Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
12.19.2012 , 12:21 PM | #121
Equal in size to one of the larger planets? So let me get this straight. You're calling this Chapter 4. Chapters are typically 3-5 planets INCLUDING these larger planets. BS. Complete BS.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

darklordpotter
12.19.2012 , 12:22 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
That does sound nice indeed. And i am most exited if there is actually some sandbox elements.
Also we really need a social area on Makeb with all the vendors we needso we can get away from fleet.
What exactly in that quote read as sandbox to you? Not trying to be funny perhaps my interpretation of PR speak is weak but I didn't see anything in that quote that suggested sandbox gameplay.

Mazikeen
12.19.2012 , 12:27 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo.
Yet Blizzard released Outland, which is not much bigger (and may even be smaller) than some of the planets and THAT was OK? I heard no whining about that. How about WotLK, which offered Northrend? That wasn't much bigger.
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

Lionflash
12.19.2012 , 12:29 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Equal in size to one of the larger planets? So let me get this straight. You're calling this Chapter 4. Chapters are typically 3-5 planets INCLUDING these larger planets. BS. Complete BS.
I have no insider knowledge or anything but...

...maybe chapter 4 doesn't end at Makeb? You're right, each chapter is actually several planets, but this story arc might not conclude with this expansion.

sstanks
12.19.2012 , 12:34 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
I'd imagine it's no larger than current planets such as Hoth or Tatooine.
i'd imagine you are inccorrect based at least upon them saying it is much larger then any planet they have made.

KarethRiker
12.19.2012 , 12:36 PM | #126
Thank you for this detail. I can't say I have been happy with some of the decisions lately (not fixing Lobel in TFB and prices of Cartel items), but the transparency you are posting with today is a really nice change and I'll be pre-ordering this morning. Please keep up the frequent communication.

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

iamthehoyden
12.19.2012 , 12:36 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by sstanks View Post
i'd imagine you are inccorrect based at least upon them saying it is much larger then any planet they have made.
Quote:
it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets
That's what they said. Not much larger, but equal in size.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

CrazyCanukk
12.19.2012 , 12:38 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
you do realize Makeb may only be the start of Chapter 4 and not all of chapter 4 right... they could easily take us back to Nar shadaa a hutt planet..or Hutta..or..Use your imagination.

You know what.......................forget it....................its easier to go forum rampaging then it is to try and see other sides to something ...

MrSchmo
12.19.2012 , 12:40 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!
That sounds worthy of $10. Don't know how one can complain. What do you get for $10-15 console dlc? Maybe 3-5 hours of extra gameplay? I bet this will be 20-30 hours of fun.

Looking forward to it, especially the interested in what else you haven't revealed.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

_Darkstar
12.19.2012 , 12:41 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
Yet Blizzard released Outland, which is not much bigger (and may even be smaller) than some of the planets and THAT was OK? I heard no whining about that. How about WotLK, which offered Northrend? That wasn't much bigger.
Outland and Northrend may not have been that much bigger, but they continued WoW in the vein that people wanted, in that they brought more raids to the table. Makeb misses out the one key selling point of this game No amount of size is going to change that fact.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!