Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crash To Desktop about 2-3 Times every 45minuets with about 15min load times.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Crash To Desktop about 2-3 Times every 45minuets with about 15min load times.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aztond
12.17.2012 , 11:08 PM | #11
I have Reposted my Dxdiag Specs after Updating Windows 7 All the way Including all Optional Updates, and am still Currently Experiencing the same Problems.

OwenBrooks
12.17.2012 , 11:41 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aztond View Post
Thats what im Noticing Even with 6GB of ram, I think The leak is causing me to crash Very Fast, Is there anything i can do to help Outside of Installing a 64bit Version of Windows, This game takes like 6 hours to install...
Zero crashes here on win 7 64bit and i've played up well over 12 hrs on occasion.

I am also aware of players that have win xp 32 bit OS and not crashing at all.

You can have 6gb in your computer but win 7 32bit will only ever use likely about 3.5gb
If you want to use the difference between Avaiable and installed memory below you need to use a 64bit OS
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3328MB RAM

Aztond
12.17.2012 , 11:49 PM | #13
Thank you but that is not really Helpful for me.

Aztond
12.17.2012 , 11:51 PM | #14
Crashed To desktop after Switching from Tatooine 1 to tatooine 2 Game was open for maybe 2-3 Minuets

OwenBrooks
12.18.2012 , 12:14 AM | #15
Crashed To desktop after Switching from Tatooine 1 to tatooine 2 Game was open for maybe 2-3 Minuets
The best advice I can give you, is to upgrade to Win 7 64 bit, with the 32 bit version you can remove 2gb of your ram as it is not being used at all.

Crashes this quickly even on a 32 bit OS is not normal, you will need to make sure that you have
the latest patches for C++ and .Net 4 and your dxdiag looks ok except i think you need to install motherboard chipset drivers.

Do you get errors anywhere else even when you re-installed, can you play other games ok ?
Maybe your RAM is faulty, maybe your Video Card is faulty you will need to eliminate.

Drop your video settings down in game and see if the issue persists, it could be that you have enabled a setting that your video card simply cannot handle.

I hope the GMs can assist you further and I do hope you find a solution.

Aztond
12.18.2012 , 12:39 AM | #16
Ive been Playing SC2 on Ultra maxxed out settings with out any Lag, so i dont think its the Video card, or the Ram, and i did the Chipset Drivers First thing after windows finished.

Aztond
12.18.2012 , 01:09 AM | #17
I Purchased a 128 GB SSD 8GB 1800OC ram and a SATA 3 MOBO for the SSD and RAM hopefully that will help. These guys dont seem to understand that they have a HUGE memery Leak Problem.

OwenBrooks
12.18.2012 , 01:11 AM | #18
I Purchased a 128 GB SSD 8GB 1800OC ram and a SATA 3 MOBO for the SSD and RAM hopefully that will help. These guys dont seem to understand that they have a HUGE memery Leak Problem.
Please install a 64bit OS on this you will fully utilize your hardware then, Nice hardware the SSD makes a huge difference. I have my OS and my popular programs installed on the SSD all other programs get installed on my HDD.

sDiesel
12.18.2012 , 01:20 AM | #19
with limted ram under a 32bit os your adding to the problem, swtor is NOT friendly and kinda needs the 'perfect' atmosphere. when i was running tor on my laptop i had to add more ram(started at 2gb went to 8, ditched the old stick) which fixed my c2d problems, luckly i had been using a copy of win7 x64. but it was still damn slow =3.

the only options i can offer is turn down all settings in game, if you dont crash then beef up the settings one by one till the problem shows itself.

im having my own problems atm with random restarts, no bsod or the norm. prolly a psu and/or bad ram stick, but that's another story.

btw, your gfx card seems dated...might be a problem?

OwenBrooks
12.18.2012 , 01:45 AM | #20
I am sure I am about to repost the obvious and It is not meant to tell the OP to suck eggs, but rather ensure other people that read this thread understand one of the big differences between a 32 bit OS and a 64bit OS

As an example the 32 bit OS that the OP has can only utilize between 3.2 Gb and 4.00Gb ever, adding any further ram to this OS is pointless as it cannot access it.

Even with the OPs 6Gb of ram that he had installed you can take out 2 Gb of ram because the OS will never use it.

You need a 64bit OS to utilize any system ram over 4GB installed in a computer.