Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play Preview Episode 3 Now Live!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play Preview Episode 3 Now Live!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nee-Elder
12.21.2012 , 12:18 PM | #11
Dear BioWare, EA, or whomever runs this 'game' now:

I can't tell you what i really think of this new Video, because that would likely get me 'warned' or 'banned'.

But since you claim to be "listening", here is some constructive feedback from a devoted STAR WARS fan and longtime *Subscriber* of SWTOR (with no plans of un-subscribing...at least not until Star Wars 1313, Elder Scrolls Online, or SWG-2 comes out) , for whatever that is 'worth' to you at this point in your "business plan":

1) This type of Video is, at best, misleading to new players...and, at worst, insulting to the intelligence of those of 'us' who have remained subscribed since Early Access Launch over a year ago.

2) Please advise the producers of these types of Videos to stop having the 'spokesperson' talking AWAY (askew) from the camera/audience. It's awkward, weird, jarring, and in direct contradiction to the 'earnest' message you guys seem to want to send. How can 'we' take you seriously (or believe in you) if you guys won't even *look us directly in the eyes* on these Videos?

3) When C-3PO watches these types of Videos with me, he always utters the same phrase: 'Delusions of Grandeur'. - I would urge you all to look up exactly what this phrase means and do your best to avoid emulating it from now on if you hope to salvage whatever is left of BioWare's (and SWTOR's) 'reputation'.

4) Speaking for myself and others like me: These types of Videos do NOT make 'us' want to play the game nor purchase anything associated within the game's Cartel Market (only the prospect of *rare* items do that) . Instead, the Video serves as a disappointing reminder of what this game could have been (and still can be) .

5) From now on, if you really truly want to 'promote' this game with authentic enthusiasm: Start making Videos discussing/showing things from that 'WALL OF CRAZY'. You needn't worry about "making false promises" or whatever, because a) That 'perception' is already a reality at this point...and b) Desperate times call for desperate measures (as opposed to desperate-looking Promo-Videos) .

6) Ask LucasArts immediately to allow you guys to use all the 'Cartel Profits' to re-hire the people from BLUR STUDIOS to do something ANYTHING regarding the future 'direction' of this game.

Thanks, good luck, and i hope this post doesn't prevent you from considering my Guild's application on the 'Community Guild Spotlight' thread.

regards, Nee
I love(d) Pre-CU, CU, JTL, SWG, EMU, and TOR. Yeah that's right: *all* of them.
TEAMISB

TheSeventhJedi
12.21.2012 , 01:37 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder View Post

I can't tell you what i really think of this new Video, because that would likely get me 'warned' or 'banned'.

But since you claim to be "listening", here is some constructive feedback from a devoted STAR WARS fan and longtime *Subscriber* of SWTOR (with no plans of un-subscribing...at least not until Star Wars 1313, Elder Scrolls Online, or SWG-2 comes out) , for whatever that is 'worth' to you at this point in your "business plan":

1) This type of Video is, at best, misleading to new players...and, at worst, insulting to the intelligence of those of 'us' who have remained subscribed since Early Access Launch over a year ago.

3) When C-3PO watches these types of Videos with me, he always utters the same phrase: 'Delusions of Grandeur'. - I would urge you all to look up exactly what this phrase means and do your best to avoid emulating it from now on if you hope to salvage whatever is left of BioWare's (and SWTOR's) 'reputation'.

4) Speaking for myself and others like me: These types of Videos do NOT make 'us' want to play the game nor purchase anything associated within the game's Cartel Market (only the prospect of *rare* items do that) . Instead, the Video serves as a disappointing reminder of what this game could have been (and still can be) .

5) From now on, if you really truly want to 'promote' this game with authentic enthusiasm: Start making Videos discussing/showing things from that 'WALL OF CRAZY'. You needn't worry about "making false promises" or whatever, because a) That 'perception' is already a reality at this point...and b) Desperate times call for desperate measures (as opposed to desperate-looking Promo-Videos) .

6) Ask LucasArts immediately to allow you guys to use all the 'Cartel Profits' to re-hire the people from BLUR STUDIOS to do something ANYTHING regarding the future 'direction' of this game.

Thanks, good luck, and i hope this post doesn't prevent you from considering my Guild's application on the 'Community Guild Spotlight' thread.

regards, Nee
This, and then this again for good measure.
Click for free things, please: http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

uaintjak
12.21.2012 , 02:34 PM | #13
Is...is this a joke?

Because honestly it certainly comes off that way.

When are you going to start releasing videos that are actually TIMELY?

Darthvokur
12.21.2012 , 04:22 PM | #14
"Have a great Life Day"
What Life Day? There is no Life Day. You were too tightfisted to do ANYTHING for Life Day other than rip us off. This game won't last another year if this kind of mentality keeps driving the game into the mud.

Izorii
12.21.2012 , 04:29 PM | #15
Video wont play guess I wil wait till it hits you tube and I an watch it.

hillerbees
12.21.2012 , 05:29 PM | #16

2) Please advise the producers of these types of Videos to stop having the 'spokesperson' talking AWAY (askew) from the camera/audience. It's awkward, weird, jarring, and in direct contradiction to the 'earnest' message you guys seem to want to send. How can 'we' take you seriously (or believe in you) if you guys won't even *look us directly in the eyes* on these Videos?

regards, Nee
Listen to this man!! I love the game but everything he mentions is spot on!

TheSeer
12.21.2012 , 05:36 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthvokur View Post
"Have a great Life Day"
What Life Day? There is no Life Day. You were too tightfisted to do ANYTHING for Life Day other than rip us off. This game won't last another year if this kind of mentality keeps driving the game into the mud.
^I agree, I'm still holding on to hope that thing will get better but the future isn't looking to bright.

Eillack
12.21.2012 , 05:50 PM | #18
LOL BS!

You are not listen to feedback on the Cartel Market...
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

xxAtticusxx
12.21.2012 , 08:06 PM | #19

regards, Nee
This x1,000,000
Atti'cus / Mi'ah / Kaey'n

Jaey'den / Na'lla / Att'ii / At'ti / Ma'kii

Rogoo
12.22.2012 , 12:17 AM | #20
You want us to let you know what we think ? Allright.

- Selling UI unlocks in the cash shop is an absolute disaster, whoever came up with that idea should be fired because the amount of bad PR this idea created for the game is rather unfixable

- Your initial idea with giving f2p people ONE (!) quickbar clearly shows how out of touch with reality you are

- How was making the game IMPOSSIBLE to play (you can't play with one quickbar) for F2Ps an even an acceptable idea ?

- Mentioning said quickbars in the video is another terrible move

- Most of the items are terribly overpriced

- A person in charge of the cash shop needs to be replaced with somebody who understands how a succesful F2P model works

- Most of the items in the cartel market are really terrible if you are a subscriber, I have yet to find a single item worth spending money on

- Stop making such videos alltogether! All they do is remind your subscribers how badly this game has flopped.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.