Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crash To Desktop about 2-3 Times every 45minuets with about 15min load times.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Crash To Desktop about 2-3 Times every 45minuets with about 15min load times.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aztond
12.19.2012 , 10:02 PM | #21
its very nice of all of you to give me suggestions on how to fix my problem but i was really looking for a solution from customer support that would resolve my issue without installing a new OS, i guess they dont really keep up with there work here tho.

OwenBrooks
12.19.2012 , 10:19 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aztond View Post
I Purchased a 128 GB SSD 8GB 1800OC ram and a SATA 3 MOBO for the SSD and RAM hopefully that will help. These guys dont seem to understand that they have a HUGE memery Leak Problem.

Mate you just bought 8Gb of RAM, your current system will never use over 4Gb.

Aztond
12.19.2012 , 10:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Mate you just bought 8Gb of RAM, your current system will never use over 4Gb.
Yes but im not going to cloan the Drive im going to reinstall with windows 7 64bit- but still looking for a solution while i wait for my parts.

OwenBrooks
12.19.2012 , 11:01 PM | #24
Yes but im not going to cloan the Drive im going to reinstall with windows 7 64bit- but still looking for a solution while i wait for my parts.
If you are being affected by the memory leak on a 32 bit OS, there is no time frame yet on a solution.
The only answer they can provide at present is they are working on that issue.

There is alot of variables when it comes to individual systems, and whilst one issue maybe affecting one person doesn't mean it is affecting another. Have a look at the patching issues on here.

Keep in mind people will only come here when they have issues, not when the system is working well, so you will only find people with issues normally posting in here.

Lets say there is 250,000 people subbed at the moment, not a unrealistic figure, having posts from say 125 people at a time is 0.05% of them. This is normal given no one person's system is the same.

Aztond
12.19.2012 , 11:09 PM | #25
that doesnt really Make any sense, but thanks anyway

OwenBrooks
12.19.2012 , 11:19 PM | #26
that doesnt really Make any sense, but thanks anyway
The parts you bought look very good, and the SSD is going to make your system way quicker over a standard HDD, trust me you won't regret it.

Some free advice , if you install the OS on the SSD , put the majority of your programs on a normal harddrive.
I only install ones I use every day on the SSD.

Hambunctious
12.19.2012 , 11:26 PM | #27
XP will use more than 4GB of ram. It won't display you have more, but it will access more.

PAE support, built into processors since the pentium pro, allows 36bit access, which is more than 4GB of ram. Even though windows will usually only ever show 3 to 3.5gb.

PAE was disabled in the registry of some of the earlier versions of xp, but it is enabled on most since 2003.

swtor.exe is a 32bit process, and it followed 32bit ram usage until 1.4.

They just need to fix it back to how it was.

OwenBrooks
12.19.2012 , 11:32 PM | #28
Microsoft Windows implements PAE if booted with the appropriate option, but current 32-bit desktop editions enforce the physical address space within 4 GB even in PAE mode. According to Geoff Chappell, Microsoft limits 32-bit versions of Windows to 4 GB as a matter of its licensing policy,[2] and Microsoft Technical Fellow Mark Russinovich says that some drivers were found to be unstable when encountering physical addresses above 4 GB.[3] Unofficial kernel patches for Windows Vista and Windows 7 32-bit are available[4] [5] that break this Microsoft enforced limitation, though the stability is not guaranteed. These tools increase the RAM limit of the 32-bit version of Windows 7 to 64 GB.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888137

But yes you are correct they do need to fix it.

Aztond
12.20.2012 , 12:13 AM | #29
Yeah, I Kinda already knew that the only Quick fix was to Reinstall Windows on a 64Bit Version but at the time in reinstalled the OS i wasnt thinking that far into it, i was just extremely Frustrated, i Dont get muhc time off to play games so spending 30 mins reinstalling windows and 5 Hours reinstalling the game is just a Huge hassel for me, Id rather wait for my parts to get here and Just suck it up then

And also on my SSD, i only planned on installing the Game (swtor) and Windows, everythign else i will keep on my HDD after i format it as a storage device, and not a bootable operating system me thinks

Thnaks for the Advice guys, iF you know of any good SDD tweaking / optimization Guids, or just some advice it would be greatly Appriciated, it should arrive tommorow afternoon and will proboly take most of my day to Configure, i defiently do not want to burn it out in a few months by overusing it, or what not.

OwenBrooks
12.20.2012 , 12:27 AM | #30
Just leave system as defaults, less things to go wrong

I hope you can finally get back to enjoying the game