Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Farstrider
12.19.2012 , 12:49 PM | #131
I love it... So much negativity and hyperbole surrounding an announcement regarding a small expansion, sure its $9.00... But you are getting new content, save the outrage until you know just how much bang for your buck you are going to get, by all accounts it should be quite alot...

Personally, I can't wait to see another five levels and explore Makeb.

Varium
12.19.2012 , 12:53 PM | #132
I'm happy if it's size of a Outland from WoW. I'm more worried about the voice acting.
50 V Legacy

CrazyCanukk
12.19.2012 , 12:57 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Farstrider View Post
I love it... So much negativity and hyperbole surrounding an announcement regarding a small expansion, sure its $9.00... But you are getting new content, save the outrage until you know just how much bang for your buck you are going to get, by all accounts it should be quite alot...

Personally, I can't wait to see another five levels and explore Makeb.

same here.

heck i just came back from lunch and that cost me 11 bucks and that only lasted 45 minutes. Makeb cost me $10 bucks yesterday ($9.99 for the detail oriented types...) and i guarantee ill get a whole lot of hours for that tiny amount..
Twitchtv channel: http://www.twitch.tv/crazycanukk
Twitter: @Crazycanukk
Server: Shadowlands

Mossesman
12.19.2012 , 12:58 PM | #134
Dont buy it then?
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow

Urael
12.19.2012 , 01:02 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!
Good to hear thanks.

To everyone that played WoW, think of Makeb like "Northrend" or "Pandaria". If there is as much to do on Makeb as there was on those two continents in WoW, then this is definately an expansion (plus we have 5 levels).

RichT
12.19.2012 , 01:12 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. .

Just making things up?

Many MMO's have simply added a new continent, and it was quite enough.

Costello
12.19.2012 , 01:23 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!
Are there going to be any new species added in with this faction? With the introduction of the Hutt Cartels it would be nice to see some of the species seen in Jabbas palace being introduced for players to be able to pick such as Rodians, Tradoshians, Gran etc.

Cause as it stands while the expansion can be considered cheap (if you are a sub) for 19.99 is a lot of money for one new planet even if it is a big one with a mix of things to do. The Original game cost 3 times as much but came with 30 days free play and a lot more planets and story and class story and companions with story. So it seems there need to be additional features over and above 5 levels and one large planet.

kamed
12.19.2012 , 01:26 PM | #138
Wow... as expected, if you didn't log on yesterday and just waited for Bioware to give out more info about the expansion some people would not have QQed. Or maybe it was just the tipping point. Who knows.

I'm just as excited about this as everyone else. I just hope its just like Section X, but way bigger XD

RichT
12.19.2012 , 01:30 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by kamed View Post
Wow... as expected, if you didn't log on yesterday and just waited for Bioware to give out more info about the expansion some people would not have QQed. Or maybe it was just the tipping point. Who knows.
Yes they still would have. Just look at this thread as examples.

one guy is making things up stating some unknown rule that 1 planet cannot be an expansion. And other clowns jump in to pretend that they're going to rip through 5 levels in 2 hours.

If those 2 examples dont spell it out that some people are simply going to complain for the sake of complaining, I dont know what does.

iamthehoyden
12.19.2012 , 01:31 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCanukk View Post
you do realize Makeb may only be the start of Chapter 4 and not all of chapter 4 right... they could easily take us back to Nar shadaa a hutt planet..or Hutta..or..Use your imagination.

You know what.......................forget it....................its easier to go forum rampaging then it is to try and see other sides to something ...
That's a lot of "ifs" and assumptions. I'll go by what they've said rather than rampant speculation. Use my imagination and maybe this won't have been a content patch wrapped up in pretty words.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box