Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel: Thoughts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel: Thoughts?

Solinda
12.20.2012 , 06:41 PM | #61
Welp, I'm sad now. Was so excited about the expansion and the idea of a 4th chapter of each personal storyline. I would have paid 20-40 dollars for that and know other people who would have as well.

This new Quesh questing zone for $10 without dark and light choices, character hubs and story arcs for your companions is just basically an update. Shouldn't my sub fee cover that? I guess the sub base can no longer pay for servers so they are slamming together the 'last' update into a paid release before turning out the lights.

Very disspointed. I understood in my heart that free to play meant there would be no expansion or continued support for this game. They really got my hopes up via their spammed e-mail before only to nail the coffin lid shut nice on this game. Good troll bioware, good troll.

Beniboybling
12.21.2012 , 07:08 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Solinda View Post
Welp, I'm sad now. Was so excited about the expansion and the idea of a 4th chapter of each personal storyline. I would have paid 20-40 dollars for that and know other people who would have as well.

This new Quesh questing zone for $10 without dark and light choices, character hubs and story arcs for your companions is just basically an update. Shouldn't my sub fee cover that? I guess the sub base can no longer pay for servers so they are slamming together the 'last' update into a paid release before turning out the lights.

Very disspointed. I understood in my heart that free to play meant there would be no expansion or continued support for this game. They really got my hopes up via their spammed e-mail before only to nail the coffin lid shut nice on this game. Good troll bioware, good troll.
I am dissapointed too, but I doubt were not going to see lightside/darkside choices - they happen in all arcs, not just story. (and the planets quests are second best to story) Nor can we judge the planet this early in, I'm sure it will be very good and have lots of new features. So give it a chance. I do hope this isn't the last expansion we'll see for SWTOR, but I guess their probably crossing their fingers as much as we are. Lets just hope lots of people buy it...

johnxtreeme
12.21.2012 , 03:15 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Solinda View Post

"Quesh"? Who said it was Quesh sized. They said it would be comparable in size to the largest planets in the game. Also, there are TONS of dark/light side choices in world arc missions.

Bodhidharma
12.22.2012 , 07:49 AM | #64
I am skeptical on this one. This is the first time that I can remember of a company coming out with 2 week pre-order deadline with no relevant detail. There is no timeline on the release. Other then 5 levels there is little information on what it is.

I preordered last time on good faith based on Bioware's name. I wish I hadn't the game was months away from being ready for release. I cancelled my sub and came back later.

It feels like they are rushing things just at a chance to grab more money. This is not a good sign at all. Cartel store may be bringing in some money but I believe they have a lot of their cosmetic items priced too high. The store revenue should have covered this expansion without a need to go back to the subscribers for more money.

If they want anything more then a subscription from me. They better actually give me a real idea of what the expansion entails. Not just a few minor highlights.
The Way is basically perfect. It doesn't require perfecting.

CrusherKing
12.27.2012 , 08:24 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Bit of a technophobe aren't you?
Sadly yes
Power and Chaos will give you victory

ZayneDraay
12.27.2012 , 10:51 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Mawduce View Post
hardly, this isnt the universe your looking for. although i will say i think bioware would do it with the way the game is going. its why i canceled my sub. Till i see star WARS, im out.
Your constant repition of telling us you cancelled your sub has offically become annoying, it's fine that you did that but the way you keep going on and on about it is like a sort of sad attempt at humiliating Bioware. Secondly, I suppose you never heard of a cold war? If you had paid attention you would have found out that there was a truce after the sacking of coruscant, which led to the current state of the galaxy. This is why characters fight without trying to go into full-blown war. besides by the third chapter it IS war, but there are so many planets in SW that you can't be expected to partake in EVERY fight.
"Those who know me by reputation say I am a creature of the cold darkness, a monster if you will. Now you too shall fear me." - Darth Crios, lord of icy wrath

jedimasterjac
12.27.2012 , 11:01 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Mawduce View Post
but is that really star wars. a big part of why ALL my friend quit minus one is that the game was no longer about fighting between the republic and the empire, but over third party factions that most of us would rather have bombarded from space.
Star wars isn't black and white. Much of the lore involves more than two warring factions, even in the SW movies.
"Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you."

―Darth Traya, to the Jedi Exile

Beniboybling
12.27.2012 , 11:42 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by ZayneDraay View Post
Your constant repition of telling us you cancelled your sub has offically become annoying, it's fine that you did that but the way you keep going on and on about it is like a sort of sad attempt at humiliating Bioware. Secondly, I suppose you never heard of a cold war? If you had paid attention you would have found out that there was a truce after the sacking of coruscant, which led to the current state of the galaxy. This is why characters fight without trying to go into full-blown war. besides by the third chapter it IS war, but there are so many planets in SW that you can't be expected to partake in EVERY fight.
Exactly, there are as much wars in SWTOR than there is in A New Hope, more infact. Despite the name Star Wars isn't about perpetual epic battles between mighty opponents, it's about heroes, villains and scoundrels. If you want "wars" go watch Lord of the Rings, Star Wars isn't for you...

jonesboyo
12.27.2012 , 04:28 PM | #69
I dont get it, is rise of the hutt cartel a different game?
The Sith's Code:
Peace is a lie, there is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength,Through Strength I gain Power,Through Power I gain Victory,Through Victory my Chains are Broken,The Force shall set me free.

Wolfninjajedi
12.27.2012 , 05:56 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by jonesboyo View Post
I dont get it, is rise of the hutt cartel a different game?
No its just adding on to the game.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.