Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tier 2.3 Gear Appearance is...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Tier 2.3 Gear Appearance is...

Fantazm
12.20.2012 , 11:48 AM | #21
I guess the whole 'we're going to make it look more like star wars' still hasn't happened yet then?

I mean really. Are the design teams constantly drunk or something?

"I know, let's put a silly triangle on the Sorc's head and make the BH look like a rooster!"
"I love it, DO IT!!"

YoshiRaphElan
12.20.2012 , 11:51 AM | #22
Warrior and Agent gear looks great, BH is iffy, but the helmet is horrible, and the same goes for Sorc. Could be worse.

Nemmar
12.20.2012 , 11:54 AM | #23
cdn does look like a keylogger. I wouldnt click that link just to be sure.

AshlaBoga
12.20.2012 , 12:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
cdn does look like a keylogger. I wouldnt click that link just to be sure.
http://download.gamezone.com/uploads...utt-Cartel.jpg

Is that link better?

Quote: Originally Posted by Fantazm View Post
I guess the whole 'we're going to make it look more like star wars' still hasn't happened yet then?

I mean really. Are the design teams constantly drunk or something?

"I know, let's put a silly triangle on the Sorc's head and make the BH look like a rooster!"

"I love it, DO IT!!"
The italicized part makes you think you're actually a member of the design team. Clearly that is their EXACT thought process.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

MaximusRex
12.20.2012 , 12:12 PM | #25
We are actually most likely to get 1 more recolor the the Campaign gear, they said they plan on doing 3 versions of each tier, Tionese, Columni, Rakata being the first tier, this would indicate one more go for the Campaign gear tier.

When Campaign Gear came out and everyone complained about it on the forums they said they would start making more Star Wars inspired sets, but that their gear art had very long lead times and that it might take a couple sets before a difference was seen. That would put the Makeb set shown in the picture within the timeline of the "old" ugly gear we called out against.

I'm not a fan of the gear either, but I'm sharing this so people know the background of what was promised.

I'd like to see more gear that looks like gear in the Movies, and in the TOR CGI movies. In "Return" the inquisitor set actually opened at the bottom (below the waist), I wish they would do something like that. I also like the Sith Warrior armor from "Hope" and "Deceived".

They need to stop putting weird stuff on the backs of gear, I don't get that obsession.

Arlon_Nabarlly
12.20.2012 , 12:20 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
Here's a thought: use moddable gear, remod it, problem solved

My Op is running around in Battlemaster gear with War Hero mods. My Gunslinger is running around in Bounty Hunter Cartel armor. Complaints about new armor looking ugly are just funny.
Honestly I don't know why they don't just change it boss dropping mods instead of peices.

Why is this:
1. Almost all the tier gear they've released has been ugly.
2. Many people will put their stuff in orange gear anyway.
3. They always mess up the gear optimization so even if you get the set you have to remod it make it make sense.
4. Dropping 6 mats instead of 2 pieces would enable loot to be distributed more evenly so more people get loot off each boss.

Spiritinblack
12.20.2012 , 12:23 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
Honestly I don't know why they don't just change it boss dropping mods instead of peices.

Why is this:
1. Almost all the tier gear they've released has been ugly.
2. Many people will put their stuff in orange gear anyway.
3. They always mess up the gear optimization so even if you get the set you have to remod it make it make sense.
4. Dropping 6 mats instead of 2 pieces would enable loot to be distributed more evenly so more people get loot off each boss.
LMAO I just said that earlier in the post. Produce all the gear they want.... but just have the mods/enhancements/armoring drop from boss mobs.
I have been called a hater for voicing my opinion. So be it. But I would rather die on my feet, then live on my knees.

Arlon_Nabarlly
12.20.2012 , 12:27 PM | #28
Forgot a reason:
5. Save players cost of pulling the mods out when they optimize gear.

pixieish
12.20.2012 , 12:30 PM | #29
Do Hunters also get the emote /chickendance with that gear?

Seriously, doesn't their graphics team have an artist that isn't an haute couture fashion designer?

AshlaBoga
12.20.2012 , 12:33 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by pixieish View Post
Do Hunters also get the emote /chickendance with that gear?

Seriously, doesn't their graphics team have an artist that isn't an haute couture fashion designer?
No, they get the " ****-a-doodle-doo!!!" emote, unfortunately it's bugged so it will be stuck on 24/7/365 making it impossible to hear anything in-game except for 1 day during the leap year.

Also it takes all of 10 seconds to erase the parts of the Sorc outfit that are lame: Just make the changes in this crappy photoshop BW and all will be well.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption