Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Place Your Bets!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Place Your Bets!

Beniboybling
12.21.2012 , 08:00 AM | #1
"No game of dejarik can be won without pawns..."

With the Kaggath Tournament fast approaching, its due time that we introduce some real competition to the series. But first, let’s declare the winner of the final round in the Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor. The debate was heated and the arguments exhausted, much like the conflict itself. But ultimately... the Sith Emperor and his Sith Empire triumphed through the will of the Force.

The results?

Sith Empire: 50

Galactic Empire: 46

I can’t say I was surprised by the outcome, after all in the wise words of Darth Vader: “Don’t be so proud of this technological terror you’ve created. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.” Any complaints will be considered, and then responded to with a force choke followed by “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” But the Kaggath Series is over, perhaps it shall return in a Bonus Series, but for now it is the tournament we must consider.

So, who are you rooting for? Who will win? Who will be crowned Kaggath Champion, and who will come second, third and fourth? I’m asking you to predict who will claim 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place – the winner will receive one hundred internet commendations and a lifetime supply of virtual cookies!

Note: the losers of the ‘Kaggath Series’ cannot claim 3rd place, only 1st, 2nd and 4th – don’t ask why.

*You may be wondering while G0-T0 is in the ‘losers’ bracket – but the fact is his victory was unexpected and a feel he is a better match for Tyber Zann than Traya. It also allows for certain individuals to make a cameo. G0-T0 still however, has 'winners' privileges,

Tournament Set-Up
The winners of Round 1 will progress to the Semi-Finals: two sets of Triple-Duels. And the winners of the Semi-Finals will progress to the Final Round: a 1v1 extravaganza.

1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?

Place your bets!

MasterMe
12.21.2012 , 08:02 AM | #2
Yeaahhhh!!! Vitiate won!!! Sweet!!!

MasterMe
12.21.2012 , 08:12 AM | #3
Excellent choice to match up Revan and Kaan!! That seems like it'd be a very close fight!!

konstadinosblue
12.21.2012 , 08:30 AM | #4
I'm going to say:

General Grievous(because of the HUGE droid army)
Tyber Zann
Revan(I changed from Kaan)
Darth Malgus
Tough decision...I'm gonna say ... Darth Plagueis
Okay...I'm going with Naga Shadow this time
Ahsoka: "Well, you want the bad news, or the really bad news?"
Obi-Wan: "Well, let's try the bad news laced with a little optimism."
―Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi, attempting to flee from Mortis

MasterMe
12.21.2012 , 08:30 AM | #5
I pick Revan to beat Kaan. Here's why:
- Kaan will experience infighting
- Revan's army is bigger AND is supported by the Republic, whereas the Army of Light was, appearently, not.

I pick G0-T0 to beat Zann just 'cause I feel like it

I pick Exar Kun to beat Naga Sadow.
- Kun's army is just SO lethal

I pick Greivous to beat MtU. (this one's gonna be close!)
- I imagine MtU's troops are of similar quality as the Clones EXCEPT there aren't as many Mandos as there are clones AND the Mandos don't have Jedi fighting with them BUT MtU has Basilisk War Droids.

I pick Darth Traya to beat Plagueis
- There similar... except... ya know... Traya has an army!

I pick Prince Xizor to beat Darth Malgus (although I'll root for Malgus)
- This isn't gonna be the kind of war Malgus is good at.. at all.

Maaruin
12.21.2012 , 08:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

The results?

Sith Empire: 50

Galactic Empire: 46
And afterwards the Rebellion will free the galaxy from Sith oppression anyways

Quote:
Place your bets!
Let's say I got 1000 Credits.

General Grievous vs Mandalore the Ultimate
difficult to say, I bet 50Cr on Grievous

Tyber Zann vs G0-T0*
I'll place 100Cr on G0-T0

Revan* vs Skere Kaan
I bet 300Cr on Revan

Darth Malgus vs Prince Xizor
I bet 300Cr on Malgus

Darth Traya vs Darth Plagueis
Not that easy to say, still, I'll bet 100Cr on Plagueis

Exar Kun vs Naga Sadow
really difficult to say, I bet 50Cr on Exar Kun (only because I like him more)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Beniboybling
12.21.2012 , 08:50 AM | #7
Interesting...

But overall - who do you think will claim 1st place, and who will come 2nd, 3rd and 4th?

Maaruin
12.21.2012 , 08:55 AM | #8
Interesting...

But overall - who do you think will claim 1st place, and who will come 2nd, 3rd and 4th?
Do they fight with knockout system or will everyone of them face every other participant at one point?
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Beniboybling
12.21.2012 , 08:59 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Do they fight with knockout system or will everyone of them face every other participant at one point?
Knockout system.

Maaruin
12.21.2012 , 09:01 AM | #10
Knockout system.
could you write who will face who in the second round and third round etc. please
-Ajunta Pall