Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who is the Emperor?

Petrus
12.20.2011 , 08:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by darthhavok View Post
The new book "Revan" says the emperor is a young smith who used a ritual to suck ALL life and force off of the planet he was on and into his own body. This gave him immortality. It also suggests these souls are trapped inside him. The planet now is a null zone in the force. There is no life, no force, and even the light is dimmer than normal as an after affect.
The new book is total crap.

It was penned by a hack writer who never even knew about KOTOR until they cut him a check. He plays fast and lose with the facts and changes the plot of KOTOR (yes changes it) to fit his silly story.

I will strike down your heresy darthhavok, and your silly belief in Revan (the book). =)

psychogobstopper
12.20.2011 , 08:48 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Petrus View Post
It was penned by a hack writer who never even knew about KOTOR until they cut him a check. He plays fast and lose with the facts, changes the plot of KOTOR (yes changes it) to fit his silly story.
Considering he was extensively involved in the writing of the first KOTOR, I would venture that Drew Karpyshyn likely knows quite a bit more about the game than you do.

Icelus_rh
12.20.2011 , 08:50 AM | #13
Play the White Nova flashpoint....
Penumbral, Jung Ma server
Penumbral Website | Join Us! | Penumbral RP Wiki
Icelus | Officer of RP & Lore | Marauder

Nikoemos
12.20.2011 , 10:06 AM | #14
I don' really know who the Emperor is, but I know how he got to power:

Spoiler

| SWTOR :: Website :: You Tube:: COTOR |
And of course, I was in Squadron 950A

seekerofpower
12.20.2011 , 10:21 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Petrus View Post

It was penned by a hack writer who never even knew about KOTOR until they cut him a check. He plays fast and lose with the facts and changes the plot of KOTOR (yes changes it) to fit his silly story.

I will strike down your heresy darthhavok, and your silly belief in Revan (the book). =)
This is incorrect. Drew Karpyshyn wrote a large portion of the KotOR storyline. Also, he did not change the story of KotOR, they simply decided that the lightside path was cannon.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

drollzito
12.20.2011 , 11:44 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Nycoto View Post
This game is set almost 4000 years before the SW movies.

The Emperor in this game is a shadowy racial Sith character in control of the Sith Empire which is different from the Galactic Empire ruled by Emperor Palpatine aka Darth Sidious.

At this point in galactic history, the Republic is not the only government state in the SW universe. The Empire is the Sith empire wich competes with the republic on the galactic political scene. Very much like the USA and the USSR of the Cold War.

It also seems to me that the Sith are the race of people that practice a anti-Jedi religion which will later evolve into the 2 man Sith teams of the SW movies.

They say the emperor is undying, obviously a person that is sustained by the dark side resulting in an unnaturally long life.

The Galactic Empire of Emperor Palpatine is the resurrected version and goal of the original Sith Empire, hence the same type of uniforms and the same general shape of the ships.
Dood... The emperor is not a pureblooded Sith... There is just NO WAY he is...

The Pureblooded Siths were enslaved by a few Dark Jedis running away from the order... Those dark jedis called them selfs Lords of the Siths... becouse the siths were their Slaves...
After centurys they started to breed among themselfs, and the Half Breed Siths x Humans assumed the power Naga Sadow, Ludo Kresh, Marka Ragnos, so on...

Sylentmana
12.20.2011 , 12:49 PM | #17
Empire ships look like giant wedges of cheese.

Petrus
12.20.2011 , 12:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by psychogobstopper View Post
Considering he was extensively involved in the writing of the first KOTOR, I would venture that Drew Karpyshyn likely knows quite a bit more about the game than you do.
Hack. Writer.

Lammynator
12.20.2011 , 01:03 PM | #19
Possible spoiler:

Spoiler

On a side note: Darth Bane and Darth Malgus are so far my favorite Sith's. Vader may be awesome, but Episode 1-3 ruined it for me. Damn you Hayden Christensen!!!

drollzito
12.20.2011 , 01:25 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Lammynator View Post
Possible spoiler:

Spoiler

On a side note: Darth Bane and Darth Malgus are so far my favorite Sith's. Vader may be awesome, but Episode 1-3 ruined it for me. Damn you Hayden Christensen!!!
Dood, you have the time, read the Exar Kun comics...
Bane and Exar are awsome hehe