Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

310 error - game won't patch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
310 error - game won't patch
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JonnnyB
12.19.2012 , 10:17 PM | #1
I'm having a problem re-installing the game. Once installed the launcher downloads extremely slow then quickly runs into a 310 error and stops. I also re-installed a different game today (SC2 HOTS Beta) which also required a patch after install and that worked fine.

Log:

Spoiler

Beruthien
12.19.2012 , 10:24 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings JonnnyB,

Please ensure that you have added firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe. After this please do a Clean Boot and also restart your router.

Also please flush the DNS cache and then try the patching process again.

Please come back to us if the issue remains.

Thanks!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

JonnnyB
12.19.2012 , 10:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings JonnnyB,

Please ensure that you have added firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe. After this please do a Clean Boot and also restart your router.

Also please flush the DNS cache and then try the patching process again.

Thanks!
Still have the same problem. I did all of the above except add swtor.exe to the exceptions list ... because I can't find it. I can find the launcher just fine but not swtor.exe. Searching for it doesn't work and trying to re-install doesn't make it appear.

Beruthien
12.19.2012 , 11:01 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings JonnnyB,

Are you re-installing via discs or from the downloaded setup file?

Thanks!

JonnnyB
12.19.2012 , 11:09 PM | #5
Greetings JonnnyB,

Are you re-installing via discs or from the downloaded setup file?

Thanks!
Download setup file. And after trying again the 310 error specifically seems to be gone but I'm stuck patching between 1 (just one!) and 50 KB/s. It should be around 5 MB/s (at least that's what sc2 and steam patch at).

Beruthien
12.19.2012 , 11:15 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings JonnnyB,

Could you please make sure that you have the required ports opened on your router. Also if you are using a wireless connection, please try a wired connection.

Thanks!

JonnnyB
12.19.2012 , 11:37 PM | #7
Greetings JonnnyB,

Could you please make sure that you have the required ports opened on your router. Also if you are using a wireless connection, please try a wired connection.

Thanks!
I'm using a wired connection and as far as I can tell I have no ports restricted.

Edit: Having done nothing else, the problem appears to have resolved itself. Currently it is patching at 4.5 MB/s. On one hand I'm happy and on the other hand I'm a bit worried that my computer is smart enough to fix itself XD

Thanks!