Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint Battles: Darth Ikoral vs the Prophet of Vodal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Flashpoint Battles: Darth Ikoral vs the Prophet of Vodal

Maaruin
12.23.2012 , 01:42 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I think he will, as a Sith Lord rising up against his Empire based on tradition (disgusted at TOC, aliens etc) I believe he would want to challenge the Prophet in person.
But then it could be a close fight. The Prophet has some incredibly powerful Force attacks and I think without a healer they could be dangerous even for Ikoral.

Maybe we should freeze this thread at this point and return after the holidays. I guess I won't have much time the next three days.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Maaruin
12.29.2012 , 10:38 AM | #12
A few days too late... but we could resume the discussion. In general, things look like Ikoral is winning. But the Prophet of Vodal has some devastating Force powers ("chrushing affliction" and "soul rend"). If Ikoral isn't shielded or healed by someone else, I think the Prophet could defeat/kill him in a one-on-one (if it happens in the burial chamber).

Thoughts?
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Aurbere
12.29.2012 , 12:30 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
A few days too late... but we could resume the discussion. In general, things look like Ikoral is winning. But the Prophet of Vodal has some devastating Force powers ("chrushing affliction" and "soul rend"). If Ikoral isn't shielded or healed by someone else, I think the Prophet could defeat/kill him in a one-on-one (if it happens in the burial chamber).

Thoughts?
If it does come down to one on one, I think the prophet could win. Depends if Ikoral gets his Chosen or not, I guess.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Maaruin
12.30.2012 , 10:41 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
If it does come down to one on one, I think the prophet could win. Depends if Ikoral gets his Chosen or not, I guess.
I agree on that. If Ikoral gets his Chosen, he wins for sure. If not, the Prophet has a chance.

(I think he actually would take his Chosen with him. Judging from the confrontation of Thanaton and the SI, the Kaggath has no rule against allies for this. Thanaton calls on his Cyborgs, the SI on his/her companion.)

So, all in all seems that Ikoral has the edge. Vodal could win if his followers can carry on a successful guerilla war or if Ikoral decides to engage the Prophet one-on-one. But they only have a believable chance of winning, they are not clearly superior in these areas.

Right now, Ikoral comes out on top.
-Ajunta Pall

Aurbere
12.30.2012 , 11:42 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
I agree on that. If Ikoral gets his Chosen, he wins for sure. If not, the Prophet has a chance.

(I think he actually would take his Chosen with him. Judging from the confrontation of Thanaton and the SI, the Kaggath has no rule against allies for this. Thanaton calls on his Cyborgs, the SI on his/her companion.)

So, all in all seems that Ikoral has the edge. Vodal could win if his followers can carry on a successful guerilla war or if Ikoral decides to engage the Prophet one-on-one. But they only have a believable chance of winning, they are not clearly superior in these areas.

Right now, Ikoral comes out on top.
Yeah, I think Ikoral wins. It'll probably come down to just Ikoral (and the Chosen) taking on the prophet in the tomb. I don't see him leaving it to fight Ikoral.

Ikoral wins after a long and grueling battle.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Maaruin
01.03.2013 , 04:45 PM | #16
Well, after a long silence, I'll decide:

There are ways the supporters of Vodal Kressh could win this, but overall, they are at a disadvantage. If this was a fanfic, it could go either way. But since it is only a comparison,

I declare Darth Ikoral winner.

Unfortunatly, RL duties will take me in the following weeks. I hope I can resume the Flashpoint battles soon, but it remains to be seen. Up to now, thanks to all who participated.
-Ajunta Pall