Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bounty_
12.19.2012 , 10:58 PM | #211
You know whats funny its not even these boards, after an expansion is announced released, its worst on the wow forums, yet people keep playing.

When one is announce people complain about the price, the content, what ever, yet they still play like all you are.

Its a Expansion because they want ti to be its going to be fun from what they have just said, and we dont know the whole story yet, we still have a few months til "spring" hits and thats march to june, in a calander year or april to july is a finacial calender also know aa "Q1". So we have time. Its 10 bucks for a sub even after launch and 20 for a f2p member, which is fair, look at other expansions like wow, $40 bucks for theirs, and yes it agives a bit more but again we dont know everything yet.

And most of their planets are bigger then most of the areas i have ever played in wow, zones no.
its been a year and they are realeasing a expansiopns thats pretty good ether way.
Naroko'iss - POT5 - Phoenix Down
Cage - Jedi Covenant - Order Of Retribution
Aliit ori'shya taldin, Mando'a for Family is more then blood.

JefferyClark
12.19.2012 , 11:01 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by darklordpotter View Post
So its Belsavis except with no class story then.
Yup, sounds like it.
Jeffinas (Guardian)
Exceptional Legion
Prophecy of the Five

JefferyClark
12.19.2012 , 11:19 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Stradlin View Post
You are describing a content patch.

Nothing told so far even suggests there would be some apparent valid reason to increase lvl cap whatsoever. With one highly significant exception; increasing lvl cap forces people who have any interest in dealing with a lvl cap content to buy this..this " expansion" Based on all that has been said and done so far, this is only reason why cap is increased. Otherwise people might simply skip this.

No mention of Flashpoints or new Ops.
No mention of a single new game feature or tweak.

I have no issue paying for expansions in addition to having to pay a sub fee. Out of non dysfunctional MMOs, only Eve Online has approach more fair to consumers.
I have huge issue with EA forcing me to buy seeminhly irrelevant, unnecessary additional planet by bringing completely artifical, ill justified lvl cap increase with it.

New expansion. Lvl cap increase.
NO mention of new lvl cap content.
ROFLMAO.
Amen. Anyone who wants to pvp MUST buy this. Anyone who does endgame Ops/FPs MUST buy this.
Jeffinas (Guardian)
Exceptional Legion
Prophecy of the Five

BlackUnitXX
12.19.2012 , 11:33 PM | #214
Just a thought here.

From simple math, wasn't MoP like 39.99? Plus, a lot of popular gamers quit after 2 days of crazy grinding.
SWTOR expansion pack is 9.99 (19.99 for f2p) and I mean "More Information Coming in the Later Months"

If you hate the game so much, how can you still post here? (You have to be a sub)

You honestly can't ask so much from the Devs. They had 2 Million Sales and 2 Million Likes on Facebook...That's no simple achievement...

Saltychip
12.19.2012 , 11:42 PM | #215
if you included chat bubbles and fixed the APPCRASH eror in this "expansion" then maybe I would pay 10$ for it.
Strong with the force, this one is not...

Macheath
12.19.2012 , 11:54 PM | #216
If Makeb is as big as their larger planets, then it's probably a little smaller than most expansions from other MMOs out there, in terms of the overall size of the new leveling areas. That said, it's only about half the price of an average expansion, so it doesn't have to be as large.

Things this x-pack still lacks, based on the info we have right now:

- new PvP content (be that a new instanced warzone, or something in the open world)
- new group content (either a couple of Flashpoints, or a single new Operation, would be enough I think)
- a new tier of end-game gear obtainable from these new dungeon(s)
- at least one new playable race (included in the x-pack, not just added to the cash shop)
- new legacy perks for higher legacy levels (they are long overdue)

Even with all that in addition to what's been announced, this expansion would only offer roughly half the content of a typical WoW expansion (which is usually 10 new levels, multiple raids and dungeons, multiple new races, something for PvPers, and then some smaller goodies to top it off.) Since WoW expansions are $40.00, then offering roughly half of that will make Rise of the Hutt Cartel a decent $20.00 value.

-Macheath.
Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Durasturan
12.20.2012 , 12:01 AM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackUnitXX View Post
Just a thought here.

From simple math, wasn't MoP like 39.99? Plus, a lot of popular gamers quit after 2 days of crazy grinding.
SWTOR expansion pack is 9.99 (19.99 for f2p) and I mean "More Information Coming in the Later Months"

If you hate the game so much, how can you still post here? (You have to be a sub)

You honestly can't ask so much from the Devs. They had 2 Million Sales and 2 Million Likes on Facebook...That's no simple achievement...
I bought MoP for 29.99 and that came with 30 days of game time, raid, multiple instances, new zone, new class, new race, new pets, new quests, new story, new mounts, new zone.

RotHC is 19.99, does NOT come with 30 days of game, nor any of the other stuff. All it comes with is the planet and 5 levels.

Bounty_
12.20.2012 , 12:04 AM | #218
those multiple raids and dungeons are added afterwords, so you think about it they can do what they have right now, its close to a typical wow expansions, granted the last two only went 5 levels, like this one. but all the "extra content" is added in content patches, wow usally realeases with 1 maybe 2 raids anf the others are added in along the way.

Bounty_
12.20.2012 , 12:07 AM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by Durasturan View Post
I bought MoP for 29.99 and that came with 30 days of game time, raid, multiple instances, new zone, new class, new race, new pets, new quests, new story, new mounts, new zone.

RotHC is 19.99, does NOT come with 30 days of game, nor any of the other stuff. All it comes with is the planet and 5 levels.
And yet another post that makes assuptions, we have afew months let them get more news out, if they poped the cherry on the first reveal you all would complain that there isnt enough then to.
its a marketing tactic, you tease a product then closer you let more news be known, its happened idk every game or movie release ever.

AboB
12.20.2012 , 12:08 AM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by Bounty_ View Post
And yet another post that makes assuptions, we have afew months let them get more news out, if they poped the cherry on the first reveal you all would complain that there isnt enough then to.
its a marketing tactic, you tease a product then closer you let more news be known, its happened idk every game or movie release ever.
Or the infamous gosh darned iPhone, for example.
EDIT: by BW, appearently?^ If it were Cdn BW, I would be cool with it. But since this is Austin BW, I am not so cool with this censoring...the spirit of Cdn apologeticism, and all ...oh well. I derailed myself.