Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sage, the paper dog king of all mmo's!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular
Sage, the paper dog king of all mmo's!

LuciferinDNA
12.21.2012 , 08:06 AM | #1
Jedi Sage
expertise: 1280
willpower : 1880
telekinetic tree
So I have to start all my rotation with weaken mind + turbulence... weaken mind insta turbulence takes 2 sec. Till that time(2 sec) a jug can kill me (force armor on)

Happy shmashmass!

Keypek
12.21.2012 , 01:07 PM | #2
Well that's obviously not true if it's just one. Now the likelihood of 3 or 4 of the 6 on the other side seeing you and jumping in at once and insta killing you is not far fetched. But obviously one is not going to kill you in two GCDs if you're geared enough to have that much expertise.

But, your exaggeration not withstanding the smash is out of control.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
55s=1 of everything. Vanguard main.
Undercon __ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands

LuciferinDNA
12.21.2012 , 01:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Keypek View Post
Well that's obviously not true if it's just one. Now the likelihood of 3 or 4 of the 6 on the other side seeing you and jumping in at once and insta killing you is not far fetched. But obviously one is not going to kill you in two GCDs if you're geared enough to have that much expertise.

But, your exaggeration not withstanding the smash is out of control.
Yea, it seems an exaggeration, no doubt , ) and it was not 2 sec..
It looked like:
-jugg jump on me (bubble goes down immediately it stuns him, he break the cc)
-I push the hotkey "weaken mind" till that my hp goes to 70%. I start to push hotkey "turbulance"
-jugg hit and pushback my turbulance (my hp is on 45%)
-jugg hit and pushback my turbulance (my hp is on 10%)
-jugg hit and pushback my turbulance (my hp is on 0%)
-Jugg is on 95% hp

Any way, it was an ista + a 2 sec spell with 3 pushback, I don't remember how much time I spend in this fare fight : D lol
(of course I had 3 points on concentration for reduce the bushback suffered till I cast turbulance)

I have a max lvl Scoundrel, Shadow, Commando, lvl 41 vanguard + a few mid lvl and two max Sage. I play from launch and I still can't figured out how BW wanted to build up sage skill tree... Its a mass! (I still like Sage, but just from the reason of my RP)
It can be a healing statue - boring like hell!
It can be a glass cannon DPS, oh wait, its the worst dps in the game! Never mind, its glass any way..
A jedi who can't use his light saber - lol, just lol : p
Ah but he has the most annoying stun mechanism, what don't serves him as well to make him survive, but makes the already op classes immortal

EA:
**snuffing, computerized voice**
-We hate that "Joda" style AC......I hope we understand each other....
**snuffing**
BW:
Sir yes Sir!

Druce_Jnr
12.22.2012 , 07:37 AM | #4
Are you sure you're playing the class correctly?!?!

I've been level 50 on my sage now for a few weeks (rolled it as a new toon because I got bored of sentinel) and I initially thought I was going to be a healer but for some reason, DPS just seems more fun to play.

I'm rocking a custom 2/21/18 tree, have approx 1700 Willpower and Endurance (unbuffed), I'm wearing full NON-BiS WH with half Fortitude Augments and half Resolve Augments, I've got around 29.3% Crit Chance and a 79% crit multiplier (unbuffed) and I've managed to get my Power stat to a reasonable 890.

On the server I play on there are quite a few awesome marauders, juggs etc and I can manage to survive and burn them down with no trouble at all, even if I'm being piled by quite a few of them.
I average 300k+ dps per WZ (which is alright considering I don't have a pocket guard/healer) and can still manage to play WZ's objectively and earn a fair amount of medals.

This was a few days ago in my full WH: http://imgur.com/P5hm0

This was when I had full BM: http://imgur.com/Ibbx0

All I say is, you just have to manage your rotation well and know how to play your class during different situations. I'm not saying that I really know how to play this class 100% but hey, I'm getting a fair idea of what to do.
The DPS and survivability on a sage is awesome if you kinda know what you're doing.
Saint-xavier Sage Saintdruce Sentinel

LuciferinDNA
12.22.2012 , 03:26 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Druce_Jnr View Post
Are you sure you're playing the class correctly?!?!

I've been level 50 on my sage now for a few weeks (rolled it as a new toon because I got bored of sentinel) and I initially thought I was going to be a healer but for some reason, DPS just seems more fun to play.

I'm rocking a custom 2/21/18 tree, have approx 1700 Willpower and Endurance (unbuffed), I'm wearing full NON-BiS WH with half Fortitude Augments and half Resolve Augments, I've got around 29.3% Crit Chance and a 79% crit multiplier (unbuffed) and I've managed to get my Power stat to a reasonable 890.

On the server I play on there are quite a few awesome marauders, juggs etc and I can manage to survive and burn them down with no trouble at all, even if I'm being piled by quite a few of them.
I average 300k+ dps per WZ (which is alright considering I don't have a pocket guard/healer) and can still manage to play WZ's objectively and earn a fair amount of medals.

This was a few days ago in my full WH: http://imgur.com/P5hm0

This was when I had full BM: http://imgur.com/Ibbx0

All I say is, you just have to manage your rotation well and know how to play your class during different situations. I'm not saying that I really know how to play this class 100% but hey, I'm getting a fair idea of what to do.
The DPS and survivability on a sage is awesome if you kinda know what you're doing.
Greet you fellow Sage : )
It seems that the force is with us... you just proved what I was talking about , )
Did you realized that in the screen-shoots what you posted, the knight players has 723K DMG in the first and 966K in the second screen and I'm sure, that this 400K is your best result, by the way, gratz for it! : ) its very good game from a Sage! And I'm sure, that we all would be wrong to call the knight like a "glass cannon" : )
Its better call him a tank with the best dps in the game.

I still on the opinion, that Sage needs upgrade! And its 100% sure, that non of us will wait till the expansion with the new lvl cap with confidence....

Sage needs buff in dps, commando needs buff in heal tree. Its clear like sky.

Druce_Jnr
12.22.2012 , 07:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LuciferinDNA View Post
Sage needs buff in dps, commando needs buff in heal tree. Its clear like sky.
That, I can agree with!

I mean, if I had some sort of buff in dps, I could easily manage 700k DMG like in that screen shot. If people actually read what the skills do in our skill tree, they'd see that we do have potential to do awesome dps, and as you said, my screenshots prove that it can be done but it could be even better with a dps buff!
Saint-xavier Sage Saintdruce Sentinel

Washingtoon
12.22.2012 , 07:50 PM | #7
Sage needs some buffs but if you are bringing a Tele into a warzone you have to blame yourself. There's no point in making a principle out of playing it since it has was established a long time ago that it's just as useless as the commando dps trees (the person who specified that commando only needs a heal tree buff is way off). I play sage and sorc and whenever I see a sage cast turbulence it instantly becomes a free kill that I have to track down.

LuciferinDNA
12.23.2012 , 04:22 AM | #8
That, I can agree with!

I mean, if I had some sort of buff in dps, I could easily manage 700k DMG like in that screen shot. If people actually read what the skills do in our skill tree, they'd see that we do have potential to do awesome dps, and as you said, my screenshots prove that it can be done but it could be even better with a dps buff!
The thing, is : its very hard to kill Sage till low lvl wz, from the reason, that there is no expertise and his bubble counts a lot. After 50 all classes has, and build up there ulty, what brings down the sage,s bubble with one cast, till expertise gives bunus to healing, but not healing bonus and sage's bubble connected to willpower, power, forcepower - healing bonus! So he is the most glass class after 50, but one of the worst dps...

Chemic_al
12.23.2012 , 04:31 AM | #9
A
Sorry, if they are awesome then there's absolutely zero chance of you burning them down if you have more than one on you. It sounds like they are just bads.

I don't know what it's like on your server but if two smashers get on your case, you're going to die. The WH geared guardians are consistently hitting me for 6 - 7k (yes 6.9k yesterday, and I have full WH and 1300 expertise). Two smashes from them and you're in execute range, which means a 5k dispatch is heading your way. No way you survive all that.

warstory
12.23.2012 , 06:15 PM | #10
I play full tk for pvp, u should be able to get off 1 turbance against a rage jug but u still will not win the fight. U have 2 options u run and give him a force slow or u reapply a stun after they cc break but once their resolve is full u will not get off another big cast.

I think sorc needs a finisher I can get a jug or maurder down to 30% if I play smart but they still have not used their undying rage or endure pain. Dps boost is a must for telek if 1.7 doesn't bring it I am done with the class