Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we not buy this 'Expansion' with Cartel Coins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we not buy this 'Expansion' with Cartel Coins?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lionflash
12.18.2012 , 08:11 AM | #1
It's hard to defend this descision without doing so. As far as I know, (and I've clicked on pre-order, it doesn't let you buy it with CC) you can only buy it with money. After looking through the FAQ section for this 'expansion' again, there is no other method.

The Cartel Coins are a currency for this game, I don't see why it isn't an option. To everyone saying that BW is charging $$ for content from subscribers... if you simply aloud us to pay for it with Cartel Coins it would no longer be a kick in the pants.

With our monthly allowance of CC (between 500 - 700 depending on your situation) it would be easy to save up for the expansion. Especially after knowing when it's coming in advance. If it happends to cost 1200 CC for subscribers then it's easy to save that much for a few months. Now I'm going to have over 3000 CC (I assume) by that time sitting in my bank and I still have to spend money?

What the sith?

Journeyer
12.18.2012 , 08:13 AM | #2
Welll, I don't know what BW will do next Spring, but I'd say that at the present it makes sense. I mean, you spend Cartel coins in the Cartel shop in the game, right? And there's no expansion in the game yet....

So the pre-order, out of game, is in $. Mind you, no guarantee that once it goes live it'll be a Cartel shop unlock, but since Section X is, I assume.......
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

Goretzu
12.18.2012 , 08:14 AM | #3
As of this moment, seemingly NO.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

JackPipsam
12.18.2012 , 08:14 AM | #4
It simply doesn't make sense.
LotRO and DDO do this without issue.
If I am not mistaken Everquest expansions can be brought with Station Cash.

My only theory is that they don't want subscribers (us, the people who supported their game) to use our unspent credits and get it without paying extra.
I have a golden wii stick, what do you have?

UNSUBBED FROM GAME IN PROTEST OVER THE APAC SERVERS CLOSURE!

Auraleus
12.18.2012 , 08:14 AM | #5
If they allow it to be purchased with Cartel Coins, then they lose the extra revenue from current subscribers. Would it be a nice thing for them to do? Yes. Are they going to? Probably not

Goretzu
12.18.2012 , 08:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Auraleus View Post
If they allow it to be purchased with Cartel Coins, then they lose the extra revenue from current subscribers. Would it be a nice thing for them to do? Yes. Are they going to? Probably not
Most if not all other Freemium game with subscribers do allow you to though.

It seem to be yet another case of them trying to nickle and dime their subscribers.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Fornix
12.18.2012 , 08:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Auraleus View Post
They probably will:
http://db-ptr.darthhater.com/items/5...e_hutt_cartel/
Member of <Helix>

Goretzu
12.18.2012 , 08:24 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
Then this needs to be stated now.............. rather than trying to fish subscribers into paying direct cash for somthing they don't need to.

Equally that could mean that F2Per have to buy the expansion and the CH4 quest as seperate entities.

ckoneful
12.18.2012 , 08:27 AM | #9
It's cash up front for a preorder essentially. I'll pay an extra 10$ to do the content with a 10th of the people mobbing the place.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

Auraleus
12.18.2012 , 08:28 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
Oh, nice! Well let's keep our fingers crossed then.