Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel: Thoughts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel: Thoughts?

Beniboybling
12.18.2012 , 11:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I agree. More battles 'n stuff with the Republic vs Empire would've been better, but I'm still excited for some more content.
They need to wrap up the Hutt/Dread Masters story though - after that they can dive straight into the action. Of course there's Revan and Malgus to consider, Malgus' apprentice has been covered but I do hope that Malgus comes back.

eedwana
12.18.2012 , 11:36 AM | #12
I would have paid 60$ for more than one planet and a space game that is off the rail. I may need to reconsider my subscription as the space game was really important to me due to its iconic nature and star warsy feel.
TOR [Resurgence]
SWG [Force Hunters]
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Imperial Ace

CrusherKing
12.18.2012 , 12:22 PM | #13
I heard it wont be possible to get it in a normal store and if that is true I wont get it, I dont trust the digital system when you pay
Power and Chaos will give you victory

Beniboybling
12.18.2012 , 01:25 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by CrusherKing View Post
I heard it wont be possible to get it in a normal store and if that is true I wont get it, I dont trust the digital system when you pay
Bit of a technophobe aren't you?

Paul_Cousins
12.18.2012 , 01:57 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
There's already a thread for this on General Discussion but I've been told that its a wretched hive of sum and villainy so I'd thought I'd bring it to STAR WARS discussion forum.

Anyway, BioWare have finally announced a new expansion to SWTOR called Rise of the Hutt Cartel coming in Spring 2013, which can be pre-ordered for only 6! ($10) which i thought was pretty cheap. There's not a great deal to it but its nice to see BioWare are committing to their promises, even if there a bit late, and adding more story to the game.

So we got:

INCREASED LEVEL CAP
Continue your Star Wars saga with a new level cap of 55! Earn new abilities, skill points, gear, and more as your character advances!

EXTEND YOUR STAR WARS SAGA
Experience new epic story content with fully-voiced cinematic conversations as players uncover the diabolical plot of the Hutt Cartel to become the new galactic superpower.

NEW PLANET: MAKEB
Explore a vibrant alien landscape as the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire fight for control over a powerful secret.

I'd say that's pretty sweet, thoughts?
$9.99 for new planet is a good deal. I just ordered it myself.

Besides K. Palace is one of the best raids in the game and it this expansion gives more hutt enemies I am all for it. Bring on the rancors.

Though, a haunted dungeon would be nice (sci-fi equivalent to Karazhan).

Mawduce
12.18.2012 , 02:04 PM | #16
id rather fight the republic than the hutts
I was made to fly, and you were made to die...

Missandei
12.18.2012 , 02:17 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Paul_Cousins View Post
$9.99 for new planet is a good deal. I just ordered it myself.
Sure it is.
The F2P will pay $20 for it and as a subscriber you will get it as cheap as $15+$10 =$25
It is good to be subscriber!
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Vultana
12.18.2012 , 02:28 PM | #18
So what will be the new end game? We go from 4 Ops to 1 or none?
Prophecy @ Canderous Ordo
http://www.prophecytheguild.com
The Tavik Legacy
Vult - Narshadal - Rhiyana

Jonoku
12.18.2012 , 02:40 PM | #19
They should add in the expansion, simply put, MORE VARIETY, people like different things and I'm sick of seeing space segways and the bad design of that christmas speeder.

jarjarloves
12.18.2012 , 04:38 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by eedwana View Post
I would have paid 60$ for more than one planet and a space game that is off the rail. I may need to reconsider my subscription as the space game was really important to me due to its iconic nature and star warsy feel.
space game is still on it's way. In fact i'm willing to be that if this mini expansion is a success for them we can see them doing the same thing with the SSSP.