prequels, blaster rifles should be an option for the BH.

tpryan
12.23.2012 , 09:29 PM | #2
Boba used a sawed off blaster rifle...there are some pistols that come close to that look

Holinyx
12.24.2012 , 08:15 PM | #3
god i'm so tired of this thread.

ALOT of mercenary skills are based off two pistols. adding the rifle will totally screw that up. they will have to revamp the entire skill tree.

not gonna happen.
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

bahdasz
12.25.2012 , 01:57 PM | #4
Believe it or not the class is called Bounty Hunter, not Boba Fett. If you read anything of the EU you'd know that not all bounty hunters were Boba Fett nor did they all use rifles.

It was a carbine, not a sawed-off rifle (whatever that is)

Boba Fett died like a drunken punk, I still don't know why everyone idolizes him and his poor-dicision-making "father" so much

Ilarox
12.26.2012 , 05:20 AM | #5
Shae Vizla is the archetype character for The Old Republic's Bounty hunter class.

Shae Vizla wore Mandalorian armor of a primarily gray coloration, over a black flight suit. Her full-faced helmet differed from tradition in that it did not feature a T-shaped visor. Vizla made use of a jetpack possessing two individual thrusters that allowed her periods of sustained flight, and owned at least two blasters, including one blaster pistol that fired red bolts of plasma, that she was known to wield with deadly accuracy.

The_Duck
12.26.2012 , 10:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ilarox View Post
Shae Vizla is the archetype character for The Old Republic's Bounty hunter class.

Shae Vizla wore Mandalorian armor of a primarily gray coloration, over a black flight suit. Her full-faced helmet differed from tradition in that it did not feature a T-shaped visor. Vizla made use of a jetpack possessing two individual thrusters that allowed her periods of sustained flight, and owned at least two blasters, including one blaster pistol that fired red bolts of plasma, that she was known to wield with deadly accuracy.
yet a LOT of pictures show her with a Carbine (not that i want BHs to have Carbines)
- The Duck

RaptorClown
12.26.2012 , 04:39 PM | #7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmR1ee223zQ

8:10 but i think its jango

Henu
12.26.2012 , 05:03 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
Believe it or not the class is called Bounty Hunter, not Boba Fett. If you read anything of the EU you'd know that not all bounty hunters were Boba Fett nor did they all use rifles.

It was a carbine, not a sawed-off rifle (whatever that is)

Boba Fett died like a drunken punk, I still don't know why everyone idolizes him and his poor-dicision-making "father" so much
Yeah that bugs me too, a lot of people think Boba was the only hunter in the galaxy, they see him with the Carbine and think thats what all hunters use..
Do do think it would be nice if we could chose the weapon we use tho in game, not just ranged but melee too.
Kripty / Snips

Dabrixmgp
12.26.2012 , 05:07 PM | #9
BHs should use sniper rifles. I mean everyone in the galaxy knows you are a BH when you are walking around with a jetpack and blatantly obvious BH looking armor. Gotta be different. Which is why mine wears slave girl outfit.

UncelSam
12.27.2012 , 05:06 AM | #10
Yea I agree to that BHs should be able to use all ranged weapons. Its not gamebreaking in any way, just a diffrent skin to the weapon. And it would give the weaponsmiths more work and new clients