Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Medical Probes?

Elmerpl
01.19.2013 , 03:51 AM | #11
In cartel market window, when you are a subscriber, an exclamation mark shows on the buy button (or somewhere in it's vicinity) on items that you have free access to as a sub and there is a warning about it when you mousover it so there is no cheat tactic used by BW here, just people who don't read careful enough. Still you are able to buy them for the future when you stop your sub for example.

Yes combat rezing (picking up a fellow player while still in fight) is a high level ability for all the advanced classes that have the healing tree: sage/sorcerer, scoundrel/operative, commando/mercenary. All of the mentioned classes have their cd on normal out of combat rez set to 0 as soon as they specialize (lvl 10 or so) so you can pick up others as soon as the fight ends, other classes have a 5 min cooldown on out of combat rez and no in combat rez.

hutchshin
06.18.2013 , 08:24 PM | #12
So ya I hate the 5 probe thing.

Sinapus
06.18.2013 , 08:30 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by zejaie View Post
But they don't get that until they are close to 50 if I remember correctly.
No, the revive after combat comes with the AC at lvl 10 or so. There's a revive during combat ability near lvl 50. I'll have to trudge through torhead or similar to find it.
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

hutchshin
06.18.2013 , 09:07 PM | #14
i liked it when it was unlimted and do you think will change it back?1

ImmortalLowlife
06.19.2013 , 06:13 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeralrik View Post
Dang I'm an idiot I for some reason I thought it was something I would get to be able to rez my buddy's in stead of the long 30 min timer on my probe. WoW I did waste 500 cartel coins on 5 probes, I feel like an idiot now.
Thank you for the reply!

My mindset was thinking it was like the Cookies or cakes in Dungeons & Dragons that you can buy to be able to rez fallen friends.
Don't feel to bad, I did it too lol
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

ZeroPlus
06.19.2013 , 07:34 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by hutchshin View Post
So ya I hate the 5 probe thing.
Quote: Originally Posted by hutchshin View Post
i liked it when it was unlimted and do you think will change it back?1
It is *unlimited* for subscribers. "Free to Play" and "Preferred" players are limited to 5 medical probes.

You are a subscriber or you would not be able to post on the forums. For *you* it is *unlimited*.

In Summary:
  • You DO NOT have to buy Medical Probes as a subscriber.
  • Medical Probes are *not* an item that you use to do something to someone else. When you die, you will get a message in the middle of the screen asking if a) you want to use a Medical Probe to revive where you are or b) return to the nearest medical station.
  • To revive a friendly player (in your group or not) you simply right-click on their body. A cast bar will appear and you should not move until it finishes. When the cast finishes, the dead player will receive a message indicating that you are trying to revive them and they can click on that to revive.
  • You can only revive another player every 15 minutes *unless* your class can be a healer. If your class can be a healer, your "Revive" ability has no cooldown (so you can revive multiple players one after another with no wait).

Hopefully that has cleared up any confusion you had.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

MSchuyler
06.19.2013 , 10:51 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by EmeraldFusion View Post
And, of course, the 500 absolutely wasted Cartel Coins CAN NOT be refunded by Customer Service. So lame!

It's poor design IMO. The market really should recognize if you are a paid subscriber and grey-out items you already have, so you don't waste your coins.
It's lame that you are blaming Bioware for it. At least the other couple of people who did the same thing are owning up to it. In every single CM item that subscribers have already, there is a very clear message in the description saying so. I don't blame anyone for messing up. It happens and this issue has been well-explained. I do blame people who use every misstep they make on their own to blame Bioware, though. That's just silly. Taking responsibility is a much more mature way to behave.

Jeralrik
06.21.2013 , 11:43 PM | #18
Dang hehe I logged into my email and saw this post was pinged I was in shock that someone managed to find it.

I didn't try an get my points back I realized I made a mistake and I owned up to it. Easy come easy go hehe.
Han Solo: Naw. I don't buy that Ancient Hocus-Pocus. Give me a Blaster over the "Force" any day.
Xium Algiz -Sage
Feralrik Algiz-Gunslinger