Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Frusterated with Level cap increase

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Frusterated with Level cap increase
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kamed
12.19.2012 , 01:45 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone! While we can't address every concern raised in this thread right now, we can reassure you that the gear you've obtained in our current endgame will continue to be relevant after the expansion is released, and it will provide a great bootstrap into the higher-level content offered by Rise of the Hutt Cartel. You won't be replacing your Dread Guard gear with gear you pick up as you level, and thanks to improvements in the way item power is calculated, we won't be handing out any entry-level gear at the new level cap. You'll hear more about RotHC as we approach its launch, and we'll continue to answer questions and provide more details!
Yup, which pretty much means that you can't level in the area with just greens and that you probably need somewhere around Rakata/Black Hole to just do them. Awesome!

KingofGob
12.19.2012 , 01:57 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by kamed View Post
Yup, which pretty much means that you can't level in the area with just greens and that you probably need somewhere around Rakata/Black Hole to just do them. Awesome!
Who said that? It most likely means it will start out being turned for people in quest greens and blues off of corellia plus the free recruit or TIonese gear and end up with you getting green and blue equivalents to either campaign or dread guard. It makes a lot of sense actually.

Urael
12.19.2012 , 01:58 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by kamed View Post
If this is the case they will see a drop in subs. There needs to be some parady moving into an expansion gearwise. Something needs to be done ( a la WoW ) via quest drops or vendor items to get an set of "expansion" level starting gear or there is no way to even start on the expansion. By the time you get done grinding the gear necessary to gear for the current "end game" you will most likely be well into the new 5 levels experience and timewise before you can even enter the new content. Not what I want to do (grind) for levels to get gear just so I can use the expansion ( think alt progression here ).

jibboo
12.19.2012 , 02:04 PM | #64
You spelled frustrated incorrectly.
Zimbra - Assassin

kamed
12.19.2012 , 02:08 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
If this is the case they will see a drop in subs. There needs to be some parady moving into an expansion gearwise. Something needs to be done ( a la WoW ) via quest drops or vendor items to get an set of "expansion" level starting gear or there is no way to even start on the expansion. By the time you get done grinding the gear necessary to gear for the current "end game" you will most likely be well into the new 5 levels experience and timewise before you can even enter the new content. Not what I want to do (grind) for levels to get gear just so I can use the expansion ( think alt progression here ).
I'm not sure if you agree or disagree. But my point is that, there's no way you can just get into Makeb and think it will be a cake walk even with Tionese gear.

I just want to point out that the difficulty in the new daily area Section X was no joke and you couldn't steamroll through some of the mobs even if you wanted to in full BH gear. So based off of that experience, I am projecting that this new planet will be challenging to players.

kamed
12.19.2012 , 02:09 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post
You spelled frustrated incorrectly.
Too funny, OP must be to spell it wrong LOL

Fraeblood
12.19.2012 , 02:17 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by KingofGob View Post
Who said that? It most likely means it will start out being turned for people in quest greens and blues off of corellia plus the free recruit or TIonese gear and end up with you getting green and blue equivalents to either campaign or dread guard. It makes a lot of sense actually.
So us in full Dread will just roflstomp the new quests? It will be interesting to see which it is. On one hand those of us who raid might be over geared, and if you're a person leveling and hit 50, you might have to go raid for a few months, then do the new content? Interesting questions indeed.

RichT
12.19.2012 , 02:20 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Segaki View Post
The idea is to keep you busy even if you have got 6 50s...

What makes you think you will only have 1 55 then?
You can alt your way to 55 with all of them, less appealing if no personal storyline I agree.

Definitely wont be as exciting on the second character of the same faction.

However, people were maxing up alts in EQ, WoW etc etc, and never had any class storylines to do. They did it because they wanted that class as max level. People will do the same here.

KingofGob
12.19.2012 , 02:32 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Fraeblood View Post
So us in full Dread will just roflstomp the new quests?
I think the Black Hole and Section X are good examples of the quest difficulty we'll see at the start of the expansion. It's doable but takes some time on a fresh 50 while it takes less time and less hassle for people in top end gear.

Norke
12.19.2012 , 02:34 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone! While we can't address every concern raised in this thread right now, we can reassure you that the gear you've obtained in our current endgame will continue to be relevant after the expansion is released, and it will provide a great bootstrap into the higher-level content offered by Rise of the Hutt Cartel. You won't be replacing your Dread Guard gear with gear you pick up as you level, and thanks to improvements in the way item power is calculated, we won't be handing out any entry-level gear at the new level cap. You'll hear more about RotHC as we approach its launch, and we'll continue to answer questions and provide more details!
Why do I want to believe that they are taking steps to evolutionize MMOs and the way expansions work, but expect they are going to mess it up horribly at launch?
Norke - Level 50 Sith Juggernaut
Give me Kel Dors or give me death!